August 2020 Hero Balance Changes Discussion

Maybe. I haven’t seen much change in Telly tanks for sure. Maybe have seen less Vela’s now? She is definitely now less of a pain to face since her change. SG didn’t realize that emblems are the main problem and why Telly will stay until she is significantly worse than the next best tank…but then we’d just see that tank everywhere.

It took SG a long time to nerf Telluria even with the community roaring about it, now SG swings the nerf bat again when everyone was at least tolerant to satisfied with the nerf made to Telluria and Vela.

NO MORE NERFS WERE NEEDED!!! Still they now neft Vela so that her total damage is less then Clarissa who is very fast and does extra damage to yellow. In fact Vela does less damage now than 4* heroes and cutting her special back to 3 turns, hell everything they’ve done to Vela was uncalled for and unnecessary.

Telluria is a great tank, but easily beatable with a decent team, in fact my alt account can beat most Telluria teams and I used a 2-2-1 team mostly and since getting Almur I easily beat her with 4-1 green team.

I have used Vela now in offense and she is sad, barely usable and the drop in damage is very noticeable. I now have to cast her special 2 more times than I use to before to finish off a team. I’m now using Vela’s special 5 or 6 times along with whatever part of my team survives.

Clarissa is also too weak, so now a weak hero like Clarissa is doing more damage than Vela and Clarissa is borderline pathetic. I don’t have Clarissa, but compared to GM she is not a bit threat in raids. Perhaps SG was concerned about Telluria, GM, Clarissa and Vela combination and I would have to agree that that team would be devastating pre nerf with the original Clarissa before the release neft.

I just don’t get it, there was no outcry about Telluria anymore, in fact we use Telluria tanks in war and players have learned how to deal with Telluria so that we don’t really have any advantage with her anymore. This entire exercise is unnecessary and uncalled for, Vela was just fine the way she was and nothing further was needed.

If SG wants more variety then fix the issue of emblems and the impossibility of swapping them around because of astronomical costs in resources for 5* heroes. It costs 1 Million more ham to emblem the final node in a 5* hero than a 4* hero. There should be a way to partially recover ham and iron or reduce the cost to emblem heroes. Of course knowing SG they will make it cost gems or actual money if the devise a way. Greedy B&^%^&&s!

8 Likes

As for the huge cost of pumping a new hero after dropping emblems, I suggest that the red reset emblem returns the spent meat and iron in the form of 500k and 250k kits.

In defense, I don’t use Vela, and in attack, it has become very weak. With the red heroes and against the titan, its advantages came to naught. I would never spend a bunch of summons on such a vela, and I want SG to replace it with another hero (of my choice). Honestly, I will most likely quit playing before the new year, I do not like wasting time and money, and as a result, get garbage. I don’t want to feel cheated again and again.

1 Like

Malosi is a decent counter. Blocks water damage AND atk debuff. And he’s VFast - 2 3matches with a little mana troop.

I think we shuld move our discussion here Nerf Finley!

Let’s look at the future becouse nothing will bring back Telluria and Vela.

Finley. Killhare. Ursena

3 OP heroes much more stronger are still in the game becouse some people had a replacement for Vela
And they made a circus and manipulated SGG to nerf Tell and Vela.

It’s time to hear more opinions about them and the damage that they have.
3 heroes that can kill a hole team or give so much damage with just one hit that is near to impossible to recover after they strike.

