AtoZ Category Game - Part Deux

Bose–Einstein condensate (Bose–Einstein condensate - Wikipedia) is only B-start cool thing that I can think of. It is fifth state of matter that the temperature very close to absolute zero (< 1 Kelvin or < -272.15 °C). Behavior of matter in that state is also cool :smile:

What is the temperature in the Netherlands now ?

2 Likes

Cold Coconut Milk (or a Caramel Sundae)

2 Likes

peaked at 30 degrees Celsius today… funny enough, it was usually that hot back in the Philippines BUT we had air conditioning at work and at home lol…

2 Likes

D

Dairy Queen. Some ice cream or Blizzards… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

E-start… Ethane Ice Clouds on Titan, the largest moon of Saturn, is the only E-start cool thing that I can think of :sweat_smile: (Reference : http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/r/d/rdm5/Titan_Chem_Web_Site/Tholin%20articles/Microphysical_Modeling.pdf)

@sleepyhead Yes, 30 degrees is also a average temperature here in Thailand. In summer, it is hotter than that. And Yes, it is hard to live if there is no air conditioning :smile:

2 Likes

F - Frozen Yogurt! nice treat that can be made healthy with fruit/nuts, or unhealthy with candy, chocolate, caramel, syrups…

@u2371 oooh our countries (Philippines, Thailand) are so similar :slight_smile: i remember when i was younger, before my school got air-conditioning… I could barely concentrate in the summers haha

4 Likes

Glacier (Glacier - Wikipedia)

The mechanism of how it flow is also cool :smile:

@sleepyhead Yes, and the global warming also make it worse :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@u2371 ooh tell me about it… the typhoon/monsoon season in the Philippines is shifting already because of that!

H

a cold Heineken beer,

or helado, the Spanish word for ice cream,

or a trip up to the Himalayas!

3 Likes

Ice cream :ice_cream: or an iced chocolate / coffee drink :ice_cube::tropical_drink:

Wait, does

Fit in the topic of…

Else Gelato for G… :thinking:

Edit - so to clarify, the topic is…

ways to cool off / or cool as in super or amazing things about the cold…

J next…

4 Likes

I’m inclined to accept glacier, one can visit one to cool off :wink: not very likely or practical, but it works :wink: (and also to set precedent in case @littleKAF forces us to oceans or continents again lol)

2 Likes

Yes, anyone can visit it to cool off :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Jamba Juice.

2 Likes

Kiwifruit ice block or ice cream or chilled kiwifruit works too :kiwi_fruit:

2 Likes

L

Lemonade!

Lime juice too maybe?

2 Likes

Margarita, frozen preferably :smile:

2 Likes

N

Negroni, it comes with ice so… :wink:

2 Likes

Swim in the Ocean

@sleepyhead …being hot in the Netherlands sounds like experiencing winter in Sydney. We don’t expect it to be cold, don’t heat our houses properly and so feel colder with a Max of 12-14c than living somewhere a lot colder that prepares properly for winter!

2 Likes

P

Going to the Poles, north or south :stuck_out_tongue:

No let’s be more practical. Taking a dip in the Pool

@PM229 that’s an excellent point! Here in the Netherlands and in France, houses are built to withstand cold winters… the Philippines is much like Australia, preparing for the heat - with air conditioning and screens on windows so they can be thrown open….

3 Likes

You stole my answer. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

How about Quenching your thirst?

And for a new topic, let’s celebrate our southerners with ways to stay warm in the middle of the winter.

2 Likes

nice new topic :slight_smile:
do we jump to it, or continue with this one? I suggested this one but I don’t mind switching :wink:

we could continue and finish, then jump to kaffy’s?

R - sticking your head in a refrigerator (or your whole body if it’s big enough!)

2 Likes