Ask Lann Anders

Sadly, in that case, the husband in question had… um… already “fed” himself to Layla…

3 Likes

Dear Lann Anders,
Good to hear to are doing fine. Thank you for getting back to me so fast. I have recently found out, that as a minor, certain adult info like problems and such of adults, are out of my reach. I was talking to a friend, and she said she couldn’t tell me the problem, cause it, (so as not to reveal gender) said that it didn’t want to burden a young adult. Please, what can i do?
Pickle in Oklahoma

1 Like

Dear Lann Anders,

Boxers or briefs?

Inappropriate Questions in Boston

3 Likes

Dear Pickle,

Knowing that you are a minor, there are certainly things that I wouldn’t feel comfortable discussing with you. Don’t take it personally, it’s not that we don’t think you can handle it. As a former minor myself, I can attest that I was already well versed and experienced in “adult things” before I reached legal age. However, as a sort-of-now adult, it’s generally frowned upon for us to discuss certain things with minors. Just as it’s generally frowned upon for us to drive windowless panel vans asking neighborhood kids if they want some candy.

Unfortunately, even though I’m sure you have the best of intentions, it’s probably best that your friend discusses her problems with others in her own age group. But don’t let that stop you from helping others your own age! Young adults tend to have a myriad of problems, and you seem to be wise beyond your years - practice your problem solving skills amongst your peers for now. You’ll be a full-fledged “adult” before you know it (and soon after, you’ll be wishing you could go back).

Hope that was at least sort of helpful.

4 Likes

Dear Inappropriate,

Boxers. Briefs are too constricting.

3 Likes

Dear Lann Anders,

I want [insert entitled demand here].
[insert everything is rigged comment here].
[insert game is being ruined comment here].
[Insert buff/nerf character comment here]
[insert bragging comment here]

So what do I do?

[insert generic forum name here] from [neutral comedic North American/Finnish city here]

3 Likes

Dear Generic,

RNG

That should answer all of your queries.

If not, roll again.

Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you Lann Anders. This is just what i needed to hear.

Out of a pickle in Oklahoma

3 Likes

This is the most ridiculous answer I have ever gotten…it’s like you don’t even care about solving any of my problems. Do you know how much money, time and effort I put into that post and for what, nothing…

I am never coming back to Lann Anders for advice…I’m sure there’s a knock-off version of your advice thread somewhere else

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you feel that way. If you’re looking for knock-offs, you could try Mythlannd & Puzzlanders, it is a blatant ripoff of my column.

You are sort of correct though, Aife needs a nerf, along with Friar Tuck.

Next time you post, try color stacking against the thread, and bring a hero that dispels bull ■■■■. Otherwise you will continue to get defeated by posts that are 500 TP lower than your own.

Hope that is more helpful, and good luck in your future endeavors :+1:

5 Likes

@TGW your response to Saphira was spot on and touching. Keep using your amazing superpowers for good!!! :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:

3 Likes

@Saphirra keep listening to wisdom and you will grow in legendary power. Trust me on this one. :owl:

2 Likes

Thank you! :grin:

This is mostly a joke thread, but I’m also capable of being serious when the situation calls for it. Saphirra is a good kid, and I don’t want to be a negative influence.

To Saph - I don’t mean “kid” as an insult. You’re clearly very mature for your age, and well on your way to “adulthood”, whatever that means. I’m living proof that you can reach legal age and still maintain a certain level of silliness. Getting older doesn’t mean that you have to become dull and stop playing games. But it does mean that you have to start becoming “responsible”. And part of being “responsible” is acknowledging that there are certain lines you shouldn’t cross.

I hope this is somewhat helpful (like legitimately helpful, not just humorous). I wish I knew what your friend’s problem was so that I could actually try to help. I am not a certified therapist or anything like that, but I do have a lot of personal experience with real life issues. Very real life issues. Like, really bad stuff, that I’d prefer not to discuss here (partly because it’s too personal, but mostly because this is not the appropriate place for that).

100% honest truth, I myself and several people I care about have been through truly terrible things in real life, so I can understand and relate to a lot. My current humorous, devil-may-care persona is actually my way of coping with and letting go of things that I’d prefer to forget, because there is nothing to be gained from dwelling on painful memories or allowing my past to ruin my present and future.

I’m more than willing to offer real life advice in a non-joking manner, so long as it’s specifically requested and submitted somewhat anonymously (don’t use real names or anything) - and with the understanding that I’m not officially qualified to give advice, and that my opinions do not reflect the opinions of SG and blah blah blah etc. etc.

3 Likes

Lol. I trust you. :bouquet:

1 Like

Dear Lann Anders:

Are there any chat etiquette rules I should know? I asked a new member a few questions & was told I sound like a police officer. An example (names have been changed):

She:. I got Azlan! (Azlar)
Me:. Cool! Have you read the Chronicles of Narnia?
She:. No
Me:. Did you see the movie?
She: No
Me: I loved that book. How do you know about Azlan?
Someone else:. You sound like a policeman. Why are you interrogating her?

Just trying to encourage chat…

Thank you!!!
Feeling Like a Stalker

2 Likes

None taken.

I really can’t divulge on the subject. Or say who is the one having the problem.

This is cool. What was you like before your persona that ik?

1 Like

Dear Feeling Like a Stalker,

You should kick “Someone else” out of your alliance. They sound like a real buzzkill. :grin:

EDIT: as an aside, I read those books when I was a kid. I liked them. But don’t ask me to recall the details, that was about three decades ago.

3 Likes

Well let’s see. My early childhood, I was mostly childlike. I enjoyed playing with Legos, playing handball, riding my bike, playing video games - really low quality graphics video games… original Nintendo Entertainment System, Gameboy, Intellivision (Atari’s competitor at the time), Commodore 64 (it was a computer. sort of. had like… 8kb of RAM or something? LOL)

Teen years. Depression. Anger. Getting into a lot of trouble because I didn’t care about life.

Early adulthood, trying to be responsible. Still lots of anger. Had a job that I hated, married someone I wasn’t in love with or compatible with, leading to more depression…

Basically lots of anger and depression. Nothing good. So… I changed everything.

You wouldn’t have liked me back then. Nobody did, not even myself. Especially not myself.

Now I live the life I want to live, and my only regret is that I didn’t change things sooner.

But I can’t dwell on the past. It’s over and done, can’t change it now. All I can do going forward is to try not to make the same mistakes.

RE: your friend, I don’t expect you to divulge details on their issue or identity. Some things are too personal to discuss publicly, and I fully support the idea of remaining anonymous. I’m even hesitant to reveal my IGN here (though anyone who digs deep enough might be able to figure it out). I wish you both luck though!

3 Likes

Wow. I’m glad you were able to make the cross over.

Thx.

3 Likes

Thank you :wink:

They say that whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger… I figure at this point, I’m probably invincible.

Finally living the life I want to live - more or less. Obviously my life would be much easier if I was super wealthy or something, but money doesn’t buy happiness… just makes things more convenient. I do okay, financially. I’m not starving. I have a roof over my head. I’m in a happy relationship with a woman I love. Playing games I enjoy. Posting silly things on the internet for fun. Life ain’t so bad when it ain’t so bad anymore. :sunglasses:

3 Likes