Balancing the Challenge Event rewards

@Rook, How can someone who started playing last month catch up to the people who are on top of the event leaderboards? I don’t begrudge them, but they have a clear advantage over everyone else. Since I’ve started playing this game I have never missed a day and I have paid some money for gems and certain packages, but that doesn’t mean I’ll be able to catch up to the top players. Their lead was already too great and keeps getting wider each time they win these events and keep heroes (some that they already have) that others could use on their everyday team.

1 Like

Those E&P legends who almost always claim the top positions definitely deserve all their fame and the good prizes. They have spent huge amounts of energy, time and money and I think nobody here wants to bereave them of what they deserve for this. This, however, doesn’t mean that it is a bad idea to let a wider range of players at least have a chance to also get an awesome prize.

The winners of the stages most probably already own the event heroes the top player of each tier gets. Most of the more casual players (F2P, C2P or modest spenders) might have some 4-star event heroes but rarely do they own the 5-stars. As for me, I would be delighted to have a shot at getting G. Jackal. If, let’s say, those who finish between place 100 and 1000 or 2000 or 5000 have a small extra chance to get one of the event heroes apart from trying to summon them, this would be a nice incentive to spend more energy and aim for one of the (reachable) good places.

As mentioned, the prize ranges were most probably designed for a far smaller player base. Now, it is hard to get into the high prize tiers without spending a lot of materials, probably a lot of energy flasks to redo levels lots of times and, most importantly, without having certain heroes like G. Panther for the legendary tier.

Oh, and what about giving away some Atlantis Coins as additional prize? Starting from 1 Atlantis coin at the lowest prize tier of each difficulty level up to 100 or so for the winner.

5 Likes

Well, nothing against E&P legends, but the challenges should be reworked so that they can really show their power only in one category (legendary). If they dominate across all three categories, it’s understandable that the other people feel that challenges are “crap” made only in order to satisfy selected few.

That said, I don’t see a simple solution. If the participation in certain category is limited e. g. by player level or number of cups, it can be easily decieved.

Another thing: the completion rewards should (still) be better. Especially the completion reward for rare category is utter crap now, not motivating at all. It’s better for epic and legendary, but considering the difficulty, I would still add to the mix one more unfarmable ascension material or perhaps a golden hero coin. And a free avatar, like we had recently in Morlovia for completing certain tiers.

1 Like

@TomSnow @Tom @AnayaL @Razor @ochartier @JoDie75, Don’t forget to vote for this topic if you believe it is something that needs to be done. Share your thoughts so the developers can HEAR and understand how we all feel. There is no guarantee that they will fix it, but if we don’t say anything at all, then it will never get addressed. Tag whoever you think would be interested in this topic.

1 Like

Off topic, but I’ll answer succinctly:

• attackers have many advantages in raids
  • you don’t know what heroes were used on attack. Many people post weak defenses intentionally to make it easier to fill their hero chest.

@King_Kyree77 catch up on what time frame? E&P is a long-term game, sometimes called Endurance & Patience. It should only take three or four months to be competitive in Rare, six or more months for epic, more than that for legendary. Part of the challenge newer players face is access to limited release heroes. For example, Squire Wabbit from the spring event is gives a little edge at the rare level, and Lancelot can add a lot in the more senior levels.

2 Likes

It took them a long time to be the best at this game and it should take everyone the same amount of time to complete with them. There comes a point where their heroes can’t get better (level 80), they can only add heroes to their roster to use, but they still can only play with 5 heroes at a time. They aren’t the best because they have the most heroes in their roster. If I had every available hero and maxed, I still wouldn’t get into the top 100. They are better than me but I’m learning. If someone could just jump in and complete with them in a couple months, they would stop playing. I would stop playing.

6 Likes

Personally I’d be happy if they simply widened the rank range on the rewards tiers commesurate to the amount of growth in competing players.

4 Likes

Please define competitive. :smile:

I am playing now for about 8 month as ftp and will hopefully finish legendary today ( with 4* team ) and I sooo dont feel competitive in any categorie. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand, that point. Those players are very good players and not all could do that with all heroes.

But same time there lot of players, which probably could manage to climb top10, if they have right heroes. Players, who have played long time and even put money in this game.

My personal best is rank 132 in legendary(1,5 years of playing). I know, that I probably could fight in top100, but problem is I don’t have all those cool heroes or so many items or max out troops. So that P2W aspect is really showing in events. :slight_smile:

1 Like

However, they have heroes that players who started in 2018, who are F2P or only modest spenders will most probably never have and if they would they would hardly get them maxed.

Next, many of them have very high troop levels, often almost maxed more than one 3- and 4-star troop of each colour. I’ve been very active player for about one year now and my 4-star troops are mostly between 13 and 15 (with the exception of yellow where it’s only 8). As long as troop training isn’t availabe, those who aren’t able or willing to spend tons of money, won’t get their 4-star troops anywhere near 30.

Moreover, it most probably also needs ridiculous amounts of battle items and world energy as you have to redo the levels many times to get the maximum that is possible for each stage.

And even if you do so, only one player out of many hundreds or even thousands who fight hard for the top ranks gets the event hero and only a few get the really good stuff. F2P, C2P and modest spenders will most probably never be able to reach for the Top 10, especially if they didn’t start in early or mid-2017.

1 Like

Yes, the rewards are very strange. I do not know anyone in my guild playing for the ranking though I asked them.

Why does a game present such great events and so much fun to play for rankings, but then tell players to not play it?

If the rewards are too little, but the game does not want to give ascension items or tokens, then why not give something else? Those avatars are too meaningless. How about some awards (e.g. some bronze medal for Top10000) shown in the alliance view? Players would go for it. Everybody should spend their resources in an event, instead of not playing it.

I have no idea how/why I was tagged on this

There are four critical things you need to be competitive in events:

1. A well-chosen set of heroes
  2. A well-chosen set of battle items, in ample quantities
  3. Skill and quick reflexes
  4. Patience/world energy

My ally (and frequent event winner) @Wharflord has produced an excellent video of how he won Rare in the prior event, showing all his winning runs as well as his “blooper” reel at the end. Well worth watching — subscribe to his YouTube channel while you’re there!

6 Likes

I saw one player attack with purple team had 4* troops at 30-30-25-23-1. Then later attack with red team had 4* troops at 30-30-23-17-1.

So by competitive you mean able to compete for top 100 ?

If the answer is yes I would say you are either very optimistic with your time windows or you are wrong because I believe an ftp will never be competitive because he does not have the flasks necessary to get all the good boards.

If on the other hand competitive would mean able to get the completion rewards you would be about right.

2 Likes

as per your topic…

Are there any of the top players out there who play the events for the rewards? Surely at their point in the game, it would just be bragging rights :wink:. A couple of warm capes and a 4* star hero would surely mean nothing.

You don’t need to spend to get through the events. It will take longer than some but it is entirely possible.

The completion rewards are good enough for me. I don’t try to place, I just try to finish and get the mats. You can never have enough of those…

1 Like

Being f2p i dont have a 4* holy or dark so i cant get at least epic completed… Rare is crap

2 Likes

I agree rare is crap. I was going to start leveling some 3* just to be able to do rare but realized it isn’t worth it. Although I will still level some of the cool 3* I have.

Holy is a tough group. I have enough depth for wars but it took a while to get them all.

Depending on your other 4* you could possibly complete epic and maybe even legendary with the right heros.

For example this event you didn’t want to use yellow because of reflect. Some may but I left mine home.

2 Likes