Ascension Items are too Rare

That post was from 2.5 years ago, and Kerridoc doesn’t even post here anymore…

A lot has changed since then. There are more players, more heroes, more events, etc.;

In the beginning, they made rare ascension items rare on purpose, because they didn’t want everyone rushing up to the top too quickly.

The game today is a drastically different landscape from what it was back then. IMO, we definitely need more ascension materials. And not just ones locked behind paywalls.

The old adage of “game is a marathon, not a sprint”… it has gone from being a mere marathon, to being an intergalactic journey where many of us will have to put ourselves into cryogenic chambers for 100+ years in order to live long enough to make significant progress.

Just as the world cannot continue to operate in the same way it did years ago, the game cannot continue to operate in the way it did years ago. Evolution is an essential aspect of survival.

My two cents.

3 Likes

Can I still play the game if I’m in a cryogenic chamber?

1 Like

Will be tricky without a third party app… you’ll have to freeze your fingers in just the right position to click both the replay and autoplay buttons. And make sure you put 100 years worth of recruits into your TC11 first. :grin:

Even still… you’ll have to program a robotic AI to do all of your titan hits and ascension mat quests.

From an anecdotal F2P point of view: there’s enough ascension mat drops.

By sheer virtue of how rare 5* pulls are.
I get a full set of 4* ascension mats before I pull a unique 5* of that color.

Having more ascension mat drops will just widen the gap between F2P and P2W players, which I personally don’t mind that much (there has to be SOME incentive to splurge, right?).

1 Like

Fair point, but it also depends on how long you’ve been playing.

Early on, I had more ascension mats than heroes to work on.

Then I leveled up four TC20s, now I have way more 4 and 5* heroes than I’ll probably ever be able to finish.

I don’t know honestly. I’m here for about 1.5 years and have 2x TC20, 2x TC11.

My 3* ascension mat stockpile ranges between 25 and 50 for each color, and I’m two rings away from having a full set of 4* mats for each color after having ascended Elena about a month ago.

Granted - I feed away all dupe S1 4s, and keep dupe 5 at 3/70 (in my first five 5* pulls I got more Richards than not-Richards).

Maybe things will change when I get all four TCs up to 20, but then I feel like I’ll run into a feeder bottleneck before I go out of mats.

Also, perhaps I have better than average luck at getting ascension mats, and a better than average of alliance to bring more opportunities.

Again, lot of factors to consider here.

My alliance mostly just kills 5-6* titans, so we don’t get access to the higher loot tables… if you’re in an alliance killing 10-14* titans, it’s likely that you’re getting a lot more AMs than we are.

Also, I’m guessing you’re probably doing a lot more of the actual game content than I am. I’ve gone fairly casual in the last 6 months.

I don’t have huge stockpiles of AMs like many posters here, but I also use most of the ones I have as soon as I’m able to. Still have several heroes (both 4 and 5*) stuck at level 3 until I can get more.

Thus far - oddly enough, my most “reliable” source for unfarmable mats (outside of the quests that guarantee them) has been Mystic Visions. I can kill 10 titans, get A or A+ on every one, and get zero unfarmables. Watch two MVs in a row, and get an unfarmable from each one.

:man_shrugging:

Now I can call that a “consolation prize”, like SG is feeling sorry for me and making up for my bad titan loot by giving me good MV loot… but I’m pretty sure it’s just randomness at work.

1 Like

But I don’t even want to max my: Isarnia, Thorne, Domitia, Obakan, Quintus, or Leonidas. I don’t have their costume either. So I have spare AM.

That is of course your choice. And it’s always good to save your AM for heroes that you actually think are worthy of them. It doesn’t make sense to waste valuable materials on heroes that you don’t want to use.

You’re entirely right.

This is my bathroom/idle time game of choice at the moment, so I tend to do the vast majority of content.

And I am in fact in a relatively strong alliance that does 12-13* titans on average.

That said, I can also confirm that MV has been the most consistent source of unfarmable mats, especially the 4* ones.

