🔵 [Aug 16, 2020] Trials of Piety Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

I used 6 minor mana pots. Al on Hansel because the first shot Friar Tuck withstood, so I fired the second hansel. I didn’t want him to heal because they were all almost dead.

No reset emblem today

6 Likes

I mainly went with the best offensive healer ratatoskr :slight_smile: I lost only a few mini antidotes and Joon shot me a Wilbur.

5 Likes

Old Team

NEW TEAM! And now i love this one, no more nuking :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Gota kill the Sniper first

Boril had to go next

I hated this guy with the old team, Not anymore :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Trainer for Gazelle
Monk emblems for Joon, Cleric saved

7 Likes

Last trial for me to finish vanilla challenge. yay!

how fitting that it would be one of the most annoying ones. Friar Tuck. I only use him with costume on offense, but the heal and mana boost is beastly. and here he’s in the middle…

I have literally just enough vanillas to form a full party. well, almost -

normal Li Xiu and Joon and Rigard, costume Skittleskull and Boldtusk. left out normal Boril.

benched: Aeron, Rana, Lady Woolerton, Hansel, Valeria. wow. I have a lot of non vanillas who would be useful against Tuck’s stupid heal.

fight was the same as most fights with this trial. Kill Joon first, and he’s relatively frail so it’s kinda easy to kill him before Tuck heals.

then just plow through Tuck. used a dragon attack to kill Joon before Tuck could heal (he was about to). then repeat: specials, tiles, dragon attack until Tuck does. once only Boril is left, it becomes a matter of time

I was never worried about dying against Tuck and Boril even with Boril’s riposte, considering I have two healers on my side. the dragon attacks were to speed things up

no reset emblem

and with that, vanilla challenge done whoop whoop!

6 Likes

Took up the vanilla hero challenge. Was a bit of a grind. Boss stage took 5.5mins. Took out Joon and Boril easily but that Friar Tuck!! He stood alone for 4 mins and absolutely refused to die!! Used 3 axes and a couple of minor mana potions.

No reset. Emblems banked. Trainer to Tarlak.

5 Likes

Mist 4/63 | Mist+10 | Rigard 4/70 (w/ CB) | Hansel+18 | Jabberwock+6

Mist 4/63 replaced Li Xiu+6, Mist and Jabberwock both went up a talent compared to last time. Yes I actually swapped out a nominally more powerful hero for a weaker one, because Mist is just awesome and Li Xiu is kinda lame (no offense to her).

You guys shoulda seen my boards, wish I’d recorded this one. Best boards of my life, just unbelievably good. As in everybody was charged going into the boss wave, and there were two purple diamonds ready to be made, one under Joon (perfect!), and one under Boril. Double Misting the bosses gave me two chances at bypassing that pesky manashield/withstand, and made sure they barely gained any mana even after the two diamonds got popped. Between Mist’s special debuff and Jabberwock going off twice, Joon fell very quickly. Boril did manage to eventually put up his manshield but luckily Mist’s buff block meant his special was completely wasted. Only Fat Tuck managed to go off once, and only because the board started to run a bit dry. But who cares, by that point his fate had been long sealed and Jabberwock did the honors.

Item tally: none

Emblems and trainers saved.

4 Likes

Its one of the easiest for me

5 Likes

Completed with Wilbur, Hansel, Boril, Elkanen and Boldtusk.
Used one purple banner

3 Likes

Done with Wu, Rigard, Santa, Wilbur, Joon. Benched Hansel and Mist.
Wilbur + Wu makes everything easy, unless Wu’s miss rate skyrockets to 120%. Today was one of those days. I witnessed the magic of a 7 shields combo missing completely, not even one hit the target. Still managed to finish it pretty comfortably, using only one axe and one bomb out of annoyance: Joon’s blind to cripple enemy Joon and focusing tiles on the bold monk to avoid Boril and Friar to fire, there was Wilbur to spread the damage.
Emblems much appreciated for newly ascended Joon and Mist, trainer for Joon’s costume.

5 Likes

I took a defensive road this time, turned out to be a good choice. Worked on the board before the final stage to get my tiles and Wilbur and Wu ready. It was over in less then a minute.

Trainer to Gretel, the only active yellow project.

4 Likes

these heroes to defeat 2nd stage, the only alternative was replacing 1 Hawkmoon by 1 Kailani. I chose Hawkmoon for better tile damage.

Boring trial, but worth the emblems.

5 Likes

I hate this trial. Don’t have enough 4*/5* leveled clerics or monks, so Bjorn completed te team. had to use quite some items, and Joon and Tuck kept resisting my debuffs, while Wu kept missing. Made it with Wu and Rigard surviving.

