At a loss with war

That makes sense. Thank you.

Definitely take a look for a more helpful alliance where you can learn and get hints/tips from other players.

Also raid as much as possible to learn what playstyle works for you and which of your heroes work together well. Dont worry at all about wins/ losses and not necessarily opening numerous raid chests a day the experience gained in team building will be better for the time being than an extra bear banner here or there from loot (disclaimer: there are other crappy rewards available :thinking: :upside_down_face: )

For some thatā€™s mono, for others it might be 3-2 or 3-1-1 etc experiment and decide what works best for you and what you feel comfortable with set up wise.

So below are my war teams. Iā€™ve spent a long time building them and ignore the shiny heroā€™s, less shiny did the same job, I just replaced them as time went on.

The main reason for showing is the synergy Iā€™ve aimed for. Each team has a healer and then Iā€™m trying to bring heroes that buff, debuff, cleanse etc etc.

The blue team works with C.Kiril bringing a heal and a defence down and an attack down. C.Grimm buffs the attacks of Finley and Glenda and Glenda bring a minion walll and cleanse along with her hit 3. She then buffs Lepus hit.

Of course I play mono and I take the risks with the rewards. Iā€™m tasked with punching the big guns so Iā€™m just going for 6 1 shots but when Iā€™m choosing opponents Iā€™m trying to find the ones I feel a team is best suits to. We get a lot of green tanks so Iā€™ll aim for a Heimdall tank with my mono blue as that gives me a bit more time to get in the game if I get a bad start. I wouldnā€™t go after a Frigg team with it as at Fast she will punish me quickly if I donā€™t get a decent start.

Each team plays a little differently. Green & Yellow have slow healers so they come into the game at a different point to the Red, Purple and Blue healers.

Not everyone likes mono though and I used to play 3-2 before I moved up the leagues so to speak. Then itā€™s a case of working out how that will structure. Should the 3 be more offence oriented and the 2 more support oriented? Youā€™ll only start to get a feel once you start to play around with teams and start to get them doing what you want them to.

Good luck working it out thoughā€¦the synergy part is the best bit imho :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Even though I uninstalled the game in January to focus on school, Iā€™m super jealous of your shiny 5 stars. That being said it is important for less experienced players to note that you still use at least 1 4 star per team (mostly for that color defense down). They keep their usefulness, if you can build a team to their strengths.

It is not that you will get less points from the attack but at the end of the war, your alliance might have less points compared to the opponent (lost the war).

For example, if you can only beat defenses with power 100 below your attack teams while your opponent can beat defenses with power 400 above their attack team, who is likely to win? Your opponent.

Each war attacks, the defenses I attack have 200-600 more power than my attack team. On average, 5 out of 6 result in successful attack.

If you have a lot of heroes with elemental links (HotM) or elemental debuffer (such as Panther, Frida, Falcon, Almur, Jackal, etc), you can try mono. If not, try 3-2 or 4-1 or 3-1-1, with at least 2 healers of different colors.

Well with shiny 5* comes a not so shiny wallet :rofl: Iā€™m not spending whale money but Iā€™m spending enough that puts it out reach of some. But I have no Ninjas, no Avalon, no Xmas, No Villians. The game requires a lot more of my funds to guarantee them and Iā€™m not going above my budget.

But in regards to the 4* they have a place still. If you can emblem them they can go toe to toe for a bit to deliver there special. But in my alliance thereā€™s people who massively rate and still use Mist, Caedmon, all the healers, Gormek and in rush wars Littlejohn. There will be others but the point is they still have a use. Until fairly recently my Purple team had C.Tibs & Quintus in it. Little old unloved Quintus but heā€™s dynamite when he follows C.Tibs with an attack up from C.Rigard. Synergy makes a huge difference.

Good luck with school though!

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to give specific advice without seeing your roster, so hereā€™s some generic ones.

I think the most important thing is for you to figure out what your raiding style is. Do you prefer to go rainbow where you will always have tiles to damage and charge your heroes? Or maybe mono so that those colored tiles do more damage and you only need to worry about matching those colors? Or a 3-1-1 stack which is like the middle-ground of the two?

How many healers do you bring when raiding? Are you aggressive and just go with attack to finish as soon as possible, or you prefer to play safe with 2 healers to increase the survivability of your team.

What works best for others might not be the one for you. Use all your friendly match flags to practice against your alliance mates. If youā€™re not worried about cups and raid arena level, you can use your raid flags to practice as well.

War is still PvP except that you need 6 unique teams now. Once you are confident with a certain strategy, then you can build your 6 attack teams from your existing heroes. You might not have enough to win all 6 matches at the moment, so concentrate on winning your first 3 attacks. As you summon more heroes, level and max those that fit your strategy. Soon, you will have enough heroes to field 6 teams with the chance to win every match.

