đŸ€ș Athos – 5* Nature / Green from Brave Musketeers

Yep exactly. The minions are by far the biggest annoyance/threat, as any ailments you put on the center trio they’ll just reflect right back at you the next turn.

With those annoying beefy minions gone, cKiril can easily flip the berserk, and any dispel-3 such as Frida/Evelyn/Onyx can then get rid of the HoT as well.

That being said, if you have Frida, cKiril+Frida allows cSkadi to reliably destroy those minions (maybe Frida alone is enough, haven’t tested, and is a good way to use her minions against her.

In fact my M&M team always have cKiril-cSkadi-Alucard as staples, with the remaining two slots changing depending on the rest of the team.

Certainly this is the most difficult part

I know people are saying that snipers are just not great in this meta, I disagree. For me, there are time I just need a target gone. To have someone like nemesis that hits nasty hard in 6 tiles is awesome. I’ve been using her quite a bit and could see use for this guy. I almost have him at 3/70. Leveling him slowly so it may be a while before I can comment but I think he looks good. Cheers!

5 Likes

A sniper that can shot in 6 is always useful

I use Khonshu and C Kage in my team and they are incredible

So I would use Athos or Kai as green snipers or Nemesis as yellow

As you said, sometimes you need to get rid of an specific target and they do it well

Yep exactly. He hits about as hard as Lianna+CB+LB+20 but at vf and with incredibly useful secondaries. What’s not to like?

Ha that’s exactly what I do, pair Athos with Kai and whatever target is hit is 100% dead (dodge/evade/revive aside)

OT: does anyone else find it kinda funny his special animation is a literal pistol firing?

He is a good supporting sniper in a 3-2 stack. Pairing with Toxicandra. Usually there is one opponent with less than 50% HP from tile damage, Athos can eliminate that target quickly before he/she cast. The minion effect doesn’t do much in my opinion. Usually when the opponent has more than 2 minions, good luck winning or it will require a more powerful minion removal hero. Single target doesn’t do much.

The plus mana also doesn’t help much, 2 minions are less than 50% mana, which means you can’t max with just 1 match. So what’s the point. Athos needs buff on the minion mana gain to 25%.

4 Likes

The most op god in the entire game new meta very fast hero one shot any hero gg

I guess Phileas Fogg can just go off around the world again and take the occasional call when he’s needed for titans or some such.

sigh

1 Like

I think Fogg is still the best green sniper in the game.

Well
 comparing sniping ability first and foremost

Athos

• Base stats 843/725/1553 (before emblems, LB)
  • Damage 470%, destroying minions first and bypassing defense buffs
  • Very Fast
  • other stuff: free mana from destroying minions, Cover, retaliation family bonus

Phileas Fogg

• Base stats 832/727/1339
  • Damage 420%, dispelling first
  • Fast
  • other stuff: EDD, reduced special damage first 3 hits, Underwild gem thingy

In terms of pure sniper, Athos hits faster (even not counting free mana), hits for a higher % with a slightly higher base attack stat, wipes minions first, but bypasses rather than dispels defense buffs.

In terms of utility, Fogg dispels (and not just defense buffs) and does EDD, but both of those matter more against targets that aren’t going to be outright killed off by sniping (e.g. titans, major bosses).

—That is, dispelling or tagging EDD doesn’t matter against targets that Athos can just kill outright.

3 Likes

What about bringing them both, Athos and Fogg out in a green 3/2 stack? Think they could get along just fine, being the gentlemen they are. Don’t think Athos is capable of 1 shot a opponent with full health.

1 Like

They’d probably work decently together - I mean, it’s not like I don’t regularly bring multi-sniper teams myself (yes, yes, it’s what I have)

though I will say that, in my experience, at least much of the time a sniper’s job isn’t to bring down a hero from full, it’s to bring down an opposing hero who’s already battered by tile damage and/or by an allied hero who’s already hit 3/hit all/applied DD.

(This is one reason that, say, Khonshu is so powerful: not that he takes down an opponent from 100% or 150% hp, but that he is a powerful finisher and that when he does finish an enemy he can fire again in a single match-3!)

2 Likes

to put some numbers to that, just taking into account the mana speed, attack stat, and attack bonus, Athos does about 151% as much damage as Fogg.
The comparison gets even worse when you consider the elimination of minions-as-temporary-hit-points, and the fact that there are some defenses that are undispellable (e.g. Krampus’s, dispel blockers, etc).

Fogg may still be better on color stack teams, but individually? Against a minion heavy team? You can get Athos down to a 3 minion + 2 tile recharge.

2 Likes

Must be nerfed. Wth??? Very fast and insane damage? Then what about Malosi, Margaret??
So huge power difference in this game.
You are nerfing winter family minions hp and attack but M&M still pain in the ■■■.
People are complaining non stop. Cuz there is no balance anymore.

2 Likes

I got all hero in the game and i agree i also have oniwakamaru at 3/70 never lost a raid lol

The OP is adjusted with February balance updates.

1 Like

Just pulled Athos when the event began. Pretty stoked to have someone who can fire immediately after Fogg, with me no longer having to wait for Frigg, Quinell or Vainamoinen to fire 2 turns later.

2 Likes

Got mine today :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Very happy indeed to have pulled this hero - very fast speed snipers are always welcome and he will get a lot of use :grinning:

1 Like

Pulled Athos as well. He looks nice, maybe after El Naddah is maxed

3 Likes