Avatar Shop is a blatant cash grab

Ohhh come on! Sigrunn is so cool! :crazy_face:

Well, i‘m a sucker then, i bought her. And that‘s exactly why this shop will run. One other maybe wants Elena or Vivica badly, as the avi, and will buy, like i did.

1 Like

Changed my avatar to Layla with you.

1 Like

Changed it to Berden. He is Robin Hood. He robbes from the rich and gives it to the poor :+1:

1 Like

There are a lot of players that put money on every garbage, because they have a lot money. This avatar shop is created for this kind of players, and I think SG know better there are some fishes to catch here, that’s why they implement this gimmick.

It looks like they are not making enough money from us already…let’s just find another way to glean every nickel from these poor game players.

1 Like

meh

If you want to buy an avatar, then buy one.
If you do not want to buy an avatar, then don’t buy one.

Easy :hugs:

13 Likes

They make the game to make money, not for freeloaders to play for nothing. They have investors who want a return on their investment. They didn’t give millions in funding so people could just play for free. You wanted them to crate revenue without going p2w, well, here you go. They’re selling cosmetics. It’s the best way to do it. They should be applauded.

11 Likes

From the O.P…
The avatar SHOP is a blatant cash grab…

Yes…

The clue was in the name… SHOP…

Why on earth would you need to start a thread to complain about it???

If you do not like the prices… don’t buy in the shop… simple really.

5 Likes

@Petri at least tell the DEVs to have most of the regular avatars to be able to acquired through raiding like ya’ll did for Domita Renfeld FriarTuck and Quintus

3 Likes

(Erm, my avatar has been Layla for forever, so don’t assume I agree with you.)

I thought the Hel avatar was a bit high, yet instantly saw players sporting Hel with a red background AND a smiley pin, so clearly some are celebrating the new avatar shop.

Me, I’m looking forward to new backgrounds…if they stay 200 gems, I may collect them.

Everyone is free to do what pleases them. You don’t have to buy, and I don’t have to abstain. shrug :wink:

14 Likes

I looked at it and fell over laughing… They pushed off Season 2 for this…

Oh boy those wacky Finns…

3 Likes

I hope they release an SG employee avatar as an 9750 gems hot deal.

2 Likes

i dont think you’ll want it LOL
soyboy15

2 Likes

My take on this is meh it doesn’t really float my boat a new avatar.
If I want a change then I can be a snowman or a bunny wabbit or a few others. Will I be spending on these no probably not in the foreseeable future.
Would I judge someone that does no not at all as it is a free world and their spending helps support the game and future changes
So whatever your choice I salute you

1 Like

Lol. Suuuuuure, it’ll come complete with a Staff badge, and we WONT have any issues with people pretending to be them. :grin:

Guys, a single axe attack cost 80 gems.

What exactly you expecting?

7 Likes

very true even the items are over priced

2 Likes

I’d not consider it hypocrisy at all. Merely spending your gems on something that will make you happy. You could spend 600 gems on a couple summons and Friar Tuck & Renfeld, and I doubt you will be happier than you would be wearing a Sigrunn avatar! (Of course a better pull is possible too…If we knew that was the result, we probably wouldn’t be trying!)

I’m probably never buy an avatar in the game, but that is just because there aren’t any that I REALLY WANTED like that. I earned my wabbit the hard way. Yes, finishing that part of the spring challenge was tough for me; I hadn’t been playing very long at all, under a month, I think…I didn’t even try for Master Lepus. If there are avatars in the summer event, I expect to get both of them easily with my current team…and after showing off for a day or two, I’ll probably go back to wearing the wabbit!

I’m also waiting to see some of the special deal cash or gem bundles get avatars, backgrounds, or pins added to them.

I do by some bundles, either for gems or real money; often they are a good deal for just the gems and ascension items or summon tokens included. I probably wouldn’t pay for stuff like the battle items or crafting ingredients included, but they are a nice bonus. Now some include loot tickets too.

3 Likes

On my wishlist … Trainer Hero Avatars :rofl:

3 Likes

Im just happy to see that SG is putting their time and resources into something so important as avatar creation…dont waste time on say a second campaign or anything…

Oh wait, a second campaign is free to play…lets keep exploiting our players for money first until they stop shelling it out…

2 Likes