AtoZ Category Game - Part Deux. List before a mod/staff resets us

How about…

Films.

Good, bad or indifferent. What films have you seen that are memorable?

A…Alien

The film was advertised with the tag line “In space, no one can hear you scream”. Believe me, in cinemas you can hear a ton of people screaming. Awesome film.

5 Likes

Big.

A classic film starring Tom Hanks. The old HOTM Uraeus reminds me of the fortune telling machine in the film.

5 Likes

Casablanca
The all time great starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman

6 Likes

Die Hard and sequels

Yes, I know it’s ridiculous trash but I still find myself watching it again when it’s on TV for the nth time in non rating seasons!

6 Likes

Elephant Man
A true story brilliantly portrayed by John Hurt

5 Likes

Any of the *Fast and the Furious series.

I tried the first installment and gave up after half an hour. Watching people drive cars around for hours on end is definitely not my idea of a decent film.
Plus they all seem to have Vin Diesel in them and he couldn’t act his way out of a paper bag, if his life depended on it. :roll_eyes::yawning_face::sleeping:

5 Likes

Ghost a recommended watch for those who enjoy a love story. Warning… Keep tissues on hand :wink:.

6 Likes

Hang 'em High A Clint Eastwood Western

4 Likes

I, Tonya

Margot Robbie is excellent as the infamous Tonya Harding, to the point where you can sympathize with the real person.

3 Likes

John Wick.

In the last film, where Halle Berry and the dogs coordinate attacks … my favorite part. The movements were mesmerizing.

Of course, Keanu Reeves moves rather well too.

3 Likes

The King’s Speech. Always like Colin Firth

3 Likes

L.A. Confidential

Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce in fine form as police detectives investigating high level corruption.

Just brilliant. One of the few films I own on DVD and still watch regularly :grinning:

2 Likes

Moulin Rouge, the first film that showed me Hollywood didn’t always need a happy ending.

4 Likes

It’s turkey time…

Nowhere To Run

Van Damme doing what he does best…displaying zero acting chops, high kicking bad guys and, just because he can, doing the splits at regular intervals.

A friend of mine tried desperately to convince me that karate Jean and his films are the real deal. Umm, no. Hard pass from me.

2 Likes

Oceans series of movies… With George Clooney, Brad Pitt, etc etc

Pan’s Labyrinth. An excellent Spanish film. Quite scary at times. I think the ending is very worthwhile for the main character.

1 Like

Cookie Settings