Bad boards

I’m not certain there’s much to discuss here. Seems more like a vent, which is okay - we all need it sometimes.

@zephyr1 @Rook @Kerridoc @Garanwyn @Coppersky

1 Like

yeah, they sure do. this message board, for example, has turned into an incessant whine-fest.

1 Like

Guess it’s up to you but I’m really interested in seeing how many other folks out there are having the same issue

I am just curious to see how many other Alliance out there are having the same run of bad luck. I know bad boards are a thing but I have never seen the go ice cold for this long before

We all get bad boards from time to time.

To me this thread feels more like a “It’s raining in Baltimore. Anyone else dealing with rain?”

I mean, yeah, it rained here in Durham on Tuesday, but today is pretty nice. Not to say it won’t rain he again, though. Heck, it’s snowing in Boulder. Any other alliances noticing snow?

3 Likes

My luck tends to go in cycles. I get really great things, then it tapers off, then it sucks, then back to great. Sometimes these cycles can go months, but I know they don’t last, from personal experience.

My only bad luck streak that has never (yet) been broken is no HOTM in the last 2.5 years. Not one.

shakes fist at RNG! :wink:

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

2.5 years and zero HOTM? And you’re a moderator?

That… is an outrage.

I’m almost tempted to give you my Miki out of pity.

No wait… actually I need him, he’s my titan ace. stuffing Miki back into my roster
Would you settle for a Colen as a consolation prize?

2 Likes

:rofl:

It just makes me laugh whenever I’ve heard those theories that mods get free 5* :grin:

Keep your Miki, I want Kingston. :wink:

1 Like

I saw latley I have bad boards on colour stuck and Titan as well. I think the game is not fair because how is possible to beat a full max 5* team with max 4* team thats crazy because a 5* team should be away stronger than 4* and have no problems to won against 4*. Is absolutely insane to loose a fight with 5* against 4* team because of bad bord. The game starts to be non sense and getting bored of situations and I start to eat some very good hero’s with Miki and I think soon enough I’m going to eat all my hero’s with Flacher and then just quit. Here is a proof of those hero’s what I eat them already

. I decided to go further and not participate in any war from now on as well. I forgot to mention all those hero what I eat them already use to be full Max

It’s not a theory! It’s a fact! And we all know it. :wink:

(I’m actually kidding, but seriously, even if you weren’t a mod, it sucks that you haven’t gotten any HOTMs in that much playtime… you have my sympathies)

1 Like

While I understand where you’re coming from… I only have maxed 4* heroes and I have beat maxed 5* teams… but it’s extremely rare for me to beat them with 1 flag. Usually it takes me at least 2 or 3 war flags to take down 5* teams. Yes, they’re supposed to be stronger, but they shouldn’t be impossible to beat. Otherwise my alliance would never win any wars because we don’t have any full 5* teams.

Trust me, speaking as a 4* player, the 5* teams are much harder to beat… the best 5* heroes can nearly one-shot an entire team of my maxed and emblemed 4* heroes. As frustrating as it is to lose to a lower team due to a bad board, I pretty much need a perfect board to take down a team of maxed 5s.

Though I have noticed a “trend” of sorts that may just be my imagination… it seems that I get better boards when I attack higher levels, and horrible boards when I attack lower levels… that may be the game’s way of scaling, or it could just be totally random. But it happens often enough to make me superstitious about it, so I usually only attack teams stronger than my own.

I think it’s interesting that maxed 4* can bring down partially leveled 5*…The game didn’t have to be this balanced. I like it. :wink:

4 Likes

Not just partially leveled 5*. I once took out a player who was around 4400 TP (I’m only around 3600). It wasn’t skill or anything like that, I just had a really amazing board. Activated Wu Kong then got a huge tile combo after. Wiped out the tank and flanks and left the corners nearly dead, easy mop up. It was especially satisfying because it was a revenge raid on someone who had clearly been cup dropping when he originally attacked me. :grin:

2 Likes

Colorstacking, good boards and I kill the 4,2k teams with my 3,5-3,6. Why not? Why shouldn’t I be rewarded for good game play?

The other side are the boards of hell then…where you have one or 2 tiles of your color and the replacement tiles are as bad as the beginning…

2 Likes

Yup, yup. 4* heroes for the win. :grin:

bad boards, bad boards
whatcha gonna do?
whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Swear, gnash my teeth and sometimes unfortunately I have kicked the table. Which just made me feel worse. So don’t do that.

Sorry guys I just get that darned song in my head every time I see the thread title and someone else should suffer with me.

It really sucks when it’s in war, but everything else can be replayed. And sometimes in war the boards are amazing, or you make them amazing… yay :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t mind bad boards in wars as much as I do in raids. In a war, you get a bad board, you do as much damage as you can, then flee before you lose what little progress you made. Okay, so I only got 15 points on that one. Not my best performance. But… hey, we still have flags left! And I took a small chunk out of the tank. That’s something.

Versus a raid, where you can kill 4/5 of the enemy heroes and get the last one down to the red, maybe you even kill the last hero, and you still lose because you died from DOT or reflected damage or something (and if you both die together, it usually means you lose). :confounded:

I had a very awful board earlier. I was using 3 purple and 2 blue.
I needed to fill my chest and decided “what the heck… if I can at least get one kill, then fine”.
So I continued, I started and did a few moves and cleared out some bad colours, and then I got very lucky and it turned into a combo which was big combos of purple’s and blues, I ended up killing 3 heroes just from moving 2 tiles. Then it was a walk in the park, as the remaining two were Melendor and Sabina in the corners.

I’m the opposite. When I have bad boards in a raid no one sees it. There’s a lot more (internal) pressure knowing everyone on both sides is watching! Every time I say “the boards sucked” I feel like I’m using an excuse, even though I don’t blame my team mates when they have bad boards.

Wars are a lot of pressure, both for the strategy, time-crunch and the RNG. I can understand why some players opt out occasionally or forever. For me it’s a roller-coaster ride … exilerating and frightening at the same time.

3 Likes

My girlfriend is the same way with wars. She gets nervous, especially if anyone on the other team is online. She thinks they’re watching her.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren’t. Personally I don’t care if they’re watching me or not. My girlfriend sees live people watching a fight. I just see green and red dots next to names. Meh. Go ahead and watch if you want.

Raids, on the other hand, if I lose one revenge… no big deal. If I lose three revenges in a row… ouch. Then I know that other player is going to log on, see it and say

Nelson_Ha-Ha

3 Likes