1 Like

Exactly what I said. Because I face six telly teams in wars I am running out of hero’s that can take exactly the same composition

I do admit it made we creative. Of course mono red can do the job or even my mono five star purple . But my challenge is to be able to kill every team with lots of creative ways

Telly plus vella is a challenge for that but yes. Evolution made me develop four hero’s for that mission so I will have the tools. Like c sonya and skady

Date & Time Day Telluria (Tank) Vela (Flank)
2020-08-31T23:40:00Z 1 77 52
2020-09-02T02:15:00Z 2 67 46
2020-09-02T22:55:00Z 3 73 54
2020-09-04T00:05:00Z 4 74 54
2020-09-05T00:07:00Z 5 73 56
2020-09-06T00:15:00Z 6 73 56
2020-09-07T01:45:00Z 7 66 47
* 8 73.33 50.33

*Day 8:

Date & Time Telluria (Tank) Vela (Flank)
2020-09-07T21:45:00Z 68 45
2020-09-07T23:45:00Z 72 48
2020-09-08T01:45:00Z 80 58

Pre-nerf number from titanmafia.com:
80.16% Telluria tank.
66.37 Vela flank.

I’m one of the few top alliances that probably benefited from the Vela nerf. Yes it was a nerf. I usually keep an eye out for how defenses perform and the best judge is seeing people logged off for over an hour in the top 100. This was the reason why I ditched Vela prior to the latest nerf. I saw people using zimkitha and being logged off for long periods of time with amazing results. This tells me it’s their defenses working not their offense. I then started testing Zimkitha in my own and actually saw better results with an unemblemed zim than a maxed vela. So long story short, no I don’t think she needed a nerf. Just because everyone is using it doesn’t mean it’s the best, or does it?

This is one of mine that changed from double blues and I hadn’t seen him with those results with Vela even pre nerf

Also checking performance today I found max troops and a jabber GTV offline for hours and fell out of diamond. This is all speculation but to me seeing pics like the one below would have never happened prior to the second nerf.

4 Likes

Zim was always a bigger pain than Vela for me…

Zim add the minor heals for the elemental link too, which helps double-reds.

1 Like

Regarding that picture, it is possible that the person do some cup dropping to high platinum then change the defense back to main defense to maintain that position before going offline for hours waiting for raid chests (I did that often). I still saw GTV defense online for an hour but still at top 20 though.

However, the main point of this nerf as said by SGG themself is diversity. If only Vela is changed but not Telly, then this balance update have failed to achieve the main goal.

@Pompitous I didn’t see your post yesterday :sweat_smile:
I won it though, I find what @ArmyTage is asking for: GTV offline for at least an hour still in top 20 post-nerf.

And I don’t even waste a second… I was looking at top 100 and took a picture of it before I even went to the thread and notice the challenge. :rofl:

I agree it could be because of many reasons but I would think that they would bounce back if that were the case. I’m also seeing a lot of players maintaining less than before. So I do think it has had an impact

It’s a strong litmus test wouldn’t you agree?
Difficult for beta to hash out what the masses will do

But when someone in our alliance starts posting his raid log on Line app, gaining more cups off line than when he is on, back in March…

Before you know it, social media helps forge the new meta. And availability wipes out all others.

Now people are feeling for another meta. A good sign or an angry one… but I don’t see green tanks going anywhere just yet.
And agree…I also don’t think she needed a nerf!

1 Like

Players at that range are too afraid to attack 4700 defense so it would be rare to get attacked which means no bounce back.

How is the past week? Why do we still see many Vela? I thought she would be bad at raid defense though war is another story as a lot of players cannot field 6 red teams.

Could be but if you take a gander at the bottom person on 7dd (I know he’s not a cup dropper) he’s running the ideal double blue defense and 2400 cups. You have to admit that double blues in regular defense just do not have the punch they used to with this “new” Vela.

2 Likes

Of course, without punishment from the old Vela, double blue will become a feast for Mistuko.

2 Likes

So after a couple undreds of raids made after the last nerf/balance I try to pick only the gtv trio. I can tell that I won 70% or 80%. Now they need to rethink they stats, saying that they still are too powerful… Cmon let’s see those stats sSG

Because we invested alot of time putting her +20, and there’s no real substitute for her and for that emblems class. I would like other subs, hit all, fast blue… Not at the moment

What about pre-nerf for comparison?

That SG has a wider scale of stats for that. My stats are too insignificant. Thy have all, so they decide to nerf