Ban on alliance chat

It is necessary to give the alliance authorities the opportunity to punish players, such as a ban on chatting for 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 hours; you do not want to lose a good player and there are no other ways to cool him

This has got to be one of the worst ideas Iā€™ve heard. You think banning someone from speaking is going to end well?

11 Likes

A player Iā€™d want to ban from chatting isnā€™t a player Iā€™d want to keep regardless of their powerful teams.

If itā€™s just a player with strong, but positive opionions, no problem. If theyā€™re abusive, rude or other juvenile behaviour, Iā€™d simply remove them.

8 Likes

no ā€¦ you probably read not what I wrote, but what you want ā€¦ a ban is limited by time ā€¦ sometimes people need to be stopped so that they donā€™t say too much ā€¦ cold and constructively communicate

1 Like

Well just disagree on this one. I donā€™t see that as constructive.

I disagree as well sounds like you want to send them to a corner cause they are speaking their mind.

Not a very good alliance no surprise if they leave I would.

1 Like

That sounds like a terrible idea. I agree with another post, if a player needs to be ā€˜silencedā€™ then itā€™s not a player I want, or an alliance I would want to be in.

1 Like

It would also be an excellent use of discord or line private messaging. A private chat perhaps to point out why their behaviour is unacceptable.

Perhaps giving the person a chance to apologize and stay, or apologize and leave, with some dignity still intact.

2 Likes

Yes, this is also important ā€¦ but there is no tool to influence the player except for exceptions from the alliance ā€¦ I do not want to lose the fighters with whom I played in the alliance for a long time. two of these players in the conflict in the chat ā€¦ I tried to calm down, they interfered, collapsed as I have no instruments of influence, and I will not turn out

Iā€™ll reveal a secret to you, sometimes people conflict, it happens in different age categories and for different reasons ā€¦ the alliance needs a conflict resolution mechanism ā€¦ I suggested one of the options

I think if you placed a limited time ban on someone to prevent conversation they would probably leave, in my alliance if someone was being deliberately rude I would just kick them regardless on how good they are as there is no place for that in an alliance.
I can understand the need for discipline, but I donā€™t think itā€™s this.
We have a three strike rule which alot of other alliances have and it works pretty well.

1 Like

so that discipline needs an understanding of the inevitability of punishment ā€¦ but in real life you donā€™t shoot anyone who thinks otherwise ā€¦ thereā€™s no point in kicking a person when he is heated with an argument, he should stop and think it right, he should understand himself in the alliance or not, but during a dispute a person is controlled by emotions, a ban for an hour will allow him to stop thinking and make a decision ā€¦ this minimizes the loss of the alliance in active players

Depends he or she is saying its a matter of opinion providing it doesnā€™t get out of hand fine if one resorts to name calling, they get warned if they donā€™t stop they are out.
I canā€™t apply the rules of real life as you put it in a game, but I do have rules simply ones dont attack the Titan or participate in war 3 strikes you are out if you away for afew days no problem let us know.
No one has a problem with thisā€¦but if I started putting a virtual muzzle on members I donā€™t think it to much.
Plus you a need a reason to ban them?
Not as easy as you think, you may think they need to cool down, whereas they are just voicing an opinion.
They could leave due to them thinking they have been wrong fully banned.

I respect you for pursuing your idea but like afew others I canā€™t see this working.

1 Like

no, everything is simpler ā€¦ a real case: two players argue in a chat, they know my rules not to expel active players, they do not react to my warning, they get personal on emotions, eventually they broke up with one. if there was an opportunity to block them even for an hour, sure they would calm down, both players were valuable to the alliance, especially on the eve of the war

Well I dont think itā€™s as simple as that.
I respect your opinion.
We will just have to disagree

In any case, a mechanism is needed to influence the players from the leadership of the alliance; this is just a suggestion of one of the possible options ļ¼›

If you canā€™t maintain a civil atmosphere without needing a way to suspend playersā€™ ability to chat, then you might be doing something wrong.

The very idea of alliance leaders having a chat ban power seems a bit repulsive to me. If I was ever in an alliance where a leader suspended a player from chat I would immediately leave.

5 Likes

that is, the idea of expelling a player, not giving him a chance to come to life more humane in your opinion? in my opinion itā€™s more cynicalā€¦in the dispute of two players of the alliance, sometimes the ā€œadminā€ of the alliance must have some tool to stop the dispute

You already have a tool: itā€™s your ability to communicate. If you canā€™t use that to manage the dispute, then either youā€™re doing a bad job or you have unreasonable alliance members. Neither or those problems would be solved by granting you the ability to silence your members, but a whole lot of other potential problems would immediately be created.

3 Likes

You guys took this to a whole different level. I read ā€œyou canā€™t silence them cause they are speaking their mindā€, ā€œif someone needs to be silenced I would leave the alliance at onceā€, ā€œyou canā€™t maintain the atmosphereā€ā€¦ The guy is being criticized for his ā€œleader abilitiesā€, Iā€™m sure somebody wants to call Human Rights Watch.

Wait. The explanation was pretty clear: two members were fighting, one went too far and their leader is suggesting a tool for chat banning instead of kicking them outā€¦ It is not offensive, it is not repulsive, it is actually a nice idea. If I write here some insults I get banned, why not in game??? It is common in most games.
In my alliance we are not friends, we are just partners. If someone crosses the respect line I would be pleased to see him/she 1 hour banned from chat.