Bane costume not retaining leveling

lol whoops and 20 characters

Thank you! Okay, if that were true, I would have my maxed Bane and a level 31 Bane, Right? I have the maxed Bane and a level 7 Bane. Honestly, this has been more than I can cope with today, lol. I play to relax and find myself far on the other end of that right now, so apologies, but I need to not even look at any more for a bit to get my emotions under control.

Thanks again everyone. :slight_smile: :disappointed_relieved:

Iā€™d check one of your costumed Banes isnā€™t hiding the Lvl 31 Bane. GL

1 Like

Thanks. Just going to go with what it is.

I have a fully levelled up Bane (I had him fully levelled up before they created costumes). I then got a costume for him and shortly afterwards, got another Bane. Having liked Bane, I decided to costume Bane and level him up also. Right now, he sits at ascension level 1 and Iā€™m getting a message about the costumes Bane being higher than the original and i canā€™t level him up anymore, the ascend tab is greyed out. What do I do?

1 Like

Did you equip the costume on your new unleveled Bane or on your maxed Bane? You cannot level a costume higher than the hero wearing it, so if you go back and equip it on your maxed bane, you should be fine

2 Likes

This is the same issue and has solutions which could help.

1 Like

Love the new nickname, @voidstrike! I warned you to be careful what you wished for. :wink:

2 Likes

@NPNKY I love this new nicknameā€¦could not represent me any better.

It has enough pretense to match my levels of pretentious behavior.

@PapaBot2008 if you still need help, posting screenshots could help confirm what the situation is and provide you the best advisement on this matter. We may sound dismissive but itā€™s because many issues or concerns have been addressed ad nauseam so forum regulars tend to be curt.

2 Likes

Honestly the costumes are still quite confusing to me. But I did find my maxed Bane and am somewhat working on leveling the costume. For the most part, I just enjoy playing and the company of all the fine people I have been blessed to interact with. Thank you for your concern and information. Everything I learn is one step closer to being a better player and hopefully a better teammate for my alliance. One day at a time. :slight_smile: :relaxed:

3 Likes

There is a thing I donā€™t get too. I make an example with Rigard.

• I have one Rigard at Max Level
  • I have another Rigard at 1.8
  • I have ONE Rigard costumed, which is Maxed (from the Maxed Rigard)

Well if I check the costume version for the other Rigard (the one at 1.8) I can see that the costume is 1.1 (and not 1.8 as I could expect since I already maxed that costume from the other Rigard).

Honestly I expected that costume level could be limited by hero level (this case costume is maxed, but Rigard is 1.8, so the costume level should be limited to 1.8). I didnā€™t expect that I had to level up THE SAME costume different times for every different hero who can wear it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s how it is. It ā€œhelpsā€ provide a resource sink per hero you desire to wear costume.

1 Like

I canā€™t help but laugh and Iā€™m afraid to ask what you did to earn such a prestigious title :rofl::rofl:. Nvmā€¦ I really DONā€™T need to know.

Sorry for being off topicā€¦ But to normal viewing.

2 Likes

Long story short, I am an idiot, lol. :slight_smile: :wink:

@Bassackwards, @PapaBot2008 & @Phobos

First Iā€™ll just link the Costume FAQs cause they actually answer all three of your questions:

Next;

@Bassackwards, sounds like you were levelling the costume on an unlevelled copy of Bane. Unfortunately costume levels are linked to the base hero and are non-transferrable. Thus you have to level up each copy of Bane & each copy of his costume.

@PapaBot2008 sounds like you have done the same in that you have been levelling the costume on the unlevelled copy (see above).

@Phobos, same issue. Worth noting that if you read the tool-tip on the costumes it actually tells you that while multiple heros can make use of the same costume pattern, you have to level each one up individuallyā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you. I believe I figured my mistake out. I learn better by doing, although written info is always good too. I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness.

1 Like

Thank for your reply. However after discovering in-game I actually understood that every hero must upgrade its own costume.

What I didnā€™t understand is the concept: I mean: you upgrade a costume, you can use costume duplicates to upgrade the costumeā€¦ so conceptually is the costume which is upgraded (which can be considered the object). And if the object is the same, it should be ready for other people to use it.

For example imagine yourself in a RPG. that you have a broken knife which can be used by Alpha and Beta (Alpha and Beta are two heroes). Alfa repaired the knife and he can be use the knife. But why Beta should repair THE SAME knife (already repaired by Alfa).

This does not mean I did not understood the game mechanic. But the concept is a bit weak, imo. Having saying that I understand it is developed this way focusing on game balancing.

1 Like

Think of it as being trained in using the equipment, not repairing the equipment itself.

You have the costume on hand, but each hero needs to be trained fully in utilizing the costume. Thatā€™s the concept.

5 Likes

I acknowledge that these costumes are above my intelligence level. But for the life of me. I do not understand why the costume on my maxed Bane keeps reverting to level 1 when all I do is unequip and re-equip the costume to be certain I am working on leveling the correct one.

How many max banes do you have? Be sure to look at the power levels.

Power level should creep up as youā€™re leveling up the costume.

Power level of max bane is 440

Screenshot_20200314-191318_Empires

2 Likes