AW - Enemy Aid - how are you changing your AW defense to adapt?

Yep - and while Alby can revive someone during the round that was killed before you started the round, they won’t stay alive after the round either - even if you fail to kill the revived one.

That was a hard sentence to write. I hope it makes sense. :slight_smile:

I’d say go ahead and use those 2* heroes. you might get lucky.

5 Likes

So one option could be to play a small team?

No - that comment was intended for offensive teams when you’ve run out of higher level heroes.

Defense should still be the strongest you can muster. Just maybe consider prioritizing hitters over healers since you’re getting a heal boost in this war.

1 Like

I’ve got the same thoughts.
Pull out the extra corner healer, bring in a tanky offensive hero, fast strikers, or Boril, etc.

1 Like

Hmm - Caedmon Vs. LJ (pulled out Melendor.) Not sure…

Enemy Aid seems like the weakest of the three war rules. Part of what made the arrows so game-changing was that they drastically weakened the attacker’s ability to ghost mana. The defense team healing itself every few turns doesn’t prevent the attacker from simply charging up all their snipers and picking off the defense one by one. In fact, that’s how I normally handle most healer tanks and healer-heavy teams in raids anyway.

As far as changes to my defense team, though, that will have to wait until I have other heroes I can actually swap in. My defense team has always been pretty terrible. :smile:

2 Likes

Agreed. I’d expect significantly higher scores than previous wars. It will just be a lot easier to kill teams in one shot.

1 Like

Wow, I never noticed that in wars I’ve been in before. Good to know.

OTOH, if I get hero A from 500 hp down to 100 hp, but A is healed back to 500 hp by the time my last heroes are killed, the healing sticks; I remember doing that once or twice!

1 Like

I have one answer for you.

IMG_20180623_033522
A durable hero flanked by two high defense heroes at the center, 2 different speed dispeller and an attack buffer is my choice this round.

With a 20% free heal I put another “offensive healer” (Boldtusk) instead of Scarlett.

I disagree with that strategy. With healing help, rather than arrows, your defense needs to be more attack-heavy, not less. You’ve got three healers in that line, and both attackers are blue. A green-heavy attacker will own you.

While 20% Heal isn’t big enough to replace ^all^ your healers, I’m thinking that one good all-team healer willl be right, with four good attackers.

6 Likes

I have been thinking about this (and I’m by no means done thinking :thinking:). My inclination is to still stick with some healers on defense. In my case I’ve got Kashhrek on tank duty, and Sabina on the outside, who importantly debuffs of course. Magni and Khagan are flanks, and Li Xiu is the other outside wing. The enemy aid will in effect act as a 3rd invisible healer (one that can’t be killed).

It is still true that the entire mission of the defense team is to simply not die. Like raids, there is a time limit on war battles, but unlike raids, there is no tie-breaker to escalate attack strength at the end until someone dies. It doesn’t matter if the attackers aren’t killed, as long as the defense team survives.

It probably depends on the specific heroes and how they work together, but in my case my feeling is to keep both Sabina and Kashhrek is still the best move. If I were to swap anyone, I would probably put Wu Kong in place of Li Xiu. Or perhaps… Sabina for Boldtusk (but then I wouldn’t have a debuffer left, and give the attacker the option to stack blues against my 2 reds - though Kashhrek might be pleased to see more blue opponents). It may take some experimentation over multiple wars.

The story for attack teams is quite different of course, they do not need the extra heavy duty healing to survive the arrows anymore, and they could use more offense to counter the enemy aid. So they would ideally shift in the offensive direction. I don’t know exactly what my attack teams will be yet this war, in part I’ll have a look when I can actually see the enemies, but honestly swapping a lot of healers would require me to put in weaker attackers in their place, so it may only happen incidentally. Until enough time passes to deepen the bench with even more leveled up heroes of course. :slight_smile:

But whatever the war rule is, arrows, or enemy aid, or enemy attack boost… fast strikers on attack will always be useful. Hard to have enough of those…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

1 Like

Side note: Every time I see the phrase “Enemy Aid”, I think of this:

4 Likes

By the way… is everyone’s war rule enemy aid this war? Has anyone gotten anything else? Is it always in sync, or…? I assumed it would be random for every war, not the same across the board for all alliances every war.

Always the same, for all teams.

2 Likes

I think this way: without arrows attacking teams will be more offensive than ever and I’ll need healers to increase further good attacker heroes, while with arrows Id take fast AoE attackers and single target snipers to kill healers, “attacking pillars” heroes.

The green tank and blues are to lure in and then deal with Boldtusk(s), the dispellers to make it useless and finally a double blue to burn trough green attackers and let Kiril(s) live longer:
We have a good number of tanking Kiril(s) in our defenses and we are not at the level where our foes have many 5* heroes to force their way on a 4* 3 healers team.

1 Like

Surely Spirit link synergises especially well with this ability. I’m opting for a spirit linker, a healer (Kiril is my best) and my quickest attackers.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I had no idea. Thanks for that info.

You want red attackers to counter green, not blue.

In any case, I can see your side of the argument: attacking teams will bring more offense, fewer healers, so defense needs to be healer-heavy. Maybe. Let’s compare notes after this war.

2 Likes