šŸ”± Atomos ā€“ 5* Nature/Green from Season 2

Heā€™s terrible. Fix him please

1 Like

I just pulled ATOMOS!? He looks interesting, anyone got any good info. about this 5* Green Hero (Atlantis Rises)?

When i faced him on Atlantis hard It was a challange !

He is a lot harder to face as an opponent in Atlantis than as a hero in raids/war. Just time your attacks for when his special runs out.

1 Like

One of the best 5* when we take GM Kageburado Ranvir and him into consideration. He takes place number 4 without any doubts.

1 Like

That is to say leave him unleveled.

Tyr is what Atomos should have been.

3 Likes

Ha, I see what you did there!

1 Like

Atomo is the first 5* I seriously considered feeding away to Telly. Heā€™s still there in my roster for now because of the extremely faint hope that Hero Academy might maybe do something, but thatā€™s it. Heā€™ll forever be at 1/1 and Iā€™m not wasting a single ham or 1* feeder on this pile of steaming garbage.

Atomos also made me realize you can feel disappointed, angry even at pulling a legendary. :rofl:

4 Likes

The funny thing is that when the Resurrection mechanic first came in, it was with Atomos. And It seems that when the devs have to evaluate new abilities, they will rather overkill it than risk it being completly broken*. And work upwards with future heroes.

Tyr is a wonderful example imho, of a hero with an ability that when it first came out it was valued by the devs extremely high (hence Atomos was change to a Berserker class and I belive some other change on him as well, some veteran forum user may remember it better). Now we can see the actual ā€œvalueā€ the devs give to single ressurrection (and we can see that is leaps and bounds much, much lower evaluated nowadays).

*I can understand the fear of releasing something new and have it do a snowball effect on many aspects of the game that werent calculated. And while there are precedents of nerfs going on after a Hero was live, they obviously dont want to set a record, of changing stuff for the ā€œworstā€ after ppl pay for them. But it doesnt take away the fact that it sucks for said heroes to be stack in the limbo of trash tier because of this.

1 Like

40 pull looking for Clarissa or GM, got my second Atomosā€¦ my only hope is to be able to sacrifice him in the hero academy and get something more useful (fingers crossed).

I would actually trade him for 10 1* feeders :rofl:

1 Like

The resurrection mechanic was first introduced with Alberich. Atomos was the first to do it on himself. I get that they didnā€™t want to make him too powerful but he is feeble compared to the Atomos you encounter in Atlantis. Iā€™m sure there are ways to use him effectively in the right combinations but i donā€™t have him to play with.

A fellow alliance mate made it to #3 globally with an Atomos tank but I donā€™t remember the rest of his defense.

Well I have not played him but

Pro

• 5 turns are long time. Possibly you could fire him another time in that 5 turns
  • damage on full mana enemy seems to be okay

Contra

• one mana class too slow to be scary
  • painful low damage with 150%, thats just a shame

Still worst hero in the game for me due to horrible mana speed.

And please stop taunting mokarr. I use him on 3 70 and as average hero he is okay and does damage you can rely on (no gambling, no manabased ā– ā– ā– ā– ). :wink:

3 Likes

Atomos was my first, and for a long time only, Atlantis 5*. I pulled him when he first came out, over a year ago, and he is still sitting in my roster at 1.1, looking cool but not actually doing anything.

I get that he might be useful in a stack etc, but one thing he isnā€™t good for at all is defence. I had the pleasure of facing an Atomos tank this morning in the tournament (5* buff booster, no purple). I used 3-2 green-yellow, because there were two blues on his team and my yellows are fast. He was toast long before he got near firing (boards were reasonable but not amazing). They also had Onatel on left wing, to which I can only say, if you have a perfectly good Onatel with emblems and everything, and no purple enemies, why oh why wouldnā€™t you tank with her? Is cup dropping in tournaments now a thing?!

What were their troops like? Iā€™ve seen some pretty crazy teams with lv 1 common villagers :rofl: which I think happens if you enter the tourney but donā€™t select a defense team, so the AI does it for you automatically. Wonder if it was the case there.

Troops were decent, 10 - 12 (except the second blue which was only at level 2). I think youā€™re right, the way they were lined up looked like strongest to weakest which is the way the AI pops them in. Thereā€™s definitely a lesson here. And one of those lessons is, donā€™t tank with Atomos if you have any other option for the role.

Seriously, Iā€™d like to like Atomos. Surely it canā€™t be difficult to give him some relatively modest tweaks to become much more effective; there have been loads of reasonable-sounding suggestions to that end. Is it really wise for SG to keep a few heroes around who everyone knows to be sub-standard, so we have something to sneer at? It doesnā€™t seem healthy to me, but there could be some kind of marketing psychology behind it.

Finally Atomos got fixed. He deserve now the title Immortal Annihilator !

9 Likes

Finally! I had him stuck at 3/70 for the longest time. Might take that next leap with him now. Would this make him a viable tank?

1 Like

Well then. Weā€™re living in a whole new world now! That speed change is MAJOR, and I think that alone does more for him than the other changes. Iā€™ve had him sitting untrained, taking care of Peters and Kingston #2 before him. Honestly, it seemed before that Iā€™d be better off training a second Berden than one Atomos, ha! But now I must re-consider . . .

Poll Update

Following the massive re-balancing that Atomos underwent, I have reset the polls in this thread.

4 Likes