šŸ“Æ Baldur ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

@zephyr1 @Guvnor

Baldurā€™s new card isnā€™t up. Isnā€™t he supposed to hit 150% to the target. Thatā€™s been instituted, right? Just like Khaganā€™s 360% to 3?

Yes. Lumi is still working thru the balance changes in his system.

1 Like

I have Baldur sitting at 3-70. I do have ascension materials but based on the past review he is sitting for trip into the tavern. I donā€™t see him in my defense team or likely in my anti-telly team. I have Mitsuko+18 &4-80, Zim+11, Anzogh4-80, Marijana+16,Khagan4-80, wilber +20, 3BTā€™s:+20,+18,4-80, Azlar3-70

Def team is Seshat+11,Drake+10,Telly+9,Vela+9,Marijanua+16
backbone of antiitelly in BT+20, Zim, Mits. then two that are opposite the flanks, often Mel+20,Eveylen+14

in war I try to go with a 3-2 attack but due to resources and opposition 2-2-1

so do I leave the brawler locked in jail hoping for something else that does better or throw him into the ring

1 Like

I bit the bullet and took him past 3.70, Iā€™ll report back :stuck_out_tongue:

I am hoping he might be a fun flank to a Frigg tank, something fun and different for people to face.

1 Like

I appreciate your effort to build a novel defense. Iā€™ll be sure to attack if I see it ā€” will report back on how it goes.

When you use Baldur on the map (and probably in any quests), I think you can target which enemy Baldur will hit when you activate him by selecting an enemy. It doesnā€™t work in raids though, all targets are random.

Update: nevermind, it was RNG playing tricks on me. The hits are random.

Same here ā€¦ if I can reset a hero and get the mats back, she would be first in lineā€¦

Testing my baldur at 1-1 in 8-7 I can not target an enemy, itā€™s just random who will be hitted

That is what his description tells.

Of course random hitting is described in his skill

I meant, the first hit (which was added by recent Baldur buffing). The hit when Baldur is activated.

Nevermind, I finally encountered a situation when Baldur didnā€™t hit the selected target. But he was hitting the selected target 6 times in a row before. So yes, his hits are all random.

Coming back to my question above.
Kindly asking for some experiences and advices?
Thank you. :pray:t2:

@zephyr1 Please update the original post, since Baldurā€™s special was buffed.

I believe @Guvnor is tracking updates for these.

im using baldur in a red stack of
Scarlett-willbur-boldtusk +19-baldur +6-gormek 3.60 and he is hitting very hard after the specials go on.

He is on my every defence team and i dont notice a big difference in trophies or war attacks of the enemies.
I think he is average for defence but a hero with quite the potential for offence. I look at his special as an endless DoT

I have a Baldur, I really like him. Heā€™s gotten me through a couple of tight spots literally as the only hero I had left.

1 Like

In the last war, Baldur was the last man standing in my defense team and survived 7 attacks.

1 Like

My only other 5*red is Azlar so Iā€™m very happy to have someone new. Love him so far and working on him atm (3-11) I will max and emblem him (no other good ranger except Gregorion) and use him in attack and defense.

With a healer and/or a minion summoner (like Freya or Telluria) heā€™s really sturdy and keeps attacking once special has gone off once

Hmmm, maybe itā€™s time to give Baldur some love since he was buffed.

2 Likes

I have both Anzogh (18 emblems) and Baldur (5 emblems) and Marjana on my Anti Telluria team. Baldur replaced Boldtusk and it was a definite upgrade. I think Anzogh is a bit better but they are very different and this may change as Baldur catches up on Emblems.

Baldurā€™s sniping is helpful at times but not a game changer. His attack stat helps with tile damage and he is a damage sponge. I think these are more relevant.

Anzogh has been effective on my defense team. I havenā€™t tried Baldur but his defense stat seems too low.

In a raid, Anzogh is better early, but Baldur is better late so they sort of complement each other.

2 Likes