Atomos – New Atlantis Hero: First Thoughts & Discussion

Atomos is like throwing axes at enemies… 200 dmg poop after collecting 4 x 3 tiles.
His animation is going like

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Beep Beep
Beep Beep
Beep Beep
Beep Beep
Beep Beep

200 dmg :smiley: what? dispellable, slow, very low dmg, need to have full mana on enemy side like the worst of worst attributes in game collected together and thrown on the champ.
Change to something similar like he was in beta, damaging enemies, average speed, reduce their heal, give team member heal over time - design was good stats were just too strong, make them acceptable and its all good.

1 Like

I’m up to 15 tonics now and Atomos is the only 5* Green Hero I’ve gotten from a year of playing. But I have Ariel. RNGesus is a fickle god.

I think I’ll take him up to 4/80 anyways. He’ll be useful for a stack in war as is, I’m not holding my breath for a rework. shrug

1 Like

I tend to agree @Cate It’s often better to just play the “cards we’re dealt” rather than wait around for something better to come along.

3 Likes

And Princess KNOWS how hard I’ve been trying for another green 5*!

1 Like

Use the Matt’s on Atomis if you have no other greens… you’ll immediately get a couple more when you do lol

3 Likes

Mok-ar is alright if your stacking purples, Id never use him in any other scenario but to say he’s in the same class as Atomos is not really fair…They are both niche heros and I have them both. Would use both of them over Thorne or Thoth

1 Like

I have 2x poseidon and 1 atomos even tho i was pulling around 80 pulls for ariel only xd

1 Like

Id never use him in any other scenario

Yep, thats why i say he is one of the worst heroes. The number of cases where he could be useful is so low that he definitely does not worth the mats. If his inability to hit purple enemies was removed, and the extra dmg against holy allies tweaked he could be somewhat useful though still very niche. A hero for 5stacking? His whole concept is errorous i think. Building a hero that is only good for 5stack is like creating a hero against the S2 level bosses. Yeah can be useful but cannot do anything that another hero can not (with more versatility and without the huge downsides). In the topic about him a listed a few ideas how his usefulness could be increased (f. ex.: changing his special to a single target or giving him some kind of elemental debuff, yeah in that case i would use him for titans), but i still think in his current state he is simply not good enough to be ascended. You compare him to Thoth and Thorne, really? An S2 5* to a TC20 and one of the oldest HOTMs? If those are the the points of comparison, then something is terribly wrong here. Both Atomos and the shark are S2 5*s they should not be in the league of a TC20 or an old HOTM, they are in the league of Kage, Inari, Mitsuko, Ariel, Tarlak or Poseidon. They are new generation heroes, and if they can only be compared to tc20 and old HOTMs then it means something don’t you think?

So, after using Atomos with a full Atlantis family for a few weeks, here’s what I can definitively say about him and using him with the full Atlantis family for the defense boost.

Assuming you’re running Ariel, Poseidon, Proteus, Triton, Atomos, and regardless of how you arrange them, you’ll be lucky to stay over 2400 trophies.

Several problems come in to play and some of it is to be expected I guess.

1. You’ve got two 4* heroes in the lineup, one with a dot damage plus mana control, and the other with a single target snipe that’s relatively weak plus the heal bonus. So that alone should set expectations that your team isn’t going to be sitting at 2500 trophies on defense.

2. If the offense team can take out Poseidon, you’re finished. Triton isn’t killing anyone.

3. With the exception of the mana control from Proteus, which can be wasted since it will probably target the worst hero or a hero on the wing making it only hit two targets or less, you have no ability to lower enemy attack or defense and nothing to boost your teams attack or defense.

4. Using the above team on defense for wars has never once taken the enemy more than one flag to win.

5. For raid defense, the team loses 2 out 3 times or worse. Once in a while, I might see a few wins, but I’m chalking that up to just a really really bad board for the offense.

6. Atomos’ damage is simply too weak. His defense and health are relatively weak as well (given his slow mana). It’s so easy to kill him and there’s absolutely no fear of hitting him with non-damaging tiles (i.e. 3-2, 4-1, 5-0, etc.). Every other 5* slow hitter does so much more damage or has a really powerful secondary ability (defense debuff, attack debuff, counter attack, dot damage, etc.).

7. The 20% defense boost for using the full Atlantis family seems to make no difference at all (based on raid and war defense experience).

8. Using him offensively really brings nothing valuable to the table. If you stack green, you’d be better off bringing Little John and spending a few emblems to up his health/defense. Better damage and better secondary.

9. For missions/quests, the waves before the boss don’t have any heroes with a mana pool, so Atomo’s damage is simply horrible there. On the final wave, only the boss has a mana pool, so Atomos is worthless to bring there as well.

So at the end of the day, Atomos is a pile of crap and the position is based on weeks of using him at 4.80 in lots of situations and even investing some emblems in him.

For my defense team, I replaced him with Gadrius and am seeing way better results.

11 Likes

In my last post I mentioned that I swapped out Atomos for Gadrius and defense wins has been way better.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! It’s one situation where I’m sorry to be proven right.

Incidentally. This looks like it should be Post #48 of the “Fix Atomos” thread.

1 Like

Gadeirus at lvl 10 is a really tough tank already, with family bonus he might be nasty as thornes are giving him quite a lot of HP.

Try this lineup: Ariel-Poseidon-Gadeirus-Triton-Proteus. But those 4* would have to be buffed with emblems, especially Gadeirus. This setup would stay above 2500 no problem.

Getting back to Atomos, this is just an absurd that 4* heroes are way more useful than this crap.

2 Likes

So spoke with @Philip702 as he’s maxed his atomos. He was kind enough to let me post his team, has a 10% defense boost for poseiden Ariel and the green thingy.

As discussed, I still think he’s not worth mats but having this lineup has kept him in diamond.

In wars, Atomos on flank seems more effective.

Digress but what if you inserted proteus for hel in lineup to get 15% defense? Now I’m really hoping for an atomos fix so I can run this minus GM (who knows… Maybe I’ll have a GM by time if they fix the green thingy.

1 Like

And it will take ages for SG to fix him.
For info, changing his stats in the code takes 5 minutes. -_- you just have to change values.
But it’s the beta testing that takes time.
This hero wasn’t even tested by beta testers. And got featured like that. This is a big mistake from the devs.

It’s an s2 hero, it’s supposed to be slightly stronger than s1 5*.
I dont know if we can help to really move things. But i really want this hero to not be wasted.

2 Likes

Another fun quirk regarding Atomos’ special: if he casts it and kills himself through riposte, because the buff is the second part of the special, he dies immediately and can’t apply it to revive.

This actually isn’t entirely unexpected, but was entertaining to witness nonetheless.

3 Likes

This is inaccurate. Atomos did go through beta.

1 Like

I have just faced an Atomos in war, he could use his special but when i saw the damage numbers i had to laugh. He dealt from 170-270 dmg each hero, i did not even have to heal after his attack. He revived once but i killed him instantly again so it was like fighting a team with 4 heroes

2 Likes

Every time I see this thread bumped I check it out just to see if someone figured out some awesome, magical use for Atomos! :rofl:

4 Likes

Laughter is supposed to be the best medicine. :wink:

1 Like

untrue, proven by how much we all laugh at Atomos and he is not fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like