AW low level defensive team

In my current alliance war some of the enemy team have put one level one 1-3 star hero as their defensive team, defeating that “team” results in maybe 8-10 points and restricts how many points our alliance can earn over the war and as this is the first time I’ve seen this particular tactic our alliance have our regular defensive teams of our best heroes, we’re currently winning the war but the tides could drastically change as the enemy teams have all their powerful heroes to attack and potentially defeat our teams and earn substantially more points.
What are people’s opinions of this tactic for the AW and what are people’s suggestions to stop this happening in the future?

1 Like

The complete teams have the points missing from the weak teams. Some of those teams might be worth around 200 points. A normal team would be around 70-80 points.

1 Like

This is a losing tactic if you gang up on the other teams worth more poInts and use you’re lesser teams on they easy ones you’ll easily win.

2 Likes

This is a common misconception about AW. The total number of points available from the defending alliance is always the same. If some members use very weak defensive teams it doesn’t reduce the number of points you can win, it just adds points to their allies’ teams. Kill them, but don’t use your good heroes to do so. Enjoy the higher rewards from defeating theeir real teams.

3 Likes

What makes you telling so?
The fact that they put weak defence is an advantage for your team that can collect more points with bench heroes.

So it is quite the opposite.

2 Likes

All been said and proven wrong.
The ‘Fabian’ defence is a way to get thrashed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info about point balancing, I didn’t realise that it made the other full teams worth more and everyone who said it’s a losing tactic is correct, after us taking out their full teams we have a strong lead in the war of approximately 1200 points

3 Likes