šŸ”µ [Aug 18, 2019] Trials of Fortitude Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Good luck! Iā€™d be taking some war axes or something to help take out the last stage bosses, but let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

I went Ranvir (3/70), Hansel (4/60), Boril (4/25), Elkanen (3/70), and Melendor (3/52) and didnā€™t have a problem until the last stage boss battle. Viv just wanted to linger.
I had to wait it out and lost Mel, Elk and Boril along the way, but ā€œso hot right nowā€ Hansel and some axes took her out with only a few breaths left.

2 Likes

Viv, Caed, Elk, Caed, Kunchen worked well for me. Brought small and medium mana, used them all to charge my hitters for when Horghall was close, and then again for viv. With 2 fast dispellers and 2 healers lone boril was no sweat.

2 Likes

@Darth_Fuego, IMO better Battle Items for this trial is to counter opponent boss.
I suggest bring: 5 axes, 5 bomb, 10 heal (not 5 super heal), 5 bear banner.
Strategy to use:

1. Each step at start use 1 axe, so opponent attack reduced
  2. Before final step, try all heroes mana are ready recharged
  3. Use bear banner if your allies attacked by Horghall skill att debuff, so you did not need antidote or Super antidote at all, it will replace and has more advantage, because our allies now has attack buff

Thats it, IMOā€¦ good luck.

5 Likes

Same team as last time. BTW last time I underestimated Vivica and ruined me so I had to do the final twice. Thus, this time I didnā€™t save anything and nuked them, as I didnā€™t want Vivica to make me wast my bombs and dragon attacks. I do need to find more attack for this trial.

Emblems, and trainer hero go to storage. Rigard is good enough at +12 and druid emblems are waiting for a worthy owner

5 Likes

Iā€™ll try that, thanks!

2 Likes

Kadilen takes the place of Brienne.

It made a HUGE difference. Seeing Horghall hit for 150 made that trial a lot easier.

Horghall fell first and fast.
Used 1 dragon to finish Boril, as VVK was ready to heal him and Gafar was not.
Then VVK for dessert.

Trainer for Kadilen, who will be my first 5* to get to 4 tier tonight or tomorrow :partying_face:
Emblems on the bench for Rigard and Kadilen/Melendor.

5 Likes

Screenshot_20190818-111024

I decided to play around a bit this time, bringing in Ariel for Ma North and a nearly leveled Gafar for Hansel.

• On the bench: Ma North, Rigs, Gad, Mel, Hansel, 3.70 Elk, 3.60 Agwe

No issues getting to the bosses, everyone was locked and loaded for the final screen. Gafar was clearly the weakest link in the fight, as I had to use several healing pots on him, regular attacks from Viv and Boril nearly punched his ticket one round. After felling Horghall, I rolled the dice against a full mana and counter-attack protected Viv and managed to drop her using Lepus. It did not take much to finish Boril.

I likely wonā€™t roll with this lineup again, Lepus and Gafar really need minion shields in this fight. Hopefully Gafar will be maxed next time (Panther is soaking up all the feeders right now).

Trainer is likely going to Panther, emblems to MN and Lepus.

4 Likes

I donā€™t have a pic of last time and didnā€™t post in the last event thread, but the setup was pretty much the same, levels/emblems unknown. Updated my yellow to have a 4* troop which was neato.

Iā€™m really debating whether to bring either Rigard or antidotes or bear banners or something, because I keep forgetting about Horghall who sucks after he fires, since this is already a bit of a slog. First two stages went without incident.

Mostly posting this pic because I like the way the white silhouette of Vivica looks. I decided to nuke before Vivica could fire mostly so I didnā€™t have to deal with the healing. In retrospect, smarter special usage wouldā€™ve made that unnecessary, but deciding to do the final stage before dashing off to my work shift probably was a bigger contributor to lazy decision-making. :joy:

Fortunately, between Ranvir, Elkanen, and Caedmon, I had no lack of adequate hitters, and Iā€™m sure this wouldā€™ve been a breeze had I taken my time and thought things through. Ah well.

