Atomos – New Atlantis Hero: First Thoughts & Discussion

So, after using Atomos with a full Atlantis family for a few weeks, here’s what I can definitively say about him and using him with the full Atlantis family for the defense boost.

Assuming you’re running Ariel, Poseidon, Proteus, Triton, Atomos, and regardless of how you arrange them, you’ll be lucky to stay over 2400 trophies.

Several problems come in to play and some of it is to be expected I guess.

1. You’ve got two 4* heroes in the lineup, one with a dot damage plus mana control, and the other with a single target snipe that’s relatively weak plus the heal bonus. So that alone should set expectations that your team isn’t going to be sitting at 2500 trophies on defense.

2. If the offense team can take out Poseidon, you’re finished. Triton isn’t killing anyone.

3. With the exception of the mana control from Proteus, which can be wasted since it will probably target the worst hero or a hero on the wing making it only hit two targets or less, you have no ability to lower enemy attack or defense and nothing to boost your teams attack or defense.

4. Using the above team on defense for wars has never once taken the enemy more than one flag to win.

5. For raid defense, the team loses 2 out 3 times or worse. Once in a while, I might see a few wins, but I’m chalking that up to just a really really bad board for the offense.

6. Atomos’ damage is simply too weak. His defense and health are relatively weak as well (given his slow mana). It’s so easy to kill him and there’s absolutely no fear of hitting him with non-damaging tiles (i.e. 3-2, 4-1, 5-0, etc.). Every other 5* slow hitter does so much more damage or has a really powerful secondary ability (defense debuff, attack debuff, counter attack, dot damage, etc.).

7. The 20% defense boost for using the full Atlantis family seems to make no difference at all (based on raid and war defense experience).

8. Using him offensively really brings nothing valuable to the table. If you stack green, you’d be better off bringing Little John and spending a few emblems to up his health/defense. Better damage and better secondary.

9. For missions/quests, the waves before the boss don’t have any heroes with a mana pool, so Atomo’s damage is simply horrible there. On the final wave, only the boss has a mana pool, so Atomos is worthless to bring there as well.

So at the end of the day, Atomos is a pile of crap and the position is based on weeks of using him at 4.80 in lots of situations and even investing some emblems in him.

For my defense team, I replaced him with Gadrius and am seeing way better results.

11 Likes