Avatar Shop is a blatant cash grab

I find it hard to justify spending $5-15 on an online game picture. I guess game skins are popular and this is sort of an offshoot of that.

1 Like

Its a wasted opportunity imho.
Wider price range = normally yields more revenue, the exceptions are premium products hardly the case here.
Trully unique and aesthetically appealing cosmetics = a genuine opportunity for a sustainable f2p monetization. Think & imagine new, animated portraits/backgrounds, spell animations, fancy avatars…
what we got is… lazy. Again.

2 Likes

People, you don’t need to get the avatars. It’s entirely optional. And the amount of people in the ranking with the new avatars, pin and/or red BG prove they hit the nail on the head. This is for the rich to show themselves out of the crowd without offering p2w advantages. It’s the kind of thing that makes games like Path of Exile better than pure p2w games.

1 Like

It bores me to see destructive comments again and again in this forum. There is an infinity of comments saying that he does not complain, that if he wants to buy them and if not, then no. Maybe he can not express his opinion that they seem expensive? They believe that he does not know if he wants to buy them and if not, why not? also apply the same rule and if you are not interested in the post just do not enter and do not think. Lack of support from the community, to see if we let faith throw us over and over stones on our roof

3 Likes

Cosmetic stuff should cost money. Nobody seems to complain about it in real life. $25 for some junk you put on your cheeks? Sure no problem. People spend thousands of dollars on necklaces and real life jewelry. Are the Jewelers robbers? Just live your life without it. It’s not like price gouging bread or gasoline. You don’t need these things.

Let sg sell these. If you think it’s too expensive, don’t buy it. It’s clearly not meant for you.

12 Likes

Then check this out :eyeglasses:

Absolutely nothing destructive :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

See, they hear ya! Kiril is for 500 today :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m waiting for:

• Gold background
  • Purple background
  • Castle background (if avail.)
  • Desert background (“)
  • Forest background (“)
  • Athena
  • Alberich
  • Natalya
  • Sir Lancelot
  • Lady Locke
  • GUARDIAN PANTHER!!!

Until then, I’ll stick to my Layla with a red background. :wink:

2 Likes

Being that they are Challenge Event rewards, I don’t think they’ll ever be purchasable. :confused:

1 Like

I’m probably going to buy the avatar for my first male 5-star hero, whenever he decides to come.

3 Likes

I might go for the backgrounds :expressionless:

2 Likes

Wait a sec… is that sarcasm I detect?

I refuse to buy anything else untill problems are fixed…avatars for $ is a slap in the face to veterans…

2 Likes

Simply the appropriate background for the avatar referred to.
Capture%20_2018-06-22-18-35-01-1

1 Like

Looks like avatar shop is a big hit.
Waiting on…

4 Likes

2 Likes

What…“To Support the Game”???
Sry but have to Laugh.
The Avatar Shop ist fu**** expensive just for cosmetic Upgrade
And “Support” i´ve spend over 300€ into this Game and did not got one 5* Hero.
That´s about Support. They´re ripping us off and you guys a excusing that with “Support”
Funny

1 Like

I find “funny” that you think this way.
Having stuffs that are both cool and are expensive, like in real life, are meant to show others your point of view:

If you buy Avatar+Wallpaper+Stuff is to show others that you can afford them and that you also like to wear that.

I’m happy that you supported the game but, you know, buying gems you could have also bought ascension’s packages and getting heroes from TC20 for free instead of venting your frustration on the forum, just saying :wink:

1 Like

You pay for gems. You got the gems. That’s it.

1 Like

So are you Boycotting the stores? Just wondering. Although I agree where some have said “if you don’t like the prices, don’t buy”… I also understand how you feel about what feels like price gouging and all. I also agree (seeing as the game is not that old as in, how long she’s been out), how they’d have to obtain the money via in-game revenue in order to give their devs and artists and coding staff etc. A paycheck. And the in-game purchases are the only way to be able to do so, not to mention server costs etc. In order to keep all of the players playing (making it possible for us all to have fun playing). In that, maybe, HOPEFULLY they will lower prices in the future, and make avatars less expensive then as well.

1 Like