šŸ“Æ Baldur ā€“ Season 3 Hero ā€“ 5* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Maybe one of his supporters could post a video of Baldur in action, to showcase how awesome he could be? I need a Red project and Iā€™m willing to be converted. :grin:

4 Likes

That was awsome, hope you see more of you.

Please show the videoproof of this case, for ex 3 raid on the Tella center team 4500

Is his health boost considered as healing in the Bloody Battle tournament?

Yes, same for Heimdall, Gullinbursti and Grevle
Edit: and costume Kashhrek

3 Likes

@ArthurE_P

Thread: Health Boosting in Bloody Battle

1 Like

I pulled him yesterday, I think he can be really nice in defense. Maybe with Guenenevere in tank, Lady of the Lake on right flank and him on left flank ? What do you think about this defensive configuration ?

Anybody experience with him?

Met him once on wing and he wasnā€™t a threat at all. I just took him out last. Took a while, but his damage wasnā€™t impressive.

Iā€™ve only used him a few times in raids at 3/70 and just couldnā€™t convince myself to use the rings on him. I like the idea of an unkillable punchy pipsqueak, but heā€™s both incredibly harmless and way less unkillable than Iā€™d like. Iā€™m curious how to help him without ruining his interesting and unique mechanic. Maybe broaden his mana protection (as others have suggested) and give him a small mana boost with each punch?

I use Baldur at 3/70 and will give him rings soon. In offense, on upper diamond arena, under Wilburā€™s defense down buff, he hits for around 200-250 damage each turn and is, essentially a bullet sponge which can survive several direct hits from a sniper after he activates his special. Mana cut protection is good against Lady of the Lake and other nasty heroes like Guin, Neith and Mitsuko.

I have stripped down emblems from my Mireweave (totally disappointed in her) and will give Baldur emblems so he can hit more.

3 Likes

Not sure Baldur will be any good for defense (to be fair, putting too much emphasis on the defense team isnā€™t even that smart, as we donā€™t get to do anything; our opponents are the ones having fun with it). However heā€™s A LOT of fun playing on offense. As long as his health is boosted he is practically immortal. Plus, while heā€™s boosted, all allies are protected from mana reduction. Definitely a fun hero to use.

1 Like

Instead of mana cut protection, how about having taunt as long as he has boosted health? And give him a certain amount of special Def along the way. It also fits into the brawler aspect of him taunting the enemies with his power

I tried with gullinbursti firing first to gain boosted health, he couldnā€™t even activate the mana protection on the ally. Because the way the card effect writes, AS LONG AS he has boosted health. But no, Baldur has to activate it firstā€¦lame :unamused:

Mana cut protection for all health boosted allies would be nice.

Sadly Baldur only does sth for himself. Maybe heā€™s to be paired with other selfish heroes.

I have a follow-up, based on some experience with Baldur on 4/72. After giving him rings, his damage didnā€™t increase that much, but his survivability has been increased significantly. Several times he saved the completely failed raids by facing 3 remaining enemies alone. Without defense down/attack up, he usually hits enemy heroes (+20 emblems) with about 90-110 damage, which is very helpful in the endgame when you can ghost all the tiles you donā€™t need to extend the battle until you get enough red tiles.

Basically, if you like Morgan Le Fey, you will like Baldur. The difference is - Baldur is not afraid of Monks, heals up first and hits later, and has a good attack-up and defense-down synergy with G. Falcon, Wilbur and red attack buffers like Boldtusk, Black Knight, Zimkitha etc.

I also use him in my War defense team on a wing in last 2 wars, and I saw several times that Baldur is the last man standing after an unsuccessful attack. I bet that it will be even better in Field Aid wars.

Unfortunately, all the emblems I stripped from Mireweave I gave to costumed Tiburtus, so I will need to collect another set to boost Baldurā€™s attack and defense. No need to boost his health though.

2 Likes

Which heroes that cut mana he block? Not Onatel, not neithā€¦ only Guinevre?

Guinevere, Neith, Chao, Mitsuko, Li Xiu, Gan Ju, Azar, Leonidas, Carver. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Iā€™m sure if itā€™s all mana heroes, weā€™d be a lot happier like Poseidon

Yeahhh, I have him at 3.70 and am underwhelmed :frowning:

Can you think of any Legendary that is worse than Baldur?