Bjorn died in the first round to the mobs (wasn’t paying attention); boril got 1-shot by joon, while Wilbur was slashed to death just before I could use his buff (should have used a potion…)…

Monk-emblems for Wilbur, cleric in storage.

5 Likes

Completed with

Li xiu Mist C.Boldtusk Joon and wu kong.

Left behind
Rigard, Hansel, grazul, another boldtusk and several 3*.

Emblems to Joon. Trainer to Chao

2 Likes

Not my favourite but did it without problems. Lost Hansel but that was ok.

Used one antidote and arrow attack against Joon.

Ariel and Wilbur were the most important heroes as far as I can tell. Without there support it should have been much less easy.

Priest emblems are for Ariel en monk are going on the bank for a while, just like the trainer. Nothing Holy leveling atm.

Thanks again, have a great Sunday and enjoy playing!!!

4 Likes

My team:

No mana controler, a board full of blue tiles and MN refusing to revive Wu and Joon while Friar Tuck kept healing, led to me having to use 5 arrows, 5 axes and 2 bombs.

New emblems will go to Rigard and Joon.

5 Likes

My team this time:

• Chef Boldtusk 1^1
  • Wilbur +20
  • Li Xiu +20
  • Gafar 4^63
  • Candy Skittleskull +18

Been looking forward to adding a little more firepower for this trial by switching in Gafar to counteract Tuck’s healing and switching out Boril, since he doesn’t mesh well with Wilbur and since he’s only useful against Joon, and 40% of the time, he isn’t useful for that, either. Also, Candy Skittles is up 4 talents.

During the second stage, I noticed Chef Boldtusk got to red health. Since I never really pay attention in the first couple of stages anyway, I just assumed he had been targeted a lot by the mobs. Still thought it was weird, since BT +20 is usually a rock. Just as I hit the button on the third stage, I figured out why. I GRABBED MY BOLDTUSK 1^1 FROM MY “NEXT TO LEVEL” TEAM INSTEAD OF MY BOLDTUSK +20! Ugh. Now, my options are to flee and immediately waste 20 WE, or slowly regret my mistake as I watch my team die. I chose the latter.

I knew I was going to have to use Wilbur liberally to have any shot, and the boards were actually pretty cooperative. I got all the way to the bosses, and I had yellow, purple, and green diamonds on the board when I got there (quite by accident, as I was in no position to work the board.) Also, I had everyone charged except Wilbur, and I charged him in one match.

Pleasantly, Gafar was helpful as expected in countering Tuck’s healing. Also, having two of three bosses with passive specials was helpful in keeping Baby Boldtusk alive for a while. Eventually, even Wilbur wasn’t able to keep Joon’s blasts from doing their thing, though. Baby Boldtusk bowed out, leaving me without healing. Candy Skittles was next; for all her great tile damage, she’s still pretty squishy. With Tuck ready to fire and Gafar not quite ready, I had to go to a single dragon attack, which took out Joon and Tuck together. I’m still amazed that I got them that low in health by the time my team members started falling. So anyway, after one dragon, I was left with a burning Boril to deal with, which wasn’t too hard. Ultimately, I let Gafar take him down in a sacrificial, riposted blast. Li Xiu and Wilbur, both in critical health, claimed the prize. Using only one dragon to finish after such a bone-headed screw up is an unqualified win, in my book.

Not enough monk emblems to take Wu Kong to the next talent. Not enough cleric emblems for Vivica, either, although I may leave her at +7 for a while and emblem Gafar when he gets those last few levels. If I can get through the trials of fortitude without Boril next time, he may get reset to power-emblem Gafar, but that riposte is pretty nice on Horghall. :thinking: Trainer hero to Justice.

6 Likes

Same team as before

Went into the boss wave with some diamonds, Wilbur and Kunchen debuffs defenses one after the other. Joon and The Hatter on the attack, the latter was positioned to steal Friar & Boril’s buffs…

No item needed. Trainer goes to Azlar, cleric emblem…to lift up Rigard one more level. monks to Joon.

8 Likes

Took this used two small mana and 3 arrows. Joon killed Wilbur and awge basically with full Heath which annoyed me.

Emblems to Ariel monk storage maybe thinking putting some on Wilbur trainer lixiu

6 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

No change.
Other Option:
2020-08-16_21-08-10

Battle

Good start, all mana charged and ready to fire.

Finished with used some items, and 1x Hansel died.

Reward

Emblems Monk for Joon, Cleric keep in stock, maybe later for Mist.
Trainer goes to Joon-C.

9 Likes