Ares and Guin overpowered

1. look at troop levels before attacking if they are lvl 17 or higher reroll
  2. don’t fight Guinevere Ares or Alberich. reroll
  3. team of many tanks, healers, buffers. reroll
  4. don’t attack what your not confident against. reroll
  5. Stop crying heroes too strong. you want everything nerfed?
7 Likes

obviously you have one or both of them. there should be advantages for some heroes over others but it should be to a point that still makes it manageable. If not then this game becomes nothing but luck of the board and no skill involved…

I use Grimm + Kiril for ares. Take down is pretty easy.

Team Grimm Kiril kelile Natalya(3/70) wukong.

Haven’t faced much guin but good dark hero’s hard to come by

2 Likes

Nice video, Mr Duck!

I just reroll if one of these heroes is in front because I’m too lazy to construct different raid teams.

1 Like

Looks like you’re going to be rerolling until u run out of food in diamond

2 Likes

my farms are level 20. i can reroll allday lol :rofl:

They’re beatable, sure, but they are most assuredly the strongest tanks in the game.

Guinevere’s case is, I think, a bit more understandable, as she’s only strong in one aspect of the game. She’s great as a defensive tank, but in every other aspect, she is horrendous. As an attacker, in terms of raids and wars and titans, there are holy four-stars (possibly all holy four-stars) who are more effective, to say nothing of the other holy legendaries, who all (save Owl) blow her out of the water.

Ares, however, with his attack and critical buffs, is a beast everywhere he’s placed.

Overall, I think the solution is to buff the weaker legendaries, not necessarily to further nerf the strong ones. Elkanen, Thorne, Owl, Horghall and the rest of the non-fire, non-Alberich slow-mana heroes… the usual suspects.

It really is odd, how imbalanced some of the legendaries are, because the fours are all fairly well rounded off. Much of the problem, perhaps, has to do with the rarity of the legendaries and material requirements needed to ascend them; folks’re just way more hesitant to invest in a hero that is so obviously flawed.

3 Likes

At the 2400 cup range you’re running into lots of 80’s. I personally have more trouble vs Ares than I do Guinevere. The reason I have trouble vs Ares tanks is simply cause I only have 1 80 blue and I’m forced to bring two 4 star blues (Grimm/Sonya). When I have a 2nd 80 blue Ares won’t be much of a problem for me.
My strategy is pretty simple for fighting tanks like Ares/Guinevere. I’m a color stacker to start with so I’m bringing a 3/2 team vs a beefy tank. Now if I start off with a bad board and there isn’t enough tiles to charge skills I’ll simply make all my matches bounce off the tank and try my best not to touch the other heroes and feed them mana. This strategy doesn’t work vs Azlar/Justice type tanks, with them you want to pick and choose the heroes you’re bouncing tiles off of.
Ares and Guinevere definitely aren’t OP and can be beat at a high success rate if you bring the right team and strategy. Ares can’t hold cups at the top and has a very high fail rate, Guinevere has more success as a tank but still needs a good supporting cast behind her to be successful. Simply having Guinevere doesn’t mean you have a good defense, it’s the other heroes around her.

4 Likes

I don’t know how many times I won even when Ares fired twice. In one case it was even AW battle against much stronger 4.1k TP team. You just need to dispel him asap and avoid matching tiles all over the board.

1 Like

His HOT doesn’t do enough to survive my Tile hits with Grimm and Kiril. I think if you do single hero attacks it’s nearly impossible to kill him off though.
You really need to stack atleast 2 heros to overcome his HOT.
I have a harder time with Kashrek than Ares~ if that’s surprising to anyone O_O

1 Like

Ares presents a good challenge but I don’t feel he’s over-powered. As others have hinted at, come at him stacking 2 strong blue heroes (preferably one with defense debuff), along with a dispeller, and he can be brought down with careful planning. I use Kiril and Isarnia but neither are maxed.

Overall, I would say that it is Ares’ supporting flanks that make a defense truly deadly. 2 fast mana, strong offensive heroes on either side can be scary for a raider. But that hardly makes Ares himself overpowered, does it? :slight_smile:

As for Guin, I tend to avoid her but only because I am lacking a 2nd strong purple hero at this time, however I would use a similar strategy as above.

1 Like

You haven’t versed a level 80 ares then

1 Like

shrug…I fight level 80 Ares everyday to fill my raid chest. Can’t say I’m successful all the time, but that’s where the fun is to me

1 Like

I’ve faced plenty :wink: and don’t avoid Ares

My kill squad

2 Likes

If you are killing level 80 Ares with this team you are getting really good boards.

1 Like

uploading a clip now of one I just did lvl 80 squad.

Unless I got an absolute crap board even with an average board~ Not that difficult to take down Ares.

Ditto to everything Jim said. My current defense is Albi Magni Guin Azlar Sartana, all 80. I lose cups each night. When I get 47 more tonics for Zeline that will help that, as will increasing my troops (all level 9 ish right now).

When facