šŸ“Æ Baldur ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I have Baldur maxed and use him on my main mono red war team and when I raid with my mono red team. I think heā€™s very underrated. Heā€™s won a bunch of battles for me because of his special. Baldur hitting after every turn is what saved me all those times it was a close battle. Iā€™ve been considering putting emblems on him because I use him often and i donā€™t have many 5* rangers.

1 Like

Who are the others in Your main red mono?

Zimkitha, GM, Marjana and Tyr

1 Like

Thanks for the videos. I have 12 rings. I was for a 2nd or 3rd Gefjon, or 2nd Gefjon and 1st Marjana, or a 2nd Gefjon and a 2nd Lady Loki. But for sure 1 pair of ring will go to Baldur. Awesome!

Been successful tank in this tournament (rush attack, no blue). I paired him next to Sif with the thought that if Sif goes off, heā€™s going to a real pain to kill. Defense ranked ā€˜Aā€™ so far.

1 Like

I beg to differ. He has just about the highest attack value of any red. That combined with his DOT (which you can basically keep going over the whole 90 seconds) will add up to quite a significant chunk - for me I have found I get an extra 10 or 20K each hit from replacing Gefjon with him on 14* titans. His ongoing special barely loses any time, which you can anyway use to have a quick think. With Wilbur, Shadereave, Guardian Falcon and Ranvir in play he will do about 1500 damage each turn (so averages out to 1000 when looking at the misses).

This last titan I had 7 hits (levelled up) and averaged 66k each hit

1 Like

Very useless heroā€¦ 9 stones are needed + 23 mana units, only after he hits random target 240+, this is very bad, after 9 stones every turn to live under a strong team is fantastic, to get the maximum from its usefulness, you need to make a lot of moves, this is not possible under a strong team

1 Like

I also started using him on titans just because of attack stat. But you loose time due to special. In any case, it is incredible on map stages. I use finley baldur heimdall norns and mushasi on autoplay on s4 hard stages now.

1 Like

A bit yes, but overall I am getting significantly better scores

Yes absolutely - and I LOVE heroes that reduce my need to waste time on boring PVE stuff

1 Like

Or 17 plus emblems

No

Have a look at my videos above. Happy to post some more. You just need to figure out what kind of team he would fit well in. I find that he works super well with Wilbur (say it with me - Wilbur and Baldur, Baldur and Wilbur - the names alone tell you they were destined to be bosom buddies).

3 Likes

I donā€™t play with one color, and take any other red 9 stones, itā€™s almost a winning fight ā€¦ Iā€™ll take the same Scarlet to my team ā€¦ what I want to say is this baldur hero, useless, very little useful with 9 stones, ps this is my opinion and no one will convince him (while he is in this form)

Ok here, take 2 colors

Admittedly not the best matchup as Jade is in the mix

This one is much better:

Nope - even with the strongest heroes these days against if it takes you a little while to get those 9 tiles then its definitely not a guaranteed win

Comparing Scarlet to Baldur? Thatā€™s prettyā€¦ wow. She will have far less impact on the game than Baldur. In fact she will be a complete liability as she will shatter into a thousand pieces before she uses her special - and even if she does manage to get it off it will hardly have an impact.

Baldur will:

• Strengthen red stack significantly
  • Self heal a monster amount
  • Whittle down enemies even when tiles run dry - paried with Baldur and any other buffers/debuffers the damage/DOT gets pretty significant and if manage well it WON"T STOP. You can create a multi color survival team around him and have a good chance of winning against most opponents (i.e. those with no or few healing heroes)
  • Prevent mana cuts - significant when playing vs Bera and Freya tanks. That is why I have him set up as my dedicated anti-Freya team
  • Have a strong chance to win in a ā€œlast man standingā€ scenario

By the way I am not trying to educate you on Baldur, I recognise this is a lost cause. I am giving an informed opinion to anyone else who may be reading this.

3 Likes

I also donā€™t like mono. Subpar heroes that have a decent performance after help from multiple allies can benefit if those allies are of the same color and slower.
But then you end up with a stronger dependency on tile rngā€¦

My primary issue with Baldur is emblems. With Seshat and Evelyn prioritized, when a hero is in line for emblems, theyā€™re usually also delegated to wait for mats as well.

But Baldur doesnā€™t strike me as overly weak either.
A decent hero, not over powered. Like all heroes should be

2 Likes

I would go so far as to say he is a niche hero. In his niche very strong, otherwise if not used wisely he ends up being sub-par. Personally I would prefer that all heroes in the game had a niche

I ended up stripping Lianna of her emblems to get him to +19. He has far more impact than a sniper, even if she wasnā€™t dated

I am still trying to move away from mono - still tinkering with options. I have a super strong team that can beat top Frigg/Bera/Odin defences 14 times in a row, but it is unsable in wars as I need to split up heroes to maximise their effectiveness. It is truly hard to form 6 wel synergised effective teams of multiple colors for wars

1 Like

when a hero needs some kind of requirements - conventions (another hero, for example), itā€™s just a normal hero, no more, there are much more useful heroes in red for 9 stones

It is a hero who is brilliant under the right circumstances/with the right hero synergy. In those circumstances they are much better than most of the other heroes in the game.

Vs green titans - brilliant
In any form of PVE - brilliant
PVP Vs teams with Neith, Freya, Bera, Garnet, and no healers - brilliant

Personally Iā€™d take an interesting hero who is situationally brilliant than a more boring plug and play hero who is decent or good everywhere.

But I am curious which heroes in red you think are better than Baldur - you have already cited Scarlet. What is your full list of superior reds?

So here is another 3. That makes 5 wins in a row vs top defences with freya tanks, conisdered one of the top 5 tanks at the moment. With my team:

• noor - considered the worst hotm ever
  • 2 slow heroes
  • 3 4*s
  • tp 400 or 500 below the teams I am taking on
  • Wilbur a hero conisdered great for some things but often thought of as a double edged sword for pvp
  • baldur. Described by you as ā€œuselessā€

Something there doesnā€™t add up right?

2 Likes

I cant convince myself, that Baldur can be used at titans, the skill animation is really slow, once its activated, it slowing you every round. With titans time is everythning, so far i havent beat my best at green titans, when i changed Scarlett +18 for Baldur +11, imo that explains a lot.

What team do you run?

Willbur +20, Falcon +20, Gefjon +20, and now Baldur +11 (Scarlett +18 before)
With Miki+18