Ascension mats drop rate (proving it hasn't changed?)

I have been playing for 23.2 months (very active F2P, never buy AM).

In those 23.2 months, I acquired 208 4* AM. That is 8.97 per month.

In my first year, it was only 94. That is 7.83 per month.

Which means in the last 11.2 months, I acquired 114 4* AM. That is 10.18 per month.

Nb: I never leave alliance, when I joined, it only fight 2* titan but now it is 11-12*, that might explain part of the increase.

1 Like

I merged with another alliance with the members that were still active in the one I started in…had the rest of The alliance been active I woulda stayed as I was leader of it… but my active members wanted to progress further…so ended up in the alliance I’m in now…and have no intention of leaving it… great bunch of players and is in the top 1800 alliances…not that leaderboard really matters… but show’s how active we all are…got trap tools today… now I got a dilemma…get sartana to 3-70 and wait for 2 more tabards or a 2nd rigard to 70 … just pulls melendor costume so I’ll have 2 of him in costume eventually one is +20 … hate the feeling that you never know with RNG… could Max a 2nd rigard and get tabards in the next couple weeks but no trap tools lol

First time in a long time titan chest gave out a 4* am. But one I really needed otherwise misandra woulda needed to wait another 2 month’s

Loot rates have definitely dropped on non farmable 3* and 4* ascension items. Titan chests, war chests, and elemental chests especially have had not just a decrease but a deep cut!

2 Likes

I’ve noticed in my records they’re dropping Even for me…and I started playing a year ago but noticed a definite down trend since I started taking records… more so after last update… but again that could just be me I dunno. But Last few titans I’ve gotten A or A+ scores on 11s and nothing worth mentioning… although a member in like 13th spot gets a 4 am …so honestly I have absolutely no idea rn

Upward trend for me:

It has always been around 10% per roll:

1 Like

Nice all I can do is keep my own data and submit it when I get to a year’s worth of tracking

Been playing since Oct 2018, 55 maxed legendaries currently. That’s an avg of 18.33 4* mats per month. (Not including 15 Epics in inventory and 2 being transmuted).

However, I honestly couldn’t accurately separate what has been dropped from the game and what’s been purchased, whether from shop rolls, flash deals, etc. considering there’s about 24 Rare Quests that are provided yearly. I think it would be reasonable to remove 48 from the 440 epics it took to max those heroes. Additionally, challenges such as Halloween, Christmas, etc. I think another 4 or 6, give or take.

Still, as fuming as I can get about dry spells. It evidently isn’t a problem I’ve been having and no one would lend an ear if I’ve the audacity to complain about it.

1 Like

There are 40 rare quests in a year. Forum tracking show that the average is 9 days between rare quests.

5 to be precise.

Springvale: 1 (Tonic)
Sand Empires: 1 (Darts)
Morlovia: 1 (Tabbard)
Santa Challenge: 2 (Ring + Telescope)

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Thought it were 2 a month, didn’t realize every 9 days. Time flies!

So 85 for sure out of 440 mats consumed thus far for sure not bought. Assuming at least an avg of 5 per month were from drops, I guess at least 100 were bought whether it be deals, chance rolls through the shop and bonus chests through pulls.

2 Likes

Although I must admit in the last week now have gotten outside from rare quests and pov a scope tonic and today a tabard…maybe rng has taken pity lol

Although it seems rng likes me lately
Got a scope from titan chest (last picture) then all these within a week

So now got sartana at 4-40 and misandra at 4-7 :smile:

2 Likes

Well in 14 says thats now after today 5 4* ams, so I’m seeing a definite upturn on drop rates for mats

Interesting comments, thanks

Now you could expect a pretty long “dry” period.

1 Like

Lol not really last 20 days gotten 2 tabards 2 tonics darts and 2 scopes all out of either regular chests or from titans and a bunch of 3*ams my luck has been insane lately with mats

Lucks definitely on the upswing I’m averaging now a 4*am every 2.77 days outside of rare quests and events, so dunno can’t say what it was like before I started playing a year ago this October but lucks turned big time

Screenshot_20201206-175003_LINE

Seems im.still in.a decent streak

I have been running 2 years non-stop with above average streak.

1 Like

(Sorry if this is a bit “off topic”… )

Unfortunately, I have never kept actual spreadsheets on my loot, so I don’t remember exactly when I got what or from where. But I was curious to look and see how many unfarmable mats I have gotten total (on my main account at least).

Some people seem to have an overabundance of certain ascension mats. Others are constantly posting pleas for more fine gloves, or tomes, or [insert mat here].

Personally, I have felt like I am getting a steady enough influx of mats, just not the ones I need. Which brought me to ask myself: is it just my imagination? Is it just that I’ve already used more of X mat, which is why I seem to have an overabundance of Y?

Since I have never fed away an ascended epic or legendary hero (at least not that I remember), it was simply a matter of maths (mats used to ascend my roster + still unused mats) to determine how many of each unfarmable item I have obtained. Here goes:

Damascus Blades: 18
Tomes of Tactics: 17

Mystic Rings: 18
Farsight Telescopes: 16
Mysterious Tonics: 16
Poison Darts: 13
Royal Tabards: 18

Compasses: 42
Fine Gloves: 59

Hidden Blades: 57
Warm Capes: 60
Sturdy Shields: 37
Orbs of Magic: 56
Trap Tools: 61

Not quite as unbalanced as I originally suspected. But it still explains why I am severely short on compasses and sturdy shields. Almost every other item has come in well within “expected” ranges.

1 Like