šŸ… [Aug 18, 2019] 18th Raid Tournament! ā€” 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/Green

Melia, ulmer, gunnar, valen, Rudolph. Best I can do.

1 Like

Do this weekā€™s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

My 2* troops will all be lv1: worse
My 3* heroes will all be emblemless: worse

Are there heroes youā€™re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally donā€™t make use of anymore?

Not really, all the heroes I have are also good to complete rare events with a decent score.

Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

Iā€™m leveling a second Bane.

What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

Ulmer - Gato - Karil - Gato - Valen

Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think youā€™ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

All the fast and average damage dealers. No recovery = faster is better^2

Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

Mainly x3 Dark heroes, including Tyrum and my Balthazar(s), with possible side heroes strong against other defenders.

Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

Yes, I usually bring at least one healer in my battles.

Are there elements of this weekā€™s Tournament that are unclear to you?

No.

Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

Points awarded to defenses day by day are meaningless as early (absolute) scores as 1-0 or 0-1 in the early days with no subsequent attacks will greatly increase/decrease a playerā€™s final score.

Defending scores should be awarded in the last day of battles (this could require changes on the amount of points awarded) and every defense should be attacked a reasonable amount of times.

1 Like

Gunnar

Tyrum dispel.
Valen, Ulmer and Gill-Ra overwrite with defense down.

Maybe Vlad since poison DOT bypasses defense stat.

Tourney Attack

Points are scored on attack.

@zephyr1 talked me into a perfect defense last time ( A rating for 5 days ).

But due to bad boards I got knocked out early and got sucky loot.

I still like points for defense, but I no longer level 3* defense heroes.

Tourney power leveling

I also power leveled a 3* hero, but they never got used because I never fought Muggy.

I will power level an attack hero I am already leveling. But I will no longer power level a hero just for a tourney.

3* Heroes

Since I already have 2x rainbow 3*+1 teams, now I only level good attack 3* heroes for Challenge events ( like Tyrum, Melia, Valen, Brienne, Belith, Rudolph, Hawkmoon, etc. ) and use those heroes for the Tourney.

Center

Center gets 3 columns worth of mana.

Gato, Valen, Ulmer, Gato, Karil would punish bad boards.

Though Melia, Valen, Ulmer, Tyrum, Gato
might be better if you have Tyrum and Melia.

Melia, Valen, Ulmer, Gunnar, Rudolph would be my choice.

5 Likes

So um. Which looks scarier?

Kinda wish Iā€™d saved more 2* troopsā€¦

3 Likes

with valen/ulmer and keep hitting that -defense to kill all

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to understand your reasoning for this if you donā€™t mind. Always looking to get better at picking my teams. These tournaments help with that having to come up with non-standard attack and defense teamā€™s but seems to me Gunnar makes the better tank here.

1 Like

Iā€™m concerned about Gunnar. It would seem to me that the direct counter to him would be Ulmer. Both are SLOW speed; with Gunnar at tank, if someone brings Ulmer, he will probably charge AFTER Gunnar fires, and then the team is still sharing damage but has a big -DEF penalty, so everyone takes more damage. Itā€™s almost like giving the enemy team Wilburā€™s offensive ability if they bring Ulmer on the attack.

To me, the big benefit of Gunnar and Kailani is the ability to share damage and then have someone HEAL it. The Ulmer loophole here is dangerous.

Now, I just wish I had Ulmer leveled up and ready to go. :wink: After the last couple 3* tournaments, I decided to keep and level an Ulmer, but literally only just started leveling him yesterday. (Heā€™s Level 1-4.)

My Defense Team:

Fast, hard hitters surrounding Gunnarā€¦ and in this scenario, the Gatos keep the -DEF from Ulmer off the team (in theory)ā€¦ and they should fire slightly before the Wabbits, so they also keep them from suffering their own self-imposed -DEF penalty. :slight_smile: THOUGHTS?

EDIT: FYI @Wondermoose, if youā€™re tracking this tournamentā€¦ my highest power team available is 2385; at least, I believe thatā€™s what the game does with the default team it puts in when you first join the tournament - the highest power heroes with the strongest troops. Thatā€™s where I took the number from.

5 Likes

Still debating wether to put Ulmer in place of Melia.
Should be a fun tournament :rofl:

5 Likes

I

3 columns out of 7 columns charge the center with the flanks and corner all getting 1 column each. So center charges much 3x faster than other 4 heroes, especially when center 3 columns are mostly missing colors ( full mana but only 1 point damage).

