Arfanias – 5* Dark / Purple - June 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Agreed, but I am not going to compare him with the cards behind the paywall.
I have seen him hit as high as 1630 depending on other buffs active. For a HOTM whom lot of folks can have access to, he is pretty versatile. I like to compare him to the likes of Sartana Joon kind of Cards. In the right situation, he takes a fully healthy enemy card down in a snipe and the dodge protect is effective as well. One raid, i had him last card standing and snipped 3 enemies to win it. Again situational. But the Mana to attack combo is nice to have.

4 Likes

Ahh, okay I get it. I just saw the number and thought it was low, but in comparison to S1, not too bad. Even if I was FTP I wouldn’t level him because I’d be afraid of getting one more powerful, but then again I’m not FTP so maybe I would lose patience and just build him up.

I like to run Sergei and costume tiburtus together and two snipers, costume Sartana and costume domitia… And in those conditions i can get 1400+/- damage on a hero and it doesn’t matter how charged their mana is. I think arf is fine… As good as… But i don’t know that I’m benching costume Sartana and costume domitia just yet… Though i could see using all the with the aforementioned.

Free to pay peeps gets ascension mats faster than they do heroes worth leveling…

4 Likes

Interesting… thanks for the info

8 Likes

It’s a brutal month. Almost $500 spent and he didn’t come. Never had this happen before and he was the one hotm of 2022 I wanted badly, even more than Kara

3 Likes

I feel your pain, 20 characters.

Then RNGsus will give u abundant july hotm (klaeryn) as “console” prize :cry:

1 Like

I don’t know that you are missing out… I don’t like his attack power of his special is dependent on mana… He’s fine… I leveled him… But he’s just another gun… not a special gun.

I pulled two of him. Might be useful against mana buffing heroes like Ludwig and Xnolsquid.

1 Like

I have ways to fix that and it’s zocc. Wanted to try that strat since I knew about this hotm. Guess I have to pull this guy in Atlantis

Yeah I will receive like 15 of them if I pull next month, FML. But July is strictly a no spend for me now because I despise that hotm

1 Like

yeah i know klaern is seems awful

That’s why I dumped $500 this month. It’s to compensate me not pulling for july, with no results as well

1 Like

I have a few peeps to level… But I’m seriously considering holding all pulls for a few months… Because season 1 new costumes are coming out… Hotms are all meh, because i don’t have feeders for leveling heroes… So these kalevala pulls might be my last for a few months… Feels kinda weird.

1 Like

In the same boat, have enough projects to hold me over for a bit (and not enough mats). After pulls with save gold coins on Monday (already have this HOTM and new POV will start then) I might be done for a while while I catch up on everything.

Got him just 2 hours before he disappeared :joy:

Really happy he is my 2nd dark sniper after Seshat.

5 Likes

So I got this guy on final day last month. Currently working on Lepiota, after finishing her Arf will be my only unleveled purple 5* (I do have Khiona & Thoth at 3/70).

I have 11 tabards sitting so that isn’t a problem, but I’m just not sold at all on this guy.

It might be roster compatibility ( I already have Seshat, CSartana and Domitia maxed out) so I’m already covered for Snipers. Who deal good damage without the limitation of opponent Mana.

He seems a bit of a single target Atomos, but with dodge instead of revive. The fact he only dodges specials that deal damage is another issue. A Melendor or Sabina can neuter that pretty quick.

Am I missing something with this guy? I do have Zocc as well for the synergy, but feel by time I’ve first got the tiles for Zocc, then for Arf I could’ve had 9 purples and just used a double snipe hit from Seshat and Domitia for probably the same effect?

Currently I’m looking at him for HA10.

I think your collection of Dark heroes makes this HotM a bit underwhelming indeed :purple_heart: Dark Snipers are hard to come by though - also in the four star category - I still haven’t got a single one - so I imagine he’s great for those who are lacking in that category :smiley:

I still haven’t maxed my Arfanias, but I really like him. I started using him when he was at 4/50, now he’s at 4/75 and his hit is strong. I have only one dark sniper and this is Domitia, so I will emblem my Arfanias for sure. I think that he has a nice synergy with heroes like Tettukh, Peters or even Proteus if you will fire him in the right moment.
Without emblems he dodges quite frequently, I like that too. I think that there is not even one thing I don’t like about this guy!

2 Likes