🏅 [Aug 18, 2019] 18th Raid Tournament! — 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/Green

NOTE: Based on the volume of posts from the previous Tournaments, this will be the only thread for anything related to this Tournament.

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2019-08-18T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2019-08-19T08:00:00Z
2019-08-24T08:00:00Z

=> Click here for Log of Past Tournaments

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/Green
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Healing, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

Please note this important announcement from SG about the reduced loot:

:link: Related Threads

For all related links, please see the guide thread below:

=> Log of Past Tournaments

4 Likes

The third 3* tournament in 4 weeks, are you serious? The bloody battle lasts exactly until the first special attack of the enemy, and from 2 days they will begin to give opponents completely with emblems, just without a chance. It seems like it’s time to boycott the tournaments.

4 Likes

Karil - Ulmer - Ulmer - Gato - Valen

2 Likes

Planing to power-level Gato, ugh, I thought I had more time. Been working on Sonya and was planning to do Gato next.

As of now I’m going with Chochin - Valen - Gunnar - Ulmer - Kailani.

If I get Gato maxed in time, bye bye Ulmer.

thinking of dropping Kailani for Bane or Melia, but having two spirit linkers may be interesting. Though better for Rush attack.

1 Like

Gunnar’s going to wreck. No Belith, no Mnesseus… How the hell do you counter him? Not having Gunnar myself, I don’t see much hope for me.

3 Likes

OK, I will setup like this…

8 Likes

@jinbatsu we have the same idea :slight_smile: literally the same heroes and order

2 Likes

Tyrum is a fast dispeller

4 Likes

3 Likes

I think I will rock!

My only three that worse something is emblemed muggy because it can be used in wars

So now I am left with this formidable team!

PS
So not fun sg… I know you want us to spend but I took the trainer offer and acended five star instead…

2 Likes

Seriously, what’s gonna stop Gunnar here besides heavy stacking combined with a lucky board? Is there a non-green 3* dispeller? I can’t think of one

Thinking about embleming mine to node 2, would give him an additional Def boost and only cost me 1 emblem if I take them back after the tourney…

1 Like

Screenshot_20190818-134211
Today is my comand for tomorrow raid. I will looking them defence

2 Likes

Man you rock!

You have all this amazing three stars…

2 Likes

Wonder how many attacks my defence will get this time.

3 Likes

I’ll field Ulmer - Gato - Karil - Gato - Valen

3 Likes

Gunnar and Gato will be maxed tomorrow or Gato at least on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Oh no! Another 3* Tourney means that many people that bought a bunch of 4* and 5* heroes early in their game don’t have a chance because they didn’t bother leveling 3’s. The horror! :scream:

8 Likes

20 Tyrum characters…

3 Likes
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

My three star bench is pretty deep and with green being the banned element, it doesn’t put too big of a dent as a 4 star banning dark would do.

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

Most of the heroes I use for 3 star tourneys I use still as part of color stacking across all activities.

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

As soon as Cyprian is at 4-70 I am gonna start working immediately on Chochin. Getting emblems for him is a pain because I have a couple other sorcerers I have to split them between.

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

As of right now I have Ulmer, Valen, Gunnar, Gill-Ra, and Bane I think. I do not remember at the moment who I have for my holy hero.

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

I in all honesty am anticipating a ton of Gatos, Ulmer, and maybe that three star sand Empire holy hero whose name I forgot.

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

Ulmer, Valern, Gill-Ra, Bane, Tyrum, Namahage, Azar, Nashgar (huge maybe).

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

Nah, it won’t really change. Just gotta be a bit more clever with who I choose and hope I get some good boards or can quickly turn around a bad board within 2 turns max.

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

Nope, they are all crystal clear.

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

Nope, not at the current time.

1 Like

Cookie Settings