Atomos or Yunan for a green war tank?

I wish we would run into more heimdall and yunan tanks in war, slow tanks are always a relief

Would go atomos over yunan

1 Like

The second one. …

From my experience i would go with Atomos. When Yunan fires i can still win, if atomos fires i am done. He is faster, his skill is nastier and stronger and he has it in his DNA for what you need many emblems to on Yunan and then only 30% chance. And would emblem him, Kage is just a sniper, a good one of course, but more for offense imo.

Ever since they buff Atomos, I find him so much more dangerous. I vote for Atomos! Either with Yunan or Atomos, enemy can kill it with 3-4 tiles (mono of course, I know I know…) irregardless you max them with emblem or not. But if they have just average board, Atomos is sturdy enough to last and fire at least once. This is a bigger problem for enemy because; 1. Once Atomos fires, you can’t really kill him or you’ll risk reviving him; 2. Enemy’s mana pretty much on the brink, which means Atomos will hit like a truck.

With Yunan, enemy have longer time to play around and kill him off without him ever firing. Enemy has to have a below average board to lose, where as with average board, Atomos could still punish the enemy’s team.

1 Like

10-7 on defense in the last 4 days. Troops are average, he is pretty good on offence as well, atomos. Is close, you can t go wrong with either

1 Like

Well, I dunno which raid arena you guys are lurking, but in the mid and high Diamond arena, one may encounter a Yunan or 2 as regular raid tank, but I have never ever seen an Atomos tanking. That experience tells me that Atomos is not favored as tank. Maybe because the barbarian emblems are best used by those players to their Gravemakers, Kageburados and Black Knights. Fighter emblems however, if they dont have Telluria or Heimdall, are spent on Yunan if they have the sole Sand nature legendary hero, though Fighter emblems are also ideal to Kingston, Killhare, Delilah, even BT IMHO.

4 Likes

Low diamond I see the odd Atomos. Not often at tank though. Haven’t had trouble with him except in those circumstances where you’d have trouble with anybody.

I’d drop my vote here for Yunan.

He has over 900 base defense when emblemed, and over 1.5k HP, not to mention that he also has a revive (30%, but still)

Faced Atomos tank a few times, way too squishy. The fact that his revive can be dispelled doesn’t help.

That does make sense

Think I’d probly emblem sesh or sartana and put barbs on atomos if i had no telluria

But that’s just me

3 Likes

Thanks for all the insights and replies! I think I may have to go with Yunan, because of emblems. Since 3 of my unique 5*s that I plan to level are barbs, it doesn’t exactly make sense to level a tank who would need those emblems as well. While I can only put 7 talents on Yunan I think when I max him (I’ll reset my poor Boldie, although he has costume bonus at least), they will definitely help in the long run. I won’t lie, the novelty of having a seasonal as a tank is a plus as well (yay EHTs last month). In a vacuum I may have gone Atomos, but emblem conflicts say Yunan.

2 Likes

I’ve encountered few Atomos tank with 18 emblems as tank at 2500 cup level. Should have taken some videos with it!

Depending on your war depth, I still have max emblem for BT! War depth has higher priority for me than raid defense. Currently for fighter I have max BT emblem and Magni at 15.

Yes, raid defense isn’t too big a deal. However I’d like to put a strong war defense for my alliance.

I see. Unfortunately, I don’t hover that cup range. I usually land at around 2600ish cups when I woke up in the morning after the raiders and revengers have pillaged me overnight for 300-400 cups.

I will vote for Atomos if you don’t have any other Barbarian Hero on defense like GM.

Yunan is fine but he is slow. And easily got counter with Grazul / Malosi.

Atomos hit quite hard actually and with Average speed now, he is quite decent Hero.

1 Like