AtoZ Category Game - Part Deux

Egypt. Ancient.

3 Likes

Francia or Frankland or Frankish Empire (Francia - Wikipedia)

@sleepyhead I don’t know why but there are many idea pop in my head. How do you think about them ?

• “any green plant that its other parts beside fruit and seed are edible” (Note : any non-flowering plant or green algae that have any edible parts are counted since those parts aren’t fruit or seed)
  • “any gas substance”
  • “any liquid substance”
  • “mineral, type of rock or gemstone”
  • “energy source machine or material or machine that convert one type of energy to another”
  • “name of any water(solid, liquid, gas) source (salt + freshwater)”
  • “name of geological landscape (mountain, mountain range, dessert, cave, cliff, etc.)”
  • “any weapons from any ages”
  • “natural tourist attraction”
  • “any Deity (God or Godess) or any mythological creature that isn’t human from any mythology (except modern game mythology that isn’t base on any old mythology)”
  • “vehicle or any real life machine that can move and larger than human”
  • “sentence or phrase from any poem or philosophy quotes”
  • “any thing in E&P that isn’t heroes name” because we do “heroes name” in the first topic. (Fun fact : there is no X-start heroes name in E&P)

When add my previous topic ideas that isn’t used,

• “aquatic(marine + freshwater) creature”
  • “predator animal”
  • “parasitic creature”
  • “herbivore creature”
  • “extinct (real life) creature or paleontological period/event/continent”
  • “intangible object(noun)” “Intangible object” actually mean any noun word that intangible, for example, thought, sadness, etc.
  • “forum member name”

we will have total 20 unused ideas !!!

I think we will not run out of topic for pretty long time :smile:

1 Like

G

Kingdom of Ghana… which funnily enough, was not located where modern day Ghana is! It was instead located in parts of modern day Mali and Mauritania. (Although, modern day Ghana named itself after this empire).

It grew rich on trans-Saharan trade, which was helped by the introduction of camels.

2 Likes

@u2371 WOW! there are a lot here.

• “any green plant that its other parts beside fruit and seed are edible” (Note : any non-flowering plant or green algae that have any edible parts are counted since those parts aren’t fruit or seed) - IMO too narrow :slight_smile: does it have to be green? I guess I could list all the herbs I know, like rosemary and dill, but will struggle for others
  • “any gas substance” - hmmm not sure about this, but I think it’s fairly broad
  • “any liquid substance” – I would probably go Outside the Box and say things like Melted Ice Cream lol
  • “mineral, type of rock or gemstone” - definitely!
  • “energy source machine or material or machine that convert one type of energy to another” – hmmm could probably work if we’re a bit creative
  • “name of any water(solid, liquid, gas) source (salt + freshwater)” – I would also be creative with this. Faucets, pipes, lol
  • “name of geological landscape (mountain, mountain range, dessert, cave, cliff, etc.)” – if it includes proper names e.g. Mount Everest, then yes
  • “any weapons from any ages” - i think we did something like this before, so could work
  • “natural tourist attraction”
  • “any Deity (God or Godess) or any mythological creature that isn’t human from any mythology (except modern game mythology that isn’t base on any old mythology)” - I love this one
  • “vehicle or any real life machine that can move and larger than human” - sounds good
  • “sentence or phrase from any poem or philosophy quotes” - should work
  • “any thing in E&P that isn’t heroes name” because we do “heroes name” in the first topic. (Fun fact : there is no X-start heroes name in E&P) - should also work!

When add my previous topic ideas that isn’t used,

• “aquatic(marine + freshwater) creature”
  • “predator animal”
  • “parasitic creature”
  • “herbivore creature”
  • “extinct (real life) creature or paleontological period/event/continent”
  • “intangible object(noun)” “Intangible object” actually mean any noun word that intangible, for example, thought, sadness, etc.
  • “forum member name”
1 Like

Holy Roman Empire (Holy Roman Empire - Wikipedia)

No, this “green plant” mean “Viridiplantae - Wikipedia”. I don’t know that better word since “plant/plantae” can mean many specific group depend on concept (Plant - Wikipedia)

It don’t have to be green color or herb. For example, carrot also work.

I change these a bit to

• “anything that is gas or plasma”
  • “anything that is liquid”

to make it broader.

In plasma case, you can go with stars name since they are ball of plasma.

