Bane +14 or Li Xiu 3/12 for defense team?

The more slowish the heroes are on the defense, the more essential that the core defense be focused on delay and deny–I think of this like a prevent defense from American football.

You’re willing to concede tile play opportunities to the enemy in exchange for stopping specials from firing until your big specials come on line.

Li Xiu, Scarlett and Kiril form a decent core for a prevent defense, since they decrease mana, debuff attack, buff defense, and heal. Putting them out to toward the edges would dilute this effect.

Skittleskull is an odd duck, though, because her special is effectively a Prevent Defense special that fires as Slow mana. Her average damage against a theoretical average 4*/5* hero is about 325, which isn’t enough to kill a hero that’s not already hurting badly.

Without some heavy damage available from the wings, a Prevent Defense core will just get taken apart slowly instead of quickly.

3 Likes

No doubt. Skittles firing late is far from a guarantee of turning a battle. As you point out, she really doesn’t have an ideal place on a defense team at all. It sounds like OP is just rolling with what he/she has at this point.

But if you’re running Li Xiu and Cyp at tank and flank (or vice-versa), your options for the other flank are Kiril, Scarlett, and Skittles. Of those, I think Scarlett is too squishy and Skittles is too slow, so if you make Kiril the other flank, there’s nowhere else for the others to go but wing. A green hitter like Caedmon on the left wing would be more ideal, for sure, but I’m assuming OP doesn’t have him yet.

3 Likes

Just Skittles… I’ve pretty much mentioned all of my levelled 4*s

You are right… Skittles is not an A hero but so far the best green one I and wineybrit got. If you consider hitting 5 targets then 1500 dmg sounds ok. And the thing is…beeing an AoE hitter you can be sure she finds that particular badly hurt hero …unless suffering from a negative status effect and missing.
This becomes even more handy in wars…when not all players do have 30 full ascended 4* heroes or better.

I got 3 AoE hitter (Colen, Li Xiu, Skittles) on my defensive team…pumping as many negative effects to the attacker as possible. I’m fine with that.

Yeah depends on your league. For diamond no way…but for gold and early platin the above is enough. But you are right…things got really better when I was able to add Sonya on last ascension to my team on the right wing.

3 Likes

Scarlett at 4/70 can survive 6 neutral tile hits from a 4*/5* mixed 3 stack, and is very likely to fire at least once. With a crit troop (or 3* defense troop), that will extend a bit.

Whether that is sturdy enough for the flank is an interesting question.

Let’s think a bit about what we’re inviting the high gold/low platinum enemy to bring at us based on our core 3:

Kiril at flank with some combination of Li Xiu and Cyprian in tank and flank is begging for either monocolor X (whatever the tank’s weak color is); an X/Green stack, with Melendor and/or Caedmon in green; or an X/Blue stack with Sonya in blue. Li Xiu at center adds Sabina to the list of tasty dispellers, and possibly Rigard as a cleanser for those def downs.

At this point, both Kiril and Cyprian get neutralized by one dispeller in Kiril’s weak or neutral color.

So I probably prefer:

Scarlett/Kiril/Cyprian/Li Xiu/???

I wouldn’t hate Scarlett/Kiril/Cyprian/Li Xiu/Berden, since it puts some teeth into the center if people throw tiles centrally, and maximizes the challenges of either yellow/green or yellow/blue. A dispeller will unwind most of it–but that’s life. Also of note is that yellow is generally the weakest 3*/4* stack color out there.

I would rather face 3-5 yellow 4* heroes than some subset of Tiburtus/Sabina/Rigard/Cyprian/Proteus/Merlin/Ameonna.

A gutsy attack choice against this defense is purple/green, but might actually be the strongest option.

After a bit of leveling

When Skittleskull is a little sturdier, you can try her in corner and see how you like it. At that point, I’d flip to Scarlett/Kiril/Cyprian/Li Xiu/Skittleskull

I’d probably go some combination of yellow and blue or purple and blue attacking this. Blue has a lot of decent options, with Boril being particularly exciting because of all the AOE and splash damage on the defense.

4 Likes

Any updates on this? How is your team doing?

Hi @Vikingblood80,

Thanks for asking.

My defense is nearing TP3500

Skittle 4/63 Kiril 4/70 Cyprian +2 Li Xui +3 Scarlett +9

I still don’t have another Green 4* so Skittle will probably be there for a while. I honestly play my farming team on defense most of the time as in low platinum I’m almost always looking to bring my cups down. When I do play my top defense team it seems to effectively keep my cups steady in low platinum so I’m not really in much of a rush.

Levelling Gormek 4/33, Grimm 2/37 and soon Danzaburo. Won’t have too worry to much about my defense till I make the push to diamond.

2 Likes

Thx…I was able to replace Skittles with Little John since sunday…so this is how mine looks like:

2 Likes