AW _ Win By Default

Furthermore, any game that is cash transaction based should never depend on players for tuning purposes. It gives players a massive incentive to withhold vital information.

Thats great! Something concrete!

Strong player in a dead alliance.
Titan score matching failed.
Hero power matching failed.

Maybe and hopefully they will figure something out that takes this outlier into consideration.

Feel free to send me your info and I’ll gladly sponsor you with a buck!

And I agree, it should only be tested by players, but which is why it isnt. But players help provide feedback.

2 Likes

I was just playing about sponsorship.

1 Like

**what about using their time giving us the promised 2 nd map instead of trying to force us to play this game the ay they think we should? **

1 Like

You’re in luck! Season 2 is currently being worked on :slight_smile:

As well as a new event.

Oh, Alliance War matchup improvements are being worked on as well.

Step 1: Divide alliances into groups by number of players at level 12 and above.

Step 2: Total the team power of top five heroes of each player in the alliances. These are the most likely defense teams that will be used.

Step 3: Match the teams within those groups.

Yes depth of a players heroes will be a factor in the war but many level 12 players have no depth. However, most higher level players have about the same depth as another with the same defensive team power.

1 Like

The devs are only do some stitches here and there, they are lost in this poorly implemented feature. They want us to make a bigger bench, to spend more and that’s all, and they want it fast. They didn’t care about the quality of the product they delivered. So we are supposed to help them? . I buy vip pass, gems that’s my help, your job is to give me something in exchange. I am not paying to be a beta tester and finding bugs.

3 Likes

I see both sides of this.

On one side our participation does help. It helps SG see margin of defeat, number of participants, etc. And SG could have tested something earlier that seemed like it might work, only to see how many play unethically like when players were able to remove their defense teams in the middle of war to prevent opponent from scoring…the list goes on and on. And while you can’t fully predict or totally eliminate “cheating”, it has made finding a solution more complex.

I also understand why players and alliances are protesting and refusing to fight in wars. The message is clear - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Time is out, we (E & P community) are tired of spending time, in some cases money, developing heroes in order to be competitive only to be matched in wars that are completely one-sided AND where loot doesn’t come close to being an incentive (Mystic Vision (30 secs of time) offers better loot than AW).

Back to matchmaking - after latest release when issues were being reported and the method used had actually made it worse for many alliances, examples were given so SG to check if matchmaking worked as intended. Do you think we got an answer for the specific examples and loads of data we provided - no. They didn’t cone back and answer that the examples given worked as expected or not…only answer was it’s better on average…this only adds to frustration.

If SG wants AW to be successful, they need to suspend wars and test, then implement, maybe on groups of alliances that accept the role of “beta” testing. Include alliances of varying levels and strength, not just top alliances. Once those pass and bugs are worked out, begin rolling out to entire community again.

2 Likes

This is exactly right.

People are quitting the game. Alliances are frustrated and there seems to be no stop to the bleeding. SG is going to have to provide some incentives to participate. I agree that participation needs to happen, but players and alliances have had enough. SG will have to acknowledge that.

1 Like

NO they are not.

The devs clearly have flagged these victories different than normal ones, so they’ll easily sift them out of the dataset.

1 Like

We just had our closest victory in weeks. It actually was worth viewing the last minutes to see if there were no nasty last minute surprises.

The dataset will tell the devs all they need to know on the balancing side. Including how many alliances decided not to bother participating in the war.

1 Like

What do you base your adamant “NO” on?

I base my “YES” on the things SGG have posted regarding their efforts to adapt and tune the algorithm.

1 Like

It does not boil down to that. I’m a paying customer who, and many with me, think it sucks. It they want me to test it, they should make it worth my while - this is just crap and not really worth my tim…BUT i play because my alliance does. So you see, i do participate - but if they keep this c r a p up I’ll probably quit.

3 Likes

And many dont agree with you, and they (we) are also paying customers that do enjoy AW alot. And we too want it to get better. As fast as possible.

And most of us dont mind lending a helping hand or providing feedback.

So, for me it still boils down to those two altetnatives.

I guess we just have different approaches as to how best we advance the game.

So you “want AW to get better”, but you don’t want to participate for 10 minutes over a 24-hour period to help make AW better? Hmmm…

I question whether you really want it to be better or just have something to complain about.

1 Like

Did you have a point, or did you just want to complain?

And btw I do play, which i have stated repeatedly, because i support my alliance, but the matching is STILL crap - for this round too. So you’re just picking a fight. And if you you want to be dumb like that, you’re on your own.

My point is that if you’re really interesting in making something better, and there’s something you can do in two 5-minute stints over the course of 24 hours, and instead you CHOOSE NOT TO, then I don’t think you really care if AW gets better matchmaking or not. Because it’s in your power to help with more data, but instead you choose to completely pull all your defense teams giving the devs fewer data points to help make things better.

That’s not helping to make anything better, it’s actively hurting things getting better out of some sort of protest.

So again, the forums are here for people to give their 2 cents, but by actively not participating, people are HURTING themselves in getting what they claim to want, which is better matchmaking.

That’s what I’m trying to point out.

NOT the point. The more wars fought with each revised system, the more data SG has to determine what is effective. Opting out hurts the process of optimizing the matchmaking system.

Exactly. There are soo many variables here - number of hereos, how each hero is rated, ratio of strong to weak players vs alliances that are all squished together in terms of power, etc. that the more data there is, the more likely they can bring fairer matchups.

Does anyone here honestly think they don’t care and aren’t trying their best to make it better? If that was the case they would have just left it how it was the first way and moved onto other things…

2 Likes