Ares is way too overpowered

Unfortunately like Panther she is also dark.

I agree with Arien’s core point, which is they’re still too rare and there should be better color distribution for offensive dispels within the 5* ranks.

I think Ares is strong and he should stay that way.

1 Like

I mean, he is the God of War - the God of War can’t be a pansy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol if Ares is so overpowered why i keep losing using him to teams -300 of my power and i’m avoiding teams with crazy skill and many healers. and i try to play as carefully as possible. either players not lucky or putting in the time/money to get better or better stuff. stop complaining. the real overpowered ones are hel and athena still even after their nerf and stack nerf. and Creators of this game your making this game unappealing lately.

1 Like

Funny enough, I bring two blue hitters and Ares of the same level isn’t a problem anymore (e.g. if Ares @ 70, bring two hitters at 70).

I mean it’s anecdotal evidence, but I’ve beaten plenty of fully ascended Aresi sitting in the front cause I have a lvl 60 Sonya (damn you Warm Capes, where ye at???) and Kiril for additional blue tile power so idk.

Not the scariest fellow to face. I’m much more afraid of some Lianna or Hel sitting there. If they go, I’m done for. If Ares goes, well, rush it Sonny and we good.

Also Elkanen sucks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What is rest of your team? No tank will win a battle. They need good support. Tank is probably the most important decision when building a team. But what heroes you use on other spots, in what order do you place them matters too. Then it is also up to what team is attacking you. Attacking team needs totally different team building and there are always heroes that can counter tank abilities. Mainly dispellers.

Attackers also have it easier. If teams are equally strong, the attackers win much more than defenders.

1 Like

i have Rigard sartana ares lianna musashi. though i might add another healer

I think Ares is only better than Boldtusk when maxed.
I had him on the bench for a long time for that reason.
He sure is a very good tank when maxed, but I don’t think that high level teams with Ares as tank is harder to fight, than other teams having maxed 5* heroes.

At high levels people don’t carry copious dispellers since most of them are capped at level 70, though when I leave my non-quite-sloppy defense up (i.e. when I flag my typical raid team as defense) I tend to win a lot of defenses between 2000-2400 cups for whatever reason with Ares at tank so he doesn’t suck lower than 2600 either.

If Ares lives long enough to recast his buff (similar issues with Justice) and you have a pair of high stat flanks, it’s going to hurt similar to Wu at 70 (death of a thousand cuts style, well maybe with Wu it’s less than that haha).

I just cruise though Ares tanks unless 50% of the rest of the defending team is sitting at level 80 also… then my own level 70ish team just doesn’t hold up.

2 Likes

I agree, I think he can make a very good tank at level 70 or even 60. I just don’t think he is owerpowered compared to other 5* heroes.
And I cruise too when defense is all level 80 :rofl:

I Have a team with three 5* heroes and two 4* heroes, including Hel Who is one step away from Full ascension…I cannot beat any teams in the raids so far who’s team includes Ares. I know what I’m doing I’ve been playing for over year. I’m just curious how you guys are beating him? I feel he’s way too strong but any advice would be appreciated.

I use two fast snipers. I also have Perseus too so I hit him with the no-healing special.

1 Like

So it seems that all you need is a little experience and hero skill knowledge to beat Ares…But to your point. I agree that Ares, on paper seems very very powerful. Too much as it might seem. But I’m not that experienced myself and have found ways around it. My biggest issue is not being able to generate enough mana before he goes apes**t with his special move. It’s much more harder to get rid of him once he gets going and he has healers pumping him up with steroids. Having said that, I’ve learned my lesson and take him out and healers first most of the time…My biggest annoyances at the moment are Alberich and those pesky little heroes that counter with % of damage received…Oooh I hate those so much…:rofl:

1 Like

I have my ascend 3 lvl 60 caedmon and kiril … ares is dead think that if i had wu kong. Or you can use sabina. Amun is worse for that

Against an Ares center I typically run Magni & Grimm (plus an appropriate three). Sonya would be a good choice as well so that, if you don’t kill Ares, you can at least strip his buffs.

Warm cloak? Found one in war chest :wink:

Against him i use Sonya + kiril (+boril or triton sometimes), it works well and you know the irony… I use him aswell maxed for my raids x) ares vs ares
But on my defense, he is not the tank, boril is my tank with ares and khiona next to him