1 Like

Ah yes, 12-13* titans give higher chances of AMs than 5-6* titans, definitely.

And completing all chests, raid tournaments, wars, scoring high in challenge events, all of these are ways to potentially get more AMs. But not all players do all of these things. And even 12-13* titans are not guaranteed to give unfarmable AMs. Higher chances? Yes. Guaranteed? No.

Comparison would be:
someone with 1 EHT compared to someone with 2 EHT
vs. someone killing 5* titans compared to someone killing 10* titans

The person with 1 EHT will most likely pull a 3* hero. But they could potentially pull a 5* hero.
The person with 2 EHTs has a better chance of pulling a 5* hero, but they could also pull two 3* heroes.

Killing 5* titan might give you a chance to pull an unfarmable AM.
Killing 10* titan might give you two chances to pull unfarmable AM.
Either way, neither player is guaranteed to pull an unfarmable AM. But the one killing the 10* titan has twice the odds as the one killing 5* titans.

Which explains why, over time, the people who play the most, spend the most, kill the highest level titans, will usually on average end up obtaining more AMs than those who play less, spend less, and fight lower level titans.

But still none of it is absolutely guaranteed. A lucky F2P can potentially get a HotM in a single pull while a P2W can spend $200 and still not get a single HotM.

We are all at the mercy of RNG. The more you spend and the harder you try can increase your chances, but still never guaranteed. I think it’s important for all players to fully understand this reality.

I agree that some essential items are too rare and difficult to obtain. It would be nice if this game offered some sort of player market place where people could buy and sell items between players. Maybe not just items but even Hero’s. It’s quite disappointing to end up with multiples of the same high level Hero’s and then to just have to waste them on training. The game could even charge gems for people to place items for sale so you could still profit from this venture.

The ascension item quests are designed in such a way that they are completable even without any hero requiring them.
Also they are pretty frequent. There are about 2 a week and i feel it is sufficient for levelling heroes, especially considering the food requirements for ascension as well.
We dont want to run back into a problem where materials are common but feeding them becomes a problem instead. Kind of defeats the purpose of making them common in the first place.

Good places to obtain them: rare quests; POV; events.
I feel that thats sufficient right now.

The Six Rare Quests

Rare Quest Circular Order - Mariamne

Rare Quest Rotation (by Mariamne)

The rotation of the six quests is:

1. Mount Umber
  2. Shrikewood
  3. Frostmarch
  4. Farholme Pass (1)
  5. Shiloh Desert
  6. Morlovia
  7. Farholme Pass (2)

Rare Quest Basics

A new rare quest comes around approximately once every two weeks and remains for just one day.

1 every 2 weeks, not 2 every 1 week.
And remember that each 4* hero requires 6 unfarmable mats to fully ascend.
Each 5* hero requires 18.

Someone correct me if my math is off ('tis possible)

1 Like

after 12 months i have collected a total of 30 pieces of 4* materials (not 6 for each colour) So on average you get a 4* material every 2 weeks

Isn’t the average is 1 every 10 days?

I totally agree that ascension items are very rare and when you get one it is usually one of six and guess what? You need 18 of them… The ascension items provided with battle or Titan loots are almost identical to what you get going through province one etc…

It is frustrating in addition to Emblems being dripped and you need At least 65 for step one etc…

1 Like

It might be… I’m just going mostly on what the wiki said, and the calendars (which are not official calendars, subject to change, etc.) Just know that it’s definitely not two rare quests a week. If it were that often, I’d probably have more compasses and Damascus blades than I’d know what to do with.

Actually it is. Wh00ps.

1 Like

Please let increase the quantity of 4* items as poison darks to be given to players and let give them to players more often. Players are receving this 4* items so rarely that it is not convenient anymore to spend money for gems and so on and try to summon a 5* heroes (even if somebody has lots of 5* heroes he/she can’t level them up because of lack of 4* items) so players stop to pay in this game because they don’t have any progress or just very little one.