Good luck and donā€™t get discouraged. We all went through this

1 Like

@Kilted, I am reluctant to join another Alliance because I really donā€™t want to go on Line/Discord and get nagged for giving my roster all the time. Been there done that and it is not for me. The forum is very helpful, so for now I am staying where I am. I am trying out mono teams and indeed some 3-2 or 3-1-1. I am doing my raids and taking notes.

@Cheds, I donā€™t have your teams, and I know I need to look into what each hero does. I know there are website for it but canā€™t find them. Or is hero grades enough to look at?

@Maescia I used to read a lot into the hero grades but stopped after a while. They are only opinions and donā€™t help with synergy.

A lot of what I did came from trail and error. Testing in raids and farming and seeing how interactions worked.

Defence down and attack up are 2 staples in most my teams. I really want those as often as I can. Make the most of the tiles and special damage.

When I was lower down the ranks I used 3* teams a lot in wars and thatā€™s where this all began. You can always punch harder than you can defend so my little 3* teams would have a go at teams 300-500 higher than them. Wouldnā€™t always work but if you got a well synergised team to specials you always had a chance. Of course we have to be realistic, a 3* team isnā€™t beating a 4500 team often (Iā€™ve done it once in friendly battlesā€¦out of probably 50 goes)

I get you donā€™t want the hassle of an alliance but a good alliance will help you so much on this. We have a war room in line and weā€™ve had members coming in at level 70 and benefiting from people going ā€œhave you tried this combo outā€ or ā€œInsee you have X hero unlevelled, Iā€™d get him/her levelled next as it will help with X heroā€

When you get that kind of support war hits become more joined and you see benefits of that wisdom.

I think Iā€™m pretty good at this game but recently I recorded a hit in friendly and some said ā€œhave you thought about putting that lvl 23 mana on Glenda so she fires in 9 tilesā€

Huhā€¦no I hadnā€™t. And it helped.

But if you are not wanting that Iā€™ll take you back to good old trial and error. Buff up, debuff them down and use your team exactly as that - a team.

2 Likes

Absolutely they do.

At top 50 aiance level I use these 4* Iā€™m or close to every war

• 2 c rig
  • c Sabina
  • c melendor (levelled another but without emblems he is pretty flimsy)
  • c bt
  • mist
  • gullinbursiti
  • proteus
  • 2 c kiril
  • lady wool
  • wilbur

Until recently I also used g falcon colen and sumle. A bunch of 4* slows come out for rush tournies

Most 4* damage dealers fare poorly but some 4* healers and mana controllers are equivalent to most 5*s in special effectiveness. You just have to buff their defense stats as much as possible

1 Like

I would love to be in an Alliance where I can learn and become better, but I am not willing to go to Line/or Discord and hear bad jokes about women, politic statements or someoneā€™s real life drama, or corona madness for that matter. Canā€™t do it, and wonā€™t . I donā€™t want to get a text for my roster and the chatter of chats. I donā€™t even have FB, and rarely use Whatsapp even. The forums will just have to do.

Sound like youā€™ve had some bad experiences, sorry to hear.

I think if you put a request in the forum for an alliance that polices thatā€™s you might find a suitable home that covers both a training and improvement option with no drama and no sexist nonsense.

But I leave that with you. The forum is a good resource but I do truly believe you canā€™t beat collaboration and experience.

There are lots of alliances which may be a bit more active/ supportive than where you are currently, but which dont use line/ discord. (I am in one currently). I know the turmoil of changing alliance though I have only been in 2 and finding the right group where you feel at home can be a pain.

If you ever do feel like the change of scenery might help you could always make a post in the alliance recruitment section here with exactly what you want/ dont want, level of titan you feel comfortable with etc and youā€™ll be inundated with offers Iā€™m sure.

1 Like

Me didnt built teams for wars, me built them for titans.
Wars me pick teams randomly.
3strong colour for tank or flank. 2 random cards with a healer.
And mono sometimes for last hits.

My war performance improved dramatically when I started using my war teams for regular raiding. The practice will teach you what to expect from your teams, their strengths and weaknesses.

It also helped me to organize my roster into the teams I plan on using for war attacks. For me, thatā€™s 5 mono colored teams and 1 thatā€™s built from whatā€™s left. Iā€™ve averaged slightly better than 5 one-shots every war for 6 months now.

Donā€™t ever take a rainbow team on a raid. Charging your whole team with 9-12 tiles in mono vs 5x that on a rainbow team - itā€™s not even close.

Fast speed heroes and average speed heroes with mana boost from troops or costumes are most important. Try to get your whole team to charge in as few mataches as possible. Slow heroes can turn the tide, but the fast ones will get the win more often.

1 Like