šŸ“Æ Baldur ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Different horses for different courses though. I donā€™t see him as a raiding hero but more a grinding out those S3 Hard or Ninja tower etc etc. Because heā€™s not going to work his best in a mono. Mines at 3-70 and Iā€™ve been playing through S3 hard with Gefjon, Sif, Baldur, Heimdall, Finley. Itā€™s generally pretty fun to get Baldur going and him never stopping. Itā€™s like being beaten to death with a spoon. Sure thereā€™s the flashier hard hitters like Gefjon but once you get Baldur going the special does exactly what it says. He just wails on them and never stops.

3 Likes

I agree. In addition, this was already probably mentioned somewhere in the above 300 posts but Baldur can be good against Lady of the Lake tanks in war. Iā€™ve definitely seen a few LotL tanks, especially in rush attack war.

:laughing:
:heart:

I had a mouth full water! DONā€™T DO THAT! Between choking and soaking my laptop, sheesh!

3 Likes

Ok, you are absolutely right about what you said, but it is not possible for me to have an addition to the normal energy of 1000 hp, because even with a team
3 * star blue single color, I would have lost the same. I think it is not possible to make a 5 * star with 900 power points stronger than a team with 2800 power points. Telluria after 3 months has been nerfed, there are heroes much stronger than her and instead they are not nerfed, it seems absurd.

Baldur needs a buff, if anything. Heā€™s incredibly ineffective against anyone using anything vaguely resembling a reasonable team.

And anything with a 3* isnā€™t reasonable against a maxed 5*.

1 Like

Got Baldur maxed for couple of weeks, agree that some slight buff would be nice, still its fun to use him at least.
Whats the most annoying part imo, is Baldurā€™s use for titans - once you use his special, its like trying to speeding up while you have handbrake on. It slowing your whole team in a incredibile way. For hero with solid attack stat, thats seriously wrong. That have to be fixed.

Iā€™ve noticed this too. His special costs time. The same happens to Stonecleave. The random attack causes a slight time-delay.

Clearly a supporter, and yes not a great one.
Even after the buff he is more likely to prolong the battle rather then anything else.

I really liked his skill at first because quite unique, but not much effective in any formation and thatā€™s a shame.

I put him in the same league as Tyr, with the last one more selfish and probably more suited for attack.

1 Like

Baldur needs to be matched with minion throwers, he effectively is a focused minion so if you have minions plus baldur it is a brutal attrition war

Why not fire? Maybe he does not reach more hp than 100 %

Hi guys
I got Badlur already and that moment I thought he is excellent because I attacked him on war twice and he destroy my team alone.
But when I read comments about him here they all said he is even the worst 5* ever so based on many wrong comments here I decided to ask about him from players who maxed him
Any tip will be great. Thanks

I donā€™t have him.
The basic poll has the plurality saying heā€™s about average with more people saying heā€™s a little above average rather than a little below. Only 6% of people said heā€™s completely broken for being under powered.

5% of people think Alrike is underpowered

Youā€™ll get a lot of extreme opinions either way.

3 Likes

I have him maxed, I love using him in raids and even on titans. I think people sleep on the fact that heā€™s hitting after every single turn as long as his health is boosted, heā€™s fantastic for picking off opponents in raids/war.

3 Likes

What do u think about using him on defence team?

Since he isnt direct dmg threat, he is suitable for wings if you have any mana generating heroes for flanks or center. He is very hard to beat there, and can eat specialsā€¦ But on wings, he is a bit slow with average speed

If not, he is welcome addition on flank as well, but then I would advise him to have some heroes with defense boost, so he can shoot for longer.

I have Ariel and Brinhyrd
I have Krampus and Hemidall on my defence team and want to add Santa to use bonus family with Krampus, I just am sure about these 3 hero and on Santa not 100 % and I am total confused about other 2 hero for my defence team

I have it with emblems up to 10. Good for s3 maps on mono or 4-1. Not good on defense or titans. It may work with krampus and heimdall but team is extremely slow for upper diamond.

1 Like

If you use Heimdall and Krampus on defense, other three heroes must be heavy into dmg, since those two are both support heroes.

Baldur isnt heavy into dmg , so I wouldnt advise him in this setup

1 Like

One of my alliance members uses Baldur for just about everything and he loves him. He is starting to grow on me now after the buff.

1 Like

I donā€™t have him, but I will say i have the most difficulty with him when he is paired with a hero who gives temporary HP above max like Heimdall to keep him above max and hit every turn all game long

2 Likes