Atomos – New Atlantis Hero: First Thoughts & Discussion

Even my dog appealed to @Petri Dish to have Atomos reworked.

Albeit his canine charms and good looks, we got no response from Helsinki. :sob:

5 Likes

Nope, there isn’t one…we tried and tried

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, a single unleveled Atomos may be the best way to hold cups. People looking to fill chests will avoid it, and everyone else will be too embarrassed to take a team against him…

I dunno, LOL I’m not scared of him…I’ve faced a few as tank and a couple on the wing and it’s been a total wipeout each time

Nono…just one 1/1 Atomos in the middle of the field, and that’s it…No other heroes.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I can’t even imagine seeing that

1 Like

Just met my first Atomos+3 on flank and he was not bad. All the whining is unfounded. Atomos was last man standing. He hits hard, if you’re highly charged and if not, like Zimi and rezzes at decent health.

Because I have Atomos, I wish they’d bump his speed to average, make resurrect undispellable, increase his damage a little bit.

He is so bad that by doing all above it’ll still not make him OP (I think). More people will use him, the game will have more variety, more people will have fun - should increase the longevity of the game. I’m no expert so these are just my thoughts about Atomos.

I’m glad to hear positive things about Atomos. My question is how good is this lineup in particular if replaced with other HOTMs? Just wondering if it’ll be a harder team to beat or not.

1 Like

His rez takes 2 tiles to kill post rez or one skill use. Because his ability drops when he dies it makes it nearly impossible for him to fire a second time.

On contrast when Alby or MN revive someone that person is revived with a heal and often with full mana (because if you tiled them to death they probably charged). That is what makes their revives so powerful.

If atomos was revived with 50% mana, kept the ressurection buff upon death, and the buff was undispellable, he would be in the proper place I feel.

The above changes leave him slow, dont make him a huge threat, but if he fires you become unable to kill him for 5 turns no matter what you throw at him. This requires you to play around him and gives him value as a slow hero.

The 50% mana gain on revive adds punishment to killing him while his skill is up allowing him to fire in 6 tiles. His damage isnt and shouldnt be the focus, work on his utility to give value to him as a slow hero.

2 Likes

Forgot to add, subsequent casts would need to not reset his revive counter, firing while the counter is down would put it back up for 5 turns. This prevents him from becoming an unkillable demigod.

1 Like

Here is a good night with using a full Atlantis team for raid defense.

Just thought I would show this, not because I think it shows Atomos is viable, but because people seriously underestimate a 3900 team with 2 epic heroes.

Atomos still needs fixed this was just a good night of people hitting me that put me over 2600 trophies and was pretty amusing.

5 Likes

what you really meant to say is that Evelyn makes other green heros shine, and that zimkittys attack buff and Magni’s armour buff both works. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have a team I use for AW attack (only) that I call “Ape in Atlantis”. It consists of Wu Kong, Ariel, Wilbur, Gaderius and Proteus. “If” I live long enough to proc both Wu and Wil, it’s game over as tile damage just completely annihilates (sometimes in breathtakingly WTH just happened levels) the opposing team. I have Atomos waiting in the wings, and the mats to max him, I just can’t justify in any way replacing Gaderius with him or using such insanely valuable and hard to come by mats on a C hero. Which is sad mind you, because there is absolutely nothing special about Gaderius and the only real reason he is there is for the family defense buff. I’m hoping changes are made to Atomos to remedy this sad situation, but it could be months before we see it even if we ever do.

1 Like

I have Atomos 3/70. MUGGY 3/50 is more efficient than ATOMOS. It’s sad to have such a 5 * hero.

2 Likes

I’m sad to say this but I got Atomos last Atlantis pull and he definitely disappoints. Hopefully he’ll get a tweak at some point.

I took him to 2/60, but as he stands, I can’t see any reason to use unfarmable resources to take him any further.
He can be downright vicious on defense in a rush rules tournament with very fast speed though. Got my backside kicked thoroughly by him there… but a single good usage case for Atomos is still not enough for me to level him further when I have more versatile heroes waiting.

2 Likes

So I just fought an atomos tank. And even then his resurrection backfired hilariously. On his turn of resurrection I got a cascade and they all got ghosted in the middle. Every one of my characters gained a heck of a lot of mana on that turn and proceed to sweep the entire team.

1 Like

Dear SGG staff, beloved developers…

I just got this brand new Forum Title attached to my beautiful Forum Existence… now, more than EVER, I need you to rework Atomos.

Let’s make him great so people don’t think I’m just being punished for being a troublemaker. Please?

I promise to run him as my tank if you improve the guy!

Lest the joke get lost, here’s the title in question (added by mod):

20190630_130358

6 Likes

Atomos is so good he makes Thorne viable. :joy:

4 Likes