šŸ… [Aug 4, 2019] 16th Raid Tournament! ā€” 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/Red

Oh bummer, thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Day 2: 4-1 attack (story of these things for me); 8-2 overall, 4491, top 10%. Defense 1-3, E.

But thatā€™s not whatā€™s interesting.

6: TP 2428, 475 (W)
7: TP 2482, 480 (W)
8: TP 2534, 486 (W)
9: TP 2587, 491 (W)
10: TP 2641, 496 (L, 162)

So compared to Raid Tourneyā€™s 15 data, the score increases for winning matches day 1 and 2 are exactly the same for me. Day 1 saw the value of my matches increase by about 7.34 points per win; day 2 saw my matches increase by about 5.34 for a win. If losses are constant as well, then when I start play tomorrow, I will have dropped about 8 points in value to about 488 for battle 1, though weā€™ll have to see (I didnā€™t lose day 1 last tourney and guesstimated my starting point; I was off about 5 points, so I lost about 12.5-13 points rather than the 8 I thought I would lose). Day 2 last tourney I lost a battle and dropped about 8 if memory serves, though I need to see that again (canā€™t right now).

A few things to chew on:

1. Thereā€™s some indication at this point that there is a pattern to scoring that has nothing to do with the defense you face, though if itā€™s a universal static pattern or if itā€™s dependent on other variables (like starting position) isnā€™t clear yet

2. it seems an early loss is much more devastating than a late loss in this system. I rolled back 13 points roughly from my starting point of 488 for battle 5 yesterday. If I had won that battle, I likely start 495 todayā€¦a net loss of almost 20 points per win.

I have some other thoughts, but I want to see what happens tomorrow. There are some variables out there, but I think thereā€™s at least a direction here to take this to explore how the scoring works further.

2 Likes

That is exactly the team I am using. it has worked well for the first 2 days.

ā€¦continue.

defense team : Melia - Mnesseus - Brienne - Belith - Chochin (TP 2341)

1st day tournament
defense win/loss : 0/1 (Grade E)
offense win/loss : 5/0
score : 2,362 & rank : 30,891 (Top 5%)

2nd day tournament
defense win/loss : 0/1 (Grade E) no update only one attack :sweat_smile:
offense win/loss : 7/3
score : 4,204 & rank : 199,301 (Top 25%) :arrow_down: :sweat_smile:

3 losses! too many high emblem opponent, and bad boards.

So far, so good! :slight_smile: day 2

Belith

Brienne

Well I was wrong.

At least in this weekā€™s Tourney Brienne is much better than Belith.

This is why I wish we could test defenses, practice tourney rules, tourney sandbox mode, Qualifier tourney days.

I am becoming more and more convinced that raids, war and tourneys are so frustrating for many players because they cannot learn from the black box design of these activities.

While live PvP is even worse ( turn timers screw with human perception), I would love some way to make it all less ā€œsetup and prayā€.

5 Likes

Muggy +1, Gunnar +1, Brienne +19, Gato +1, Melia +20. So far so good! 6/8 defensive A rating.

1 Like

Here is what I came up with for my D-team:

Itā€™s holding on to a C grade on defense. I stick to Gunnar tank even though green is allowed, canā€™t argue with the double attack buff.

If my Brienne had some emblems Iā€™d consider her as tank instead but sheā€™s too frail otherwise and with my current strongest 3* Iā€™m sure that team would fall apart quicker with the ppl I get matched up against

2 Likes

Day 2:

Offense: 9 - 1
Defense: currently 3 - 1 A (after day 1 1- 1 B)
Overall: 5212 top 5%

Still reachinā€™ for top 1%

My defense has held up well - after going 1-1 on the first day, in up to 6-2 now for a Grade A.

Attacks are up to 9-1; lost to a heavily emblemed defense but still overall Iā€™m pleased to have only lost 1 so farā€¦ because I also defeated two heavily emblemed defenses with my zero emblems attackers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day 1 Attack 5-0 Defense 1-0 (A)
Day 2 Attack 8-2. Defense 2-2 (B)

Anyone using Muggy to attack just for the the tile damage?

And if my defense slips any further at least I have someone to blame!

1 Like

10-0 on attackā€¦ 0 hits on defense so farā€¦ top 10%ā€¦

Day 1 : 4-1 on offense, 1-1 on defense
Day 2 : 5-0 on offense, no attacks
Top 5%
Defense is : Melia / Gunnar / Brienne / Chochin / Berden

For offense, i usually go 2-2-1 or 2-1-1-1
Melia, Gato and ChoChin are always in, the other 2 change depending on the tank.

I donā€™t use Brienne or Gunnar on offense and rarely Belith, as i prefer to field a fast sniper team. Melia + Gato buff are enough for now.

I faced some +18 teams today, so i believe the next days will be very hard. I might need to change to a 3-1-1 or 4-1 to continue.

1 Like

This is my defense (I changed the language to english):

I lost two battles already thanks to red tiles. I took Muggy to a couple battles but heā€™s too weak without emblems. He got killed by slash attacks before charging his skill. Balthazar +20 is the real MVP. He can kill anything with that lightning strike.

Day 1: 4 - 1 on offense. B score on defense.
Day 2: 4 - 1 on offense. A score on defense.

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but the buff cannot be dispelled, either. This almost cost me a match earlier, because I thought, oh, Iā€™ll just dispel it with Tyrum. Didnā€™t work. Ran a quick test with my unleveled Muggy to confirm.

2 Likes

My team

Defenseā€¦

My toughest battleā€¦

At the end of day twoā€¦

2 Likes

Hi,

may i ask why you think that? I was debating with my self whether i should use Belith or Brienne as tankā€¦ i decided for Belithā€¦ (mnesseus, gunnar, belith, brienne, berden is my setup now) ā€¦ i was debating swapping belith and brienneā€¦ but belith seemed to be the better choice (because of more health and defense). so far i have 2 wins an 1 loss on defense with thatā€¦

One thing Iā€™ve found a little annoying in this war is that I have only been attacked once, first day, and my defense lost. So now I am into my third day of E grade defense because of one attack.

In the same time I am 9/10 attacking.

If your defense doesnā€™t get a few chances to show if it works, then this doesnā€™t seem very fair. Sure maybe itā€™s a crap defense, but give it a fair go

I donā€™t understand your quick test? You are against opponents with no dispeling ability.

The one that can be dispelled is the buff from Muggyā€™s skill. When the hero with the buff die, they are ressurected as Chameleon, this Chameleon buff is the one that cannot be dispelled.

1 Like

Iā€™ve no emblems on any 3* but since the start of the tournament Ive been facing teams with emblemed heroes, a lot of heroes +20 nodes. Its the same every tournament that Iā€™m facing much stronger teams all the way through as Ive no emblems on any 3 or 4*'s. Iā€™ve also only been attacked twice.
To me it seems like they do this so people have to face strong defence teams and are more likely to lose and have to buy back in but weaker defence teams donā€™t face as many battles. But theyā€™ve said that theyā€™ve given up on rectifying any issues with tournaments. So matchmaking doesnā€™t seem fully based on team power.