AtoZ Category Game - Part Deux

Great topic @Yhc !!

I’m gonna need to think a bit

B

Books

My ex gave me the very last book in the Wheel of Time series shortly after it was released. Cue a few sleepless nights speed reading it

5 Likes

C

Chocolate, especially those from chocolatiers :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Diamond

A nice diamond in my wedding ring

1 Like

E

Easter Eggs, mainly because they formed an Easter tradition - and I felt I had to work for them i.e, hunt for them!

it wasn’t even always about the goodies inside, I enjoyed just collecting the eggs :stuck_out_tongue: we often used plastic eggs anyway. I had a beautiful golden one, but the paint chipped away to reveal a pink egg underneath… a metaphor perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

F

Fragrances, especially in a gift set and/ wrapped up nicely. :wink:

1 Like

G

a Gameboy… I used it to play Pokemon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

H

High tea. A gift that really suits me. Love the dainty sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, and ofc tea in a nice setting…

2 Likes

I

Ice, or an icy trip lol

my parents took me to South Korea for my first experience with “true” winter. I was so happy when I saw snow in person for the very first time ever

2 Likes

Jar of Juniper berries for my Gin cocktails.
Very nice too
But soon ran out lol

2 Likes

Kinder Happy Hippo

This is an odd one, as I had ordered them for myself in the UK as a treat for my birthday.
Since it was an international shipping I ordered a bulk of them (200).
When they arrived, though, they were the wrong flavour :scream:
So I called customer support of a certain very large company whose name recalls that of a very large rainforest and told the agent about the mishap.
He accepted my remonstration without asking for any proof and placed a new order for the correct flavour at no cost.
I told him I’d like to give back the wrong items and he said I should keep 'em as noone should have their birthday ruined - he realized it himself, or, more likely, thru software :slightly_smiling_face:
I ended up becoming the weird lady who kept offering Kinder Happy Hippo to anyone: I had 400 of them :woman_shrugging:t3::rofl:

6 Likes

Lemon

A fresh lemon picked from my Sisters tree in Spain for my double gin and tonic. It tasted so much better, honestly.

@Yhc …that story really did make me smile. 400 chocolate bars

2 Likes

Sound really nice @JGE! I remember a friend brought me back special lemons from Italy. :heart_eyes: I was living in London at the time.

@Yhc Wow, so many! I’m glad they sent you a replacement without any proof.

2 Likes

Massage gift certificate.

I have ordered bulk Happy Hippos @Yhc. I thought it only came in one flavor. Then the rep said, “How about we do half chocolate, half hazelnut?”

Anyway, they are yummy … and make wonderful gifts.

3 Likes

Nuts

Simple but nuts are a traditional gift in my country and I absolutely love them.
Especially macadamia and cashews: a few years ago a colleague brought me cashews from her home country.
And they were soooo good (best ever).

I hear you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Fun facts about the 400 KHH

• as I’m totally incapable of decent human relationships that involve the actual presence of another human being, I was giving them off mostly at work.
    At one point an HR agent discreetly, “informally but officially” :thinking: asked me “You’re not spiking, them, right?”
    I had a laugh but he was a lot more serious than I would have liked :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  • @akionna I didn’t know they had two flavours either! :rofl:
  • it happened some four years ago and I’ve never touched another KHH since :no_mouth:
4 Likes

O

Oranges, as they symbolize good fortune

also Oreos, they were an imported treat for me!

2 Likes

Peace.

I like a quiet house. When everyone disappears … so I can nap or read a book.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a good one :bowing_woman:t3:

Quality time coupons.

Several years back I was dating someone in the chase for a career, just like me.
As a result I often complained we didn’t spend enough quality time together - which was as much my fault.
At some point I started receiving coupons for quality time activities as gifts - I believe the idea came from a movie or something like that.
It was very sweet and I still have the last one, which I didn’t cash-in because I liked the idea of cherishing it better :dizzy:

4 Likes

That’s a cute idea which I’ve used before :slight_smile:

R

Rabbit, got a pair which stayed with us until they passed of old age… and their kids stayed with us too

3 Likes

So I really have to say it.

Duh, Shoes :woman_shrugging:t3:

Predictable, uh? :rofl:

3 Likes

T

Tiramisu

Sooooo gooooddddd

3 Likes