AW 30.10.2018 bugs

It’s happened again. One of our member wiped a team out but got a big fat zero. Please fix the bus asap. It’s just frustrating !

2 Likes

In the screen shot you provided, the zero is from Andy attacking Bastil. Bastil is shown at full health.

More details would help

Reporting a bug (linky, linky

Same happened in our war to a member.

This is absolutely unacceptable!

Below enemy Zorro was killed but indicates 0 and left it undamaged on the battlefield.

@Petri @Sara @mhalttu

Exact same for us, total ■■■■■■■■

1 Like

I understand logging a ticket for this, but is and has happened before. Time for logging little tickets is over.

This is supposed to work flawlessly especially after a weekend cancelled war due to issues … again.

In the past month … how many wars did take place without issues.

Who was used to attack … heroes?

I will see who our member used

1 Like

I had a similar experience. Used a flag and wipes out an enemy team. Once the battle was over it showed the circle processing over the battlefield and the app locked up. I couldn’t do anything except reset the app after ten minutes at which point, the enemy was still there with full health, my flag was gone and the heroes I fought with were marked as already used.
For what it’s worth, I didn’t even get a zero score, it looks like nothing ever happened with the exception that all of my flags are gone but the battle history only shows me fighting twice

1 Like

I think it’s time for the DEV’s to be straight with us players if we should continue playing this game or demand our money back. Because the gaming experience is just getting worse and there are more and more bugs for every update they make!

sounds like the game freezes when tries to save the results…

when you reset the game it considers you have exited before the match was over, thus considering a defeat by default for the one that forced exited the fight - just as in raids…

looks like a server-edge device communication issue - is it done by a game bug? only game devs and testers can find out…

nevertheless it’s unpleasant… and unfair

I agree it was surely a glitch. Unfortunately, it cost our team 161 points which is substantial!

Same thing just happened to me! The game froze when the battle was ALMOST over! When I finally got back in, I was credited with zero points, my attack team was spent and my opponent was still at full health.

Another issue - “phantom” attack in AW with 0 points. Our player “Ника” from “ОтверЖенные МиротвОрцы” did nothing, but get two attack points left, with war log entry of 0 score attack

My phone is frozen while I am attacking… it. frozen for 3 minutes
You can
Look at the time in pictures …

You should fix your game … we want to enjoying it

Help us please to have fun … … thanks

The below is speculation, but perhaps could help people understand what is happening with this issue.

I assume the 0 score issue is occurring because the wars are executed client side (in app) and only deliver final results to the server. When there is a problem delivering war results, the results are dropped and a 0 is credited to the battle. Problems delivering results could happen in numerous ways: Connectivity issues, Server side issues, client side (app) issues, device issues. Generally missed connection issues are handled in a number of ways:

1. Retry on failed transactions

I assume there are multiple retries that happen behind the scenes before the final ‘0’ result is achieved. This is what’s happening behind the scenes when the status is spinning. The fatal flaw in relying on retries is that no matter how many times you retry, if the issue that caused the failure has not been resolved then the retry will fail. You can’t just keep retrying indefinitely for game-play reasons. Both because it would stop to user from continuing to play and (more importantly) it would lock down the war opponent until resolution (which may never come).

1. Cache the results and retry at a later time.

Unfortunately, caching the results on the device for later processing is problematic for both security and game play reasons. Security because that packet could be maliciously modified to change results. Game play because what would you want the game to do while waiting for this? The opponent is in an unknown state from the server’s perspective. Do you let other people attack him or not? Basically there isn’t a good resolution here.

1. You could change the feature so that a failed connection results in a reset so that the attack could be made again. Unfortunately this would be far too easy to game. Losing a war battle? Shut off your wifi. You’d get a second chance. So that’s out.

SG could (and I hope they are) look into each incident and determine if the cause of the missed connection can be addressed. If there are app bugs that cause a missed connection in certain cases, fixing those would make these issues less frequent. But there will always be isolated issues of lost connectivity across such a large user base.

Unfortunately there will always be times when the connection is dropped for reasons beyond SG’s control. Perhaps the best solution is to deliver a more proactive error message back to the user saying ‘We couldn’t process this war result due to unforseen connection issues between your device and the SG server.’ But I doubt that would make anyone happy.

From the user’s perspective, it’s best to make sure you are in a spot with solid connectivity, that your phone is sufficiently charged, and (perhaps) that you ensure that your phone’s resources aren’t overly taxed by other concurrently running apps while attacking.

3 Likes

a good test would be to install an app that will monitor the cpu/ram usage…

if the cpu/ram is 100% when app frozes then its phone’s fault
if not, its game/app fault

I actually did not recommend a CS ticket.

Since a video is not available, Devs request:

Trust me, their server log is ginormous.

This was my first thought.

If this is the case version 1.13 was an attempt to fix it:

Not sure if v1.13 implemented a client side, server side or both client and server fix. Several come to mind, but all have pros and cons.

1 Like

Ya - This seems like they were trying to address the issue partially by defining a few cases (‘before the war battle’) as unambiguous and thus solvable. Unfortunately it’s likely the the majority of these issues would be caused by loss of connectivity during the war battle and would not have been addressed.

1 Like

Same Happend to me . I won the Battle, it Runs Processing , then Zero Points and the Opponent Stands with Full Health in the Battle Field :frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately, addressing those cases could be easily abused: Losing a battle? Just turn off the wi-fi router! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Agreed - I’d called that exact issue out in my previous post. You know people would abuse this constantly.

1 Like