AtoZ Category Game - Part Deux

Meet The Parents … hilarious :rofl:

3 Likes

The Neverending story - a great movie for the whole family. How a child, can make the impossible, possible… If they just believe they have the power to do so.

2 Likes

An Officer and a Gentleman.

Classic, and excellent, “guy from tthe wrong side of the tracks makes good” film . Richard Gere and Louis Gossett Jr. are standouts.

2 Likes

Planet of the Apes

The original one. When it was first released it was before YouTube, trailers and the internet. Seeing the apes for the first time was thrilling and the ending was shocking!

2 Likes

Quiz Show.

Far better than it’s title suggests, it’s depicts a real life scandal about a rigged television quiz show. How the participants got duped/bribed and even threatened into throwing their matches.

A big :+1: from me.

2 Likes

Raiders of the Lost Ark

It’s why we go to the theatre!

2 Likes

Star Wars (the original film)

Sat in the cinema as a young lobster and that opening scene where the Imperial Destroyer comes into shot from the top of the screen…just awesome.

For that scene alone I’d put Star Wars in my top 10.

Edit: Honorable mentions for both Seven and Silence of the Lambs. Both excellent, if a little disturbing.

3 Likes

Pokemon THE first movie.

Another great classic movie

1 Like

Usual Suspects.

20 …

1 Like

Vice

I’m a political junkie.

1 Like

WALL-E!!!

Willow

Where The Red Fern Grows :cry:

WarGames

Tons more but I’ll stop there…

@princess1 I am also a political junkie myself, but delving into American politics means you have to be careful what you say…

People in other countries with less contentious politics can sit there over the dinner table and have a civil discussion.

“oh how about that so-and-so from the Blah party?”
“ehh he’s a nutter, I’m voting Meh in this election”
“Meh is okay, but I like Blah better”
“if you ask me, they’re both nutters and I don’t give a toot which one of those wankers wins”

In America:

“so how about those damned liberals and how they’re destroying the country?”
“damned liberals? the warmongering conservatives are the ones destroying the country”
“oh you’re one of ‘them’ are you?”
“and apparently you’re one of ‘them’?”
“well that’s it, I’m done here, I won’t spend one minute longer in the presence of your ilk.”
“oh no, don’t leave! I was so looking forward to listening to you spout uninformed nonsense!”
“yeah well you would know all about uninformed nonsense, wouldn’t you?”

Well… that certainly was a fun Thanksgiving dinner, as always. Maybe next year we should just all stay home and maybe not get together? Seriously… like not at all. Again. Ever. Because this whole experience was horribly unpleasant.

1 Like

X-Men

Ok but not one of my top ones but limited choices with this letter

2 Likes

Young Frankenstein … again, hilarious

2 Likes

Zombieland

Truly funny (and also believable) take on zombie apocalypse scenario.

1 Like

Next … caves of the world?

1 Like

Azokh. It’s a cave located in Europe

3 Likes

Burro Flats Painted Cave - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Cave of Crystals…

Warning: it’s beautiful but it’s deadly hot!

2 Likes

Devil’s Lair. Western Australia

Wonderful name!

3 Likes

Endless Caverns - Wikipedia

This is actually a great topic for the post, because there are actually tons of cave systems all across the globe. And they are quite cool (while also somewhat terrifying).

I have mixed feelings about them myself. I’ve visited several “tourist trap” type caves and caverns, and they are beautiful, but they also slightly trigger some of my phobias.

4 Likes