Banning an Alliance Member

When faced with a disruptive Alliance member, as an Alliance Leader, I’m inclined to kick them. What prevents this member from doing a name change and coming back to continue the cycle?

I am assuming from your phrasing that you have an open alliance and the most basic solution would be to switch to invite-only.

5 Likes

Nothing really… I mean it’s effort and $$ (gems) just to be somewhere that you’re not wanted…

You used to be able to “track” people via the “block” function but that was removed in V26 (read more on thread below). Flip side was tho that stalkers could “track” their “prey”

3 Likes

That really the only option unfortunately. But when you have a new player join check your blocked list and see if they are blocked there, they tend to change names and come back.

Oh and @voidstrike, it’s good to see your still rocking the pantless look. I was worried you’d cave and put some on

1 Like

Well, switching his name for free is just possible once.

After that, I think 500 gems. And if your trouble member is willing to do so, there is no chance to prevent it.

Still, even setting alliance on invite-only wouldnt fix this.

You should be very careful with promiting members in general.
There are plenty of stories of good alliance Leaders that promoted up to vice-leader (dunno the english word… the one before leader…)
And just out of nowhere half of the alliance was kicked of one of those.

Or alliances got captured and renamed, while the leader was helping out on another titan.

So just… be aware and think twice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This will happen only if my family hates me, essentially says “F you” and goes against the wishes outlined in the section of my will marked\ “what to do with my remains when I die”.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this player is rather emotionally invested in being involved in this particular alliance and is also a wallet warrior, so money is no object where gratifying whims are concerned. (We do have a closed account.)

Question to those that know.

If you BLOCK them and then kick them, you wont see their request to join as they are blocked?

This way if all in the alliance who are elders and above block this member, his/her request to join will never been seen again by anyone that have the power to accept.

5 Likes

This particular player keeps changing names.

Even if they change names it will keep them blocked. If only one of you blocks them then you will know its them if the person who blocked can’t see the request.

2 Likes

Well, then I am afraid there is no way to keep him 100% out.

What keeps him coming? Other alliance members? Try to figure that out, and if neccesary get rid of a couple of members before there is top much pressure.
To be clear: get rid of, means, talk to them and ask them to leave for good :slight_smile:

One thing that may fix the problem is to change the alliance name after kicking this person out…

Change the name & they can’t find you anymore :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There really is no good answer. As a chat moderator/ forum moderator in another MMO, I have seen vulnerable players quit over this issue.

One option in any MMO is to keep screenshots of the disruptive behavior.

After every 3 incidents of disruptive behavior, send the latest screenshots to customer service.

Employees of SGG have many more tools to investigate, and prove, this type of behavior than players.

But they cannot investigate, prove, temporarily discipline, account ban, device ban with a complaint and depending on the disruption, user screenshots.

See also

1 Like

This is helpful feedback!

The situation seems to have stabilized and the member exited the alliance (for the time being, at least).

Your suggestions provide a good strategy to assume should this member decide to come back and not play well with others.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Your username is wonderful on translation (as far as i can tell anyway!)

This alliance member? Sounds totally crazy; be careful please?

Thanks, sft1965! The elders discussed it and we’re going to implement the documenting strategy should this member or an incarnation from this member return.

I’m curious, tho…what language are you translating into and what does my username translate as?

I think i’ll say no more about that. It just wouldn’t be appropriate. If coincidence is involved, it is charming.

Take care! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
  1. Does the leader of your Alliance not have screenshots of the heroes of the Alliance members? The combination of characters can be compared to the uniqueness of fingerprints. Even if a bad person changes their name, they won’t be able to quickly change the main characters in their stable. )))
  2. I always have the phone numbers of my fighters to add them to a group in WhatsApp. If I expel someone for bad behavior, I don’t delete their data, but I make a note in my contacts that this person is unreliable. Then, when you accept a new fighter into the Alliance, when you add their contacts, I will immediately see that such a contact already exists, and everything will become clear.
    If you can change your nickname in the game, few people will change their phone number so that it is not recognized. ))))
1 Like

I hadn’t thought of getting screenshots of the line up. Definitely will be doing that moving forward!

Making members give leadership their personal phone number seems a bit extreme to me, and personally I would never do it.

2 Likes