AtoZ Category Game - Part Deux

Quasars! In general. Quasar, it’s not just a Marvel comics super hero…

1 Like

Sounds like a Dr Who episode!

R- Red Giant Betelgeuse anyone?

2 Likes

Suns, solar systems, satellites (like, the moon kind)

1 Like

T is for Telletubies and the reset. Mew topic. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Ignoring a certain post…

How about transit as in transit of Venus, or telescope

3 Likes

The planet Uranus

@littleKAF , Teletubbies, really?

3 Likes

The planet Venus

2 Likes

warp speed

Can we actually do that yet?

2 Likes

X-rays.

2 Likes

YZ Ceti is a red dwarf star in the constellation Cetus. It has at least 3 Earth-size exoplanets. (YZ Ceti - Wikipedia)

@PM229 I think it sound like Stargate SG-1 episode more :smile:

@akionna I actually going to post X start but you post a minute before me. This is my X start.

XO-6b is a transiting exoplanet, a hot Jupiter, orbiting the star XO-6 in 2016 by the XO planet search team.

(Jupiter compared to XO-6b)

Another exoplanet Xi Aquilae b is (Xi Aquilae b - Wikipedia)

And near-Earth object image ( 1999 XS35 - Wikipedia )

@princess1 In fact, there are actually many W start astronomical object, for example

WD 1145+017 b is the smallest exoplanet we ever known. It orbiting the white dwarf star WD 1145+017. It is even smaller than Pluto. It is believed that it is small because it is very close the the host star (1.3% of distance between Mercury and the sun) and the heat from the host star vaporize it for a billion of year. ( WD 1145+017 b - Wikipedia )

WASP-12b is an hot jupiter orbiting the star WASP-12, discovered by the SuperWASP planetary transit survey. It is so dark that it absorb about 94% light. (WASP-12b - Wikipedia)

Wolf 1061c is the fifth closest known, potentially habitable, and confirmed exoplanet to Earth. (Wolf 1061c - Wikipedia)

And WR 102 is the hottest star ever known at 210000 K or about 36 times of the sun. (WR 102 - Wikipedia)

2 Likes

okay, so the next topic has to be about cats!

2 Likes

X

X-Ray Binary Stars. I’m not smart enough to explain them lol

https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/binary.html

2 Likes

Yuri Gagarin - 1st man in space

2 Likes

Let ignore the reset and mess up the order up a bit

Zeta Boötis is a binary star system in the constellation of Boötes. (Zeta Boötis - Wikipedia)

And the famous Zodiac (Zodiac - Wikipedia)

4 Likes

Oops… :cry:

It did get a bit messy lol.

A - Aegean

3 Likes

oops. I usually only look at the last post before mine, didn’t realize so many letters had been done… the bottom of your post had W, so without checking I assumed W was the last letter…

2 Likes

B- Bobcats. not house cats, but they are felines :wink:

3 Likes

Cheshire cat

2 Likes

Domestic Cat (Cat - Wikipedia)

2 Likes

Egyptian Mau (thanks to Google :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes