🏅 [Aug 11, 2019] 17th Raid Tournament! — 4* Rush Attack, No Dark/Purple

Day 3: 5-0. I survived. It’s gotten better since I’ve gone Caed-Wilbur-Wu-BT-John on attack. 9557 score, rank 1941. Defense I can’t count, but I’m a B and one win from an A (over 30 have attacked me and it’s been like 10+ today).

1. 616 (W, expected start point)
  2. 618 (W, +2)
  3. 617 (W, -1)
  4. 615 (W, -2)
  5. 617 (W, +2)

Since I’m only 1,440 points or so from #1 in the tourney 3 days in with 3 losses, since I’ve had an A defense for that time, since my points lost in losses amounts to 1,421 at this point (not counting what was lost by not accelerating my ladder), since everyone so far sees the scoring ladder get screwy after 610, and since no one so far has posted getting higher than a 623 defense to attack, I will assume that the attack values of teams probably levels off around 625 at the start of the tourney. So there is probably a scoring wall here.

Working theory of how this all works based on data gathered:

1. Your best 5 heroes and troops available for the tournament sets your starting point in the tournament. about 10 points of team power equates to about a 1 point starting point difference between squads with some variation.

2. There is a top end to scoring in each tournament (a wall). In the 3* tourneys the past two times out, it seemed to be about 520-ish. In this one, it appears to be 620-ish. The most powerful teams in the tournament will start near the top of the scoring wall.

3. The days of the tournament allow for increasing the value of teams attacked by winning matches in sort of a set pattern (with odd variations occasionally) until one reaches a range near the top of scoring wall, at which point it seems random again. The amount gained seems to fit a certain structure in tourney’s 15/16 and seems more varied here in 17, but for me and some others who have posted, some of it seems intact, so I’m willing to go with it for now. In general:

Day 1: +7 for a win/-13 for a loss on the next attack
Day 2: +5 for a win/-9 for a loss on the next attack
Day 3: +3 to 4 for a win/-7 for a loss
Day 4: +2 to 3 for a win/-5 for a loss
Day 5: +1 to 2 for a win/-4 for a loss

The result of the last attack in a day sets up the starting value of the first defending team in the next day according to the current day’s rules…in general (so if my last attack is a win in day 1, the next team would day 2 would receive +7 before the +5 ladder kicks in).

This system is probably in place to allow teams that start back to have a chance to get into the 1% without allowing a rush at the end making it possible for a poor performing team to get to the 1% in the last couple of days though continuing (though those that start too far back are probably never seeing the 1% if it is a 4 or 5 star tourney, but that’s a different discussion).

So the best general strategy regardless of starting position would be to win early and avoid day 1 or 2 losses to get to the max value for scoring for a given tourney and then not lose so often that you fall out of the max scoring area because you won’t recover that easily.

This would, of course, be easier if one starts near the top than further behind because most everyone will lose at some point. It’s just that an early loss is probably more detrimental than a later one if you have any desire to be top 100 or something.

There’s nothing I’ve seen that the TP of the team one attacks has any bearing on scoring (Defensive TP seems to be all over the board regarding what value they are actually worth). There would also be little benefit to nerfing your heroes at the start of the tourney by removing emblems to start lower and then add them back in simply because you hurt your start position (though you may gain ground easier in the first two days).

Is there some variance in here? Sure, and I’ll probably never see the exact programming to know for sure. But I think based on 2.5 tournaments worth of data from everyone, this is probably closer to what is happening than being out and out wrong.

The next question would be how defense is scored, but that’s a much different project as no one can see what their defense is worth at this point. Nor is it known if improving your best 5 during the tourney in any way affects how one scores, but maybe that comes later.

In any case, thanks for the help and reading here. I’ll probably keep posting data just to note if they change anything, but it’s been interesting to try to figure this thing out.

5 Likes