Skittleskull is getting ready for her big night out in the Sorceror class quests! Woot woot!

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Melendor +14
  • Rigard + 9
  • Boril 4^70
  • Brienne 3^50
  • Caedmon 4^70

I was itching to replace Brienne with my 2^17 Ranvir, but his special is only 6/8, so I decided it was too risky this time. Maybe heā€™ll be ready to rock for the trials of nature in a couple of weeks. Melendor is up 3 talents from last time; Rigard is up 2.

Got pretty good boards that let me take advantage of the green triple stack through the mob waves. Entered the boss wave having used only a few health potions on Brienne and with all specials charged. I sent tiles into Horghall to induce his special, which had the beneficial effects of dealing him a ton of damage and buffing everyone thanks to Brienneā€™s special. Rigard countered the attack down, and by the time Horghall fired again (riposted again) he was almost done. Caedmon finished him off with his special. With no hitting bosses left, it was very much a tortoise and hate type fight. Slow and steady, find the tile combos, donā€™t charge Viv any more than necessary. Finally hit Boril with a nice green combo for the KO, and Viv fell soon after. Was pleased to realize near the end of the fight that I hadnā€™t touched a single battle item. Woot! Beginning to wonder if Ranvir for Brienne is a good strategy here, or if Iā€™d be better off with her buff.

Trainer to Little John. Melendor to +15; Rigard still stuck on that pesky tenth node that takes 40 emblems. Still, couldnā€™t be happier about this run.

6 Likes

Final round turned into a farce, i was forced to spend 75 gems. Vivica remaining, Rigard and Kadilen for me. Cue never-ending healfest. Waited 20 minutes going back and forth neither of us coming close to death. No attack buffer kicked in ala raid so it wasnā€™t going to end and i wanted my emblems. Boril and Ranvir sorted her out eventually. Great fun.

4 Likes

I swapped out The Hatter in for Melia, AND I WON!

This is the first time Iā€™ve completed all 3 stages of a trial! Iā€™m pretty excited right now.

9 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face:

3 Likes

This was the easiest trial for me. Iā€™ve only used 3 small mana pots.

Kunchen and Rigard helped in keeping the team alive. Opponent Kiril was the first to die. Caedmonā€™s dispell was very helpful against his Riposte. Gadeirus buffs were also helpful. Horghall killed himself to my Kiril 3/60 Riposte. Despite my lack of snipers I was able to kill Vivica in 2 minutes thanks to Kunchenā€™s def down.

Gadeirus ate the green trainer. Iā€™m saving emblems for a 5* druid. Cleric emblems went to Kunchen whoā€™s now at +6.

4 Likes

Thus trial makes me want to max my other two Hansels.

3 Likes

Congratulations :tada:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Pilcho!! Nice job getting through that trial. I think youā€™ll find everyone on the forums more than willing to help you out with whatever questions you have.
Finding the forums saved me much aggravation and wasted time. Good luck and may RNGesus smile upon you!

Congrats on the win @Darth_Fuego!!

A very-belated thanks! :blush: Still not got around to quizzing the community on my situation, but might have to soon with the numerous 4* heroes queuing up for the day I finally get another gloveā€¦

Oh and RNGesus did smile upon me yesterday, my only Avalon hero was Merlin, said to myself I bet Iā€™ll get Merlin again along with 9 other 3*/4* dupsā€¦ welpā€¦ might do a post on my 10-pull in a relevant :wink:

Oh finally yeah, I know, Kailani and Boril is a stupid comboā€¦ Iā€™d like to say I made sure def up wasnā€™t active same time as retal (err, counter-attack, GW2 lingo takes over at times!) but not sure lolā€¦ live and learn hey!

2 Likes

Awesome pull on Merlin @Pilcho!! I managed to pull Lancelot twice, Grazul and Dominita, otherwise I got some expensive feedersā€¦oh except Bauchan, I think I may like that little guy.

1 Like