Bai Yeong – 5* Holy/ Yellow - September 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

Since the challenge coins aren’t falling for me, I bought the 1.09 € deal to get a last pull for White Rabbit/Alice/Jabberwock - my jaw dropped when I got Bai Yeong on the bonus draw. And here I was about to start leveling a second Gullinbursti (2nd Joon at 4/78) for lack of yellows…

1 Like

I got the last 4 Hotms holy without spending my cut on:
Neith (My first 5* with a eht from level-up)
Malosi (in Valhalla Portal with earned Valhalla coins)
Ranvir (Atlantis May 2020 with earned Atlantis coins)
Bai Yeong (with earned event coins from event)
I only had the mats so far for neith. Next is malosi, then bai and at the end Ranvir the blind horse…

1 Like

Just got him from 10 pull… was aiming at Jabber actually (Did not got him, but got Cap.Diamonds… :sob:)

Right now I did not have enough dart to max him, plus I’m still working on Gullin pig. So he will stay at 1-1 for a while. Hopefully when he is ready someday, SG already buff him or the meta changes to minion ailments mayhem… with his current state, he is not a game changer. But I’m still happy because I rarely got any HotM (Why oh why they have to make the odds so low :sob::sob::sob:)

Maybe not a game changer, but a solid hero, I think. She does require some finesse, though — you want to fire right before a special goes off or a healing…

1 Like

i saw the upcoming heroes Thor is almost have same statistic with this panda, just dun understand this one a bit underestimated?

1 Like

I actually like him. A nice, fun and useful hero. Doesn’t always have to be Finley category to add to the game.

2 Likes

I just tried the team he’d go on in war, to replace Chao+18. Chao mana cut was so useful. 75% chance of this and that is a hard sell when I could ascend another Joon. I don’t need any more heroes like Leonidas who do only cleaning, got plenty already if that’s the way BaiYeong pans out.

Always a question of what you have and what not. I’d kill for a Joon. In the meantime Bai is just fine

2 Likes

My baby account pulled him during last event. I have darts, was waiting last orb (that also came from event, how nice). Those darts and orbs belong to Joon, no question there. BY might be shiny new hotm, but I feel there is too much going on to think when using him. Joon is effective and simple. Shoot and your enemy is dead or nearly dead and blind. That is good for me. If I need to stop someone, I have also Malosi maxed there.

At the moment he is first in line for next set, sorry Justice twins, it’s not going to be your turn. But BY will be passed if something more exiting shows up. Before I touch BY, I want to finish Joon and Gullinbursti, Gretel and possible second Jackal all 3/70 so that means I need 12 more orbs before I even look at him.

I pulled Bai few days ago. Funny thing I never get HOTM I chase but when I’m not interested I get a bonus draw. I was saving my darts for Joon but I already have few very good snipers and don’t know what to do. Would you guys still go for Joon or would you try something new like Bai?

My maxed 5* heroes:
Mitsuko +10, Tyr, Fenrir +8, Richard +2, Leonidas, Vivica +6, Sartana +5.

My maxed 4* heroes:
Wilbur +19, Boldtusk +9, Gormek +9, Kelile, Buddy +19, Caedmon +19, Peters +17, Hansel, Melendor, Sonya +19, Grimm +11, Valeria +7, Agwe, Kiril, G. Jackal +19, Chao +10, Wu Kong, Gullinbursti, Li Xiu, Rigard +14, Proteus +11, Merlin, Sabina.

My other 5* heroes:
Azlar 3.70 (no rings), JF 3.20, Alberich 4.77, Lady of the Lake 1.1, Atomos 1.1, Isarnia 3.8, Richard 1.1, Joon 3.2, Bai Yeong 1.1, G. Owl 1.1, Quintus 3.70.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Joon…and why is LotL still sitting a 1-1​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’ve got her recently. She’s next after Alby :slight_smile:
Thanks for your suggestion

Exactly. I looked at my leveled holy heroes and thought yeah…he will be a fun addition. Not a game changer but a fun addition.

This panda is terrible. I unfortunately wasted some darts on this guy and he is garbage. His damage is really small to one enemy and then you have to cross your fingers his blind works (it doesn’t 50% of the time even though 25% is advertised). So, you slap the enemy and then hope they miss you. That’s such a bad way to play the game. Joon is much better. MUCH better. I also don’t know if it’s just weird luck or not, but “hit three” heros like Drake and Gravemaker either land all three hits or miss all three hits it appears. No partial hits. I would have though each hit would be considered separately but it doesn’t appear to be. This guy really needs a cleanse or dispel (or something) added because an emblemed Caedmon hits harder and is more useful than the panda at this point and he doesn’t consume expensive mats!

Edit: Zocc is labeled terrible, but Zocc is so much better. The panda hits weakly (like Zocc), but Zocc blocks the enemies ENTIRE special. The panda basically gives a 75% chance to block a special and only blocks 75% of healing for one hero! Zocc blocks the entire healing special for all heroes! Zocc >>>>> Bai Yeong. Do not ascend this guy. I had 24 darts and regret it.

1 Like

The two turns is also just dumb for a 2020 HOTM. Half the time you hold his special for a turn because the hero you are going to hit is only half charged, but then a “random” cascade of tiles fill up the mana bar and now you’re boned because the two turn duration is too little. But if you do hit the hero (Afrike tank, I’m looking at you) she fires and hits ALL FIVE OF YOUR HEROES WITH HER CUBES and it’s over. Seriously, Afrike fired on me with Bai’s 75% blind, distributed her cubes to EQUALLY to all FIVE members of my team, and didn’t miss a single one. Someone tell me the odds of that happening. This panda frustrates more than anything. He’s crap.

2 Likes

Recorded this cause Bai was on the opponents defense. Was the first time I saw one in the game.

The board was so damn good that I had problems to not kill the entire enemies without any cast.

1 Like

Love those video where after turn 1 everything is decided due to lucky board :wink:
What´s the information here other than there was a Bai Yejong?

1 Like

There’s no real information. Just a small clip where you can see the special animation, the average damage of a well talented Bai and the ailments.

1 Like

I started playing around with my partially leveled Bai Yeong, and am way more positive than what seems to be the general tone.

A few thoughts:

1. is he “must have” or “game changer” - no.
    2)He’d be much better with 1 more turn or at very fast, but gotta play with what we’ve got
  2. does he add value to an attack team when used well - of course!

For example - he’s great against Finley - most of my raid attack teams usually have either spirit link, or some sort of other buff, so Finley always requires either a changing my team, or a hope and a prayer. Not so with BY - odds are high that he’ll miss the first hit, and then it your odds improve exponentially after that… so it’s a 1/16 chance that he’ll hit 2 or more of your heroes. And, since finley usually on the wing, easier to time

Another example - i also have malosi and Joon in my yellow stacks. When fighting GTV teams, I was always stuck with being forced to choose between minimizing the impact between the 3 of them. But, I find that Malosi on GM and BY on Vela (or vice versa) handles things well.

Last point - of course he doesn’t help against enemies like BK - but neither do many other heroes. But if the focus is on places where you can improve your teams against common raid def (and, btw - help out with titans), then I’m sold!

10 Likes

Has anyone tried using Bai Yeong against Finley wings and flanks?

Given that his applied miss chance is so high, I would think that Bai would be a prime Finley counter for anyone who doesn’t have Mitsuko (or for a later attack team once she’s had her turn).

Just wondering if anyones had any success with him – I’d imagine he’d be better than Malosi and Grazul too, since even though they block his defense down, they don’t help with taking the damage much. Then again it does depend if Bai charges in time (totally doable at fast speed but it is always an “it depends” situation)

4 Likes