Ascend Boldtusk or start Wilbur?

Thank you. I am already wondering which one I will ascend first. I already have enough materials to take them both to max ascension. I am guessing it will come down to how well I am able to master using Wilbur’s special. I reread the Wilbur thread yesterday. And once I get him leveled enough to make him serviceable outside of farming the lower levels of the map, I will probably read it a few more times to get the information really stuck in the grey matter.

1 Like

In regards to Sumitomo, I don’t find him all bad either. I hold comfortably in Gold level raid arena and see a lot of Boril/Cyprian based defense in raids, tournaments and war. All of the 4* I had were healers or group attackers, except for Chao. Even taking Kiril and BT couldn’t save me at least half of the time. So when I got Sumi and Gafar I was relatively happy. Eventually I will take all 3 of my 4* snipers to at least 3.60. Chao will probably wait the longest unless I some how get a better 5* tank or a 4-5* yellow option better than Chao. I have my first D-blade and only need 3 orbs and 1 dart to take Guin to final ascension. It may or may not take very long to get those, which could also impact how soon Chao gets fed. Elena is my only other 5*, and I can’t see any logic in choosing her over Guin. But I digress…

My point being that Sumi and Gafar are valuable additions to a team that struggled to defeat riposte defenses with Chao as my only 4* sniper option and only 3* debuffers. I’m okay with a snipers special being selfish as long as I can use him in the right situations and hope for good boards :crossed_fingers::heart:

Wilbur buddy. He is very good for survivability on Titans and even more awesome on an all red mono team foe green titans.

Why do you want guin so hard at final stage ? Guin is just a top tank in your def IF you’ve got killers around. But for all other things like attack, titans and quest she’s not as relevant as many 4* will…

Just use your orbs on your 4* for the moment and when youll be in diamond think about guin. But please do not waste your effort and time in guin because everybody use her in high def.

Probably because she is the only strong yellow I have. My choices behind her are Chao, Hu, Kailani, or another Melia. If I had Wu it would be a different story I imagine. I could totally pause leveling Guin for Wu. I probably will have to wait some time for her final ascension as she is already at 3.50 and I still need 3 orbs and one dart. Who knows (:crossed_fingers:Wu knows?:crossed_fingers:) who might come to my roster in the mean time.

In raids (which is my least enjoyable part of game), if I have a rough day with the boards and fall to the bottom of gold arena, I can rest fairly easy that when I log off I will likely win a few defenses and regain at least middle gold. I don’t track such things but I don’t think I would be too wrong in saying I win more cups on defense than offense lol. Sure defense doesn’t fill my chest but that’s not her job.

In wars my team is often left unchallenged by the enemy. My TP is around 3100. The war we just finished (and won) had at least 3 players a couple hundred TP above me and several more with TP similar to mine. Not one of them used a flag on my defense. All my team mates of similar (and higher) TP were attacked though. I don’t think I would get the same results from a defense without Guin. Her reputation precedes her lol.

I realize I’m ‘breaking the rules’ as a fairly new player attempting to max a 5* while ignoring 4’s. But she still seems like a worthy investment compared to my other options. If it helps at all, I also got Elena at the same time as Guin. I took Elena to 2.60 and that’s where she sits. I have read that despite her slow mana that she is fairly good. But I won’t use any AM on her until after I take care of BT and Wilbur, or longer if RNG gives me another better red. That’s the difference to me of leveling an ok 5* vs one of the best tanks in the game. Sure, Diamond arena is a long way off for me, but she is still getting the work done that I need at these lower levels.

So basicaly you’re telling me she’s already doing the job in your arena bracket and for your Alliance wars. Well, what do you extend if shes done it already ? Save your darts :slight_smile:

@Ziel05. Lol, yes, I guess that is what I’m saying. I am not sure who I would be saving the darts for given my current roster. But thank you for giving me a reason to pause and think. I still need 3 orbs as well, so I imagine I will get Guin maxed on this ascension and have to wait anyway. In the meantime maybe someone else will come along and need those orbs. (RNG are you listening? Wu hint hint!)

And on a Wilbur update, I have him at 2.30ish and 5/8 on his special. He should be ready to start working in earnest in a few more days I hope :crossed_fingers: I have in the past only fed hero’s of same color and as close to a group of 10 as my space would allow. With Wilbur, Rigard, and Melendor I have been feeding 2 hero’s of same color at a time. Rigard is not even to his second ascension and at 4/8 on his special. Melendor is just into his second ascension but is being stubborn and only at 2/8 on his special. For completely personal reasons I’m using 1 each of 1* and 2* for a total of 6% chance per feeding. I’ve really not had many problems getting previous heroes to max special skill, but it has been interesting and surprising to see the special skills mostly rise a bit faster than I have generally seen with my roster before now.

1 Like