“Melted Ice Cream” work but “Melted (anything)” will be count as M-start

I change this a bit to

• “any energy source, material that use for energy source(e.g. oil) or anything that convert one type of energy to another”

to make it broader.

I change these a bit to

• “proper name of any water(solid, liquid, gas) source (salt + freshwater)”
  • “proper name of geological landscape (mountain, mountain range, dessert, cave, cliff, etc. but not water source, for example, lake, river)”

to make it more clear.

The initial idea of water source is proper name of lake, river, sea, gulf, etc. but I think let include something like faucets/pipe brand name will be more funnier :rofl:

Yes, Mt. Everest will be count as E-start.

1 Like

I

Idrija, Slovenia. Mercury was first found and mined there in year 1490, the historical sites there include old dwellings, mines, religious buildings and even a castle!

3 Likes

Japan. Feudal.

2 Likes

@akionna I think “Japan. Feudal.” can’t be counted as “Historical empires / cities / places / buildings” since “Feudal Japan” is era/period not empire. (History of Japan - Wikipedia)

It look like many people stuck at J-start, so I will do it.

Judah Kingdom or Kingdom of Judah (Kingdom of Judah - Wikipedia)

and Jerusalem (Jerusalem - Wikipedia), it have very long history.

1 Like

but Japan used to be an empire, no?

@u2371 @akionna

Well in any case we have two Js now

2 Likes

K

Kandy, an ancient capital of the kings’ era of Sri Lanka, home to the Temple of the Tooth, and a UNESCO World Heritage site

3 Likes

I have been travelling (holiday) this week and staying in some places with dodgy WiFi, so have only caught up on the discussion now.

I like the idea that we can reset after a few days if it is lagging…my suggestion is 3days.

I also like nontechnical topics as the norm, with the occasional technical one for variety. I don’t mind googling for one or two answers in a topic when they are difficult letters…X anyone?.. but not when we have to do it for most.
The topics where we are asking for opinions/ preferences/ favourites can involve everyone. For instance, my next suggested topic, since we haven’t had a music one for a while is a favourite piece of music/song… any genre from Classical to metal.

But back to empires

L…Lakota people ruled the Great Plains for almost 200 years ( and yes, I googled it, despite my previous comments)

4 Likes

Thanks for your input @PM229 ! Hope you’re having a nice holiday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Japan Empire or Empire of Japan is ok but “Japan. Feudal.” is not.

Lakota people can’t be counted because people is different from empire. However, Lakota territory is ok since it is a place.

I’m not sure if I can do M-start since I fix L-start.

Myinsaing Kingdom (Myinsaing Kingdom - Wikipedia)

and Mon kingdoms (Mon kingdoms - Wikipedia , Empires/Kingdoms of the World: Mon (Dvaravati))

(Dvaravati Kingdom is the first Mon Kingdom)

1 Like

have you turned into an auditing moderator @u2371 ? :stuck_out_tongue: haha just teasing. I know Feudal Japan and Empire of Japan are different, but I would be inclined to accept Japan for J…

3 Likes

Same for this, I would be inclined to count it… the game is meant to be fun after all :slight_smile:

so I would count @PM229 's L and your M

that gives me N…

N

Nan Midol, ruins in the Eastern part of Federated States of Micronesia, they were a ceremonial center for the Saudeleur dynasty.

4 Likes

Ottoman empire. Didn’t even have to look it up!

2 Likes

Prussia Kingdom (Prussia - Wikipedia)

(The Kingdom of Prussia in 1714)

:smile: In fact, I try to accept but “Feudal Japan” is actually F-start and it never be called “Japan Feudal”. That is why I can’t accept it anyway.

In this case, it fix it instead. To make it follow the rule. It is still @PM229 's but with my small fix :slightly_smiling_face:

My long post take too long time again :smile:

Ottoman Empire (Ottoman Empire - Wikipedia)

1 Like

Qin dynasty…China

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I will defer to your historical knowledge

R

Roman Empire… :wink:

3 Likes

Sukhothai Kingdom (อาณาจักรสุโขทัย) (Sukhothai Kingdom - Wikipedia)

and Siam (สยาม) old name of “Thailand” (Thailand - Wikipedia)

( Carte du royaume de Siam et des pays circonvoisins 1686 )

Little fix to Qin Empire (Qin dynasty - Wikipedia) :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. In fact, I know pretty more than normal people because I used to play “Age of Empires” game :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like