Missing colors are more common in Tourneys because no reroll to let you hunt for rainbow defense teams.

Once center is gone, flanks charge faster ( 2 columns each ) than corners ( 1 column each ).

Center Gunnar does not do anything attack. While center Gunnar is soaking up mana, the flanks cannot charge as fast. But if good board, attackers like Tyrum ( dispel ) and Valen ( overwrite defense buff with defense debuff) are charging.

If not killed, center Ulmer gives all the attackers defense debuff and damage. No green ( strong against blue center) and no healing heroes ( only minions increase HP ).

The center is usually killed by tile/ matching damage. The corners are usually killed with special attacks. So you save the corners by killing the attacker before the attacking heroes can charge.

Flank Gunnar protects Corner Rudolph.

Rudolph is high attack stat, reduces mana and minions do tiny damage that cannot be healed due to Bloody Battle.

Flank Gunnar gives defense buff to whole team including blue flank Valen.

Flank Valen might charge faster than center Ulmer so Ulmer does more damage if hits an attacker with Valenā€™s defense debuff. Once center Ulmer gone, Valen likely to hit attacker with Ulmer defense debuff before debuff goes away.

Melia is better on attack because special skills do not crit. But Melia is the only fast attack all enemies 3* hero. Putting in corner so blue heroes protect Melia.

Fast attack all can be nice on defense since the computer randomly targets an attacker. With attack all, the lowest HP attacker will always be hit.

4 Likes

great reasoning, @Gryphonknight

How about a Melia - Gato - Ulmer - Gunnar - Chochin defense then? or would Valen be a better choice in place of Gato?

also: Ulmerā€™s defense is pretty low. but I guess with a good/decent board it would not matter as he would die anyway, and with a bad board it wouldnā€™t matter as he would take 1 damage per off-color tile.

2 Likes

Wow ok im sold. Itā€™s definitely deeper thinking than I usually give it. An excellent example of how I can improve on it. Thank you.

3 Likes

Iā€™m changing my defense team partially because of the argument but mostly because I only have three 2* troops available. Iā€™m not inclined to run Gunnar though, given how youā€™ve pointed out how vulnerable he can be if the opponent puts a defense down on the team, and he hasnā€™t done great when he was put at center tank in previous 3* tourneys.

It does feel scarier than the mono blue I had put up before at least, so thereā€™s that. Especially for bloody battle, woof:

2 Likes

3BLOOD BATH! I LOVE IT!!!
IM ACTUALLY NOT SURE HOW ILL FARE IN THIS ONEā€¦
NOT HAVING GREEN IN THERE IS ACTUALLY A REAL CHALLENGE FOR ME. THE REASON BEING IS THAT SINCE Iā€™VE STARTED TO REDO MY 3
S about 2 months ago, IVE BEEN GETTING A LOT OF NATURES.
Iā€™m pretty much forced to go with this Defense here:

This will also serve as my offense too - not very many 3*s as you folks can see

1 Like

Agreed. Already told that. And itā€™s almost impossible to to play the 5 days. Without paying gems to continue. But anyway Iā€™m putting gunnar 1-1 a flank. And probably power level him at the end of first day. Tomorrow. Bane. Gato. Ulmer. Gunnar. Wabit.

1 Like

Valen is going to be maxed by the end of the day. Kinda wish I didnā€™t feed the extra Getos and Gunners away, oh well~. All my fighters and barbarian emblems go to boldtusk and Grimm, but I was contemplating embleming Balthazar and Melia all the way up for tournaments. Does anyone know how many emblems would I lose if I striped them in the future for other heros?

1 Like

We do have a chance

It is all reletive and I will fight against my team level sizeā€¦

But yes. I wonā€™t enjoy itā€¦

1 Like

This isnā€™t like broccoli, where you should eat it even if you donā€™t enjoy it, because itā€™s good for you.

Skip the tournament if you dislike it so much. :slight_smile: Just ignore it. Donā€™t make any attacks. No point doing something you wonā€™t enjoy when it comes to your entertainment time.

4 Likes

You loose 5% of the emblems.For every 20 emblems you put in total you loose 1 emblem.

1 Like

Why not switch Balthazar <-> Melia ?

1 Like

May I ask why would switching Balthazar and Melia be better, since they are both fast?

How does this look? I just emblemed Balthazar since I donā€™t have ANY other wizard class heros. Hope to last until day 5 this time!

1 Like