Atlantis Families, fact or fiction?

Running mono team in rare event give better chance to get score as high as possible (with luck). So I don’t think they will ditch mono for family bonus.

2 Likes

Kind of defies the point of having families in the first place dont you think?

I think a family set should have more of a definite benefit. The idea is good but it can use a bit of a buff in my opinion.

The new family set in beta (challenge event heroes) have better family bonus than S2 heroes. I think family bonus can work well in defense, for example: Ariel, Ursena, Poseidon, and Atomos, it will give +15% defense. Its unfortunate there are no complete 5* of each different color, except in wonderland family (not implemented yet).

I don’t think they are good for attacking, I’ll still use 3-2 combination instead of rainbow.

3 Likes

A combination of wonderland rainbow 5*:
White Rabbit
The Hater
Queen of Heart
Alice
Jabberwocky

Will give +12% mana regeneration and +20% critical chance.

1 Like

Now your talking my language.

I think they missed the bus with families to begin with. I’ve seen many hero’s buffed and nerfed but I think the family concept needs an overhaul, give it the prestige it deserves game of thrones style.

It worked for the Jackson five and house stark so why not? LoL!

1 Like

Interesting idea, though I don’t think it is doable with Lagoon (who would use Mok-Arr?) or Sakura (they only had yellow, purple, and red).

• Atlantis Family have no red hero.
  • Wonderland Family have complete rainbow 5*.
  • Knight Family don’t have purple 5* but Merlin is a great purple 4*.
  • Pirate Family have no yellow hero.
  • Guardian Family have no blue hero.
  • Fable Family have no yellow/green 5* but Gretel and Hansel are great yellow/green 4*.

I think so.

2 Likes

I often use my second Proteus, Triton, and Gadeirus as the foundation for one of my War hits.

I like the 10% boost to Defense to get a little more survivability out of them by using them together instead of separately.

That’s one of the few times I make particularly intentional use of Family Bonuses so far, though.

4 Likes

Reminds me of this related conversation:

6 Likes

I prefer it to stay in this kind of useless way if it was very powerful its just another boost to super spenders who are already getting the benefits of having a large number of very hard to obtain heroes

I got gade and agwe but after seeing that most don’t rate them well I put them on back burner.

I got anzogh as well and a lot of peeps said same thing BUT I did see a video by Ninty where he ran a team of four reds with ranvir I think and anzogh maxed with emblems was impressive teamed up with Wilbur BT and the red guardian hero. That changed my opinion of the orc instantly.

I digress, the fact is I think the family concept could and should bring a impact especially if all five are together in a team. Make it worth actually wanting to get a family.

1 Like

I have seen Gobbler 4/70+15 tank in tournament. :rofl:

I would love to fight that defense… especially as I run a lot off attack with 3 purple heroes (Proteus, Rigard, & Sabina seems goodd to counter Mok-Arr and Wilbur)…

They are all hit 5, that will be trouble in case of bad board though.

1 Like

Danzaburo…

Where do I begin with him lol.

Is he actually worth levelling at all?

Exactly my point!

Gobbler as a hero should munch our heads off.

Great hero idea but not enough to make him the swamp thing he deserves to be.

Muggy is the big surprise for me. His special is unique.

1 Like

The bonus of challenge event family are way better than S2 family…

Actually, I was reffering to those challenge event family, seems a bit too powerful… Atlantis family need more diversity…

i know and I’ve said there that they are too powerful

2 Likes

Yes… as current state:

S2 Family lack diversity (only 3 4* and 3 5* heroes, except atlantis which have additional Ursena)
Challenge Event family seems too powerful compared to S2.

What feedback does the beta testers give to developers? @zephyr1 @Garanwyn

Hence my raising of the question of families.

I think S3 could roll out with a tweak to atlantean families to give S2 more depth and actually inspire players to pull for family sets. As it stands most people do Atlantis pulls just to get a shot at past Hotm’s.

That defeats the concept of the portal completely.

May as well make an extra unique pull like elemental portal but specifically for Hotm junkies and charge them 400 a pull. Hotm’s rock don’t get me wrong but they steaI Poseidon’s show slightly I feel…

I always use Wilbur and Agwe. Together with Wu Kong (and Kiril and QoH) it’s a fun combo :slight_smile: Agwe deals enough damage then, WHEN Wu and Wil fired before.

2 Likes

It’s been diverse.

Observations about some Families seeming overpowered and others underpowered have been made.

And observations about the practical usability (and obtainability) of heroes in the same Family have been made.

So similar to some of the initial thoughts in this thread. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I use the family bonus for War hits on offence. Cage ghost girl Danzuburo Inari and the red guy. The mana boost is awesome. I just choose my opponent well and have been very successful. The monkey boy is awesome fully maxed ( I have emblemed). One of the most under rated 4* in the game. People just get frustrated when leveling him. Ariel Proteus Triton I use to a lesser extent as well. This is usually against 4K plus defences as well.

Cookie Settings