[SOLVED] Back to old tricks? Change to Mercing and Dev Response

I’m iOS. I don’t have an android device to test, but if someone does (and their alliance is willing to allow them to miss war), they can duplicate my test…

that would be lovely if that glitch was gone!

Like I see it. SG are F1 governing body and ban all drivers who did not gain their race licence in France. That’s the ridiculous state of interference being pushed on us. Meaningless micro management.

I don’t merc anymore…was one of the few mercs when I did it to actually admit I did it just for loot, so with the loot nerf even if I could do it, I wouldn’t…that being said, this action by SG is just shady as hell. I completely agree with those people saying this is a “testing the waters” kind of move. It is not a big. They tested it, are getting their asses ripped for it and will issue some lame apology Monday. Didn’t really trust the devs much to begin with and situations like this certainly won’t help build that trust back up anytime soon.

1 Like

that’s a horrible answer! You guys tried to implement this once before and your community quickly and decisively spoke out against this. In that situation you rolled back this nonsense the very next day, but this time it might happen some time next week???

Are we truly to believe this code just magically ended up in an update without you guys knowing it? I’m no programmer, but I’d have to assume that would require quite a level of incompetence.

Based on other conversation about taking things away from mercs, I highly suspect this was entirely intentional as a test the waters kind if situation to see what kind of response it got.

I don’t even merc anymore and this angers me!

3 Likes

For those that weren’t here for round one of this…

So, when the devs don’t answer, they get ripped for not answering (like pulling odds for event heroes - they should reveal the odds). When they do apologize and answer, they get ripped for answering.

Honestly, it’s becoming harder and harder to please some people here, and coming to the forums is becoming a daily series of filtering through things.

2 Likes

A cheap excuse don’t works everytime.
Try again.

2 Likes

I think you miss the point. It’s not whether or not IF they answer but when an answer IS given to be honest about it. Not to act like they don’t know how it happened. Coding is a very specific thing. Don’t attribute to malice what can be done as sheer stupidity. You can accidentally put a wrong character into a line of code but placing a whole set of very specific code is extremely unlikely. Could it happen? Sure. However. The whole topic that this type of code is yet again being looked at for implementing is what folks are upset for.

A wrong letter could’ve turned the thing on again. Maybe they can’t remove the feature because they can ruin something else. There were a few bugs recently, they had to restore to an older version and change something, and then forgot to turn it off again. We can only speculate.

They gave us an answer and said they’re working on it. This is blowing up my emails :') Can we just chill and see what happens next week please ? I don’t want it to go through and would hate to see it considered, I was taken by surprise seeing the screenshot in Line but apparently it isn’t even spread to everyone (Rook tested that)… Relax, a little ? Please

2 Likes

You know from past posts on here regarding merc issues that people have very strong opinions on this matter and that posting this to forums would just reignite all those bad feelings people have towards the devs over merc issues…I don’t think a simple “calm down everyone” at this point will do it…lol. Besides, this is a million times better to read then the 4,329,243 thread regarding poor war match ups

Sigh… Fair enough. How do I turn it off from emailing me ? I’ve been hearing that ding all day and it’s driving me insane :')

Although I do apologize because I think I jumped the gun a bit and was pretty upset seeing it. I do think it was probably an honest mistake (hope) as it doesn’t actually apply to everyone.

You can change the message tracking option towards the bottom of the page.

1 Like

Click on the box where it’s written “Tracking”, then click on Normal.

That is what I have it set at already :confused: Thanks

1 Like

Thank you (20 characters)

1 Like

I recognize that it’s a knee-jerk response to mouth outrage over this (and if it continues to be policy, I’ll join you), however I tested this error message FIVE HOURS AGO and IT WAS FIXED.

Fixed as in, there was no error message! I merc’d three separate titans in three separate alliances back to back and NO error message.

Please be patient for the resolution, and if someone sends you a Merc error pic time-stamped earlier than 4:30 pm Friday CST (roughly when I did my test), be aware that pic may be out of date, null and void.

All the pics I have seen today were timestamped before my test.

3 Likes

problem is, most people here haven’t faced the problem, haven’t suffered the problem and haven’t had a friend having the problem. They just want to complain.

That’s why I keep repeating myself
repeating myself
repeating myself
repeating myself… :grin:

(Those who haven’t seen it, please scroll back and read my very last post. Thank you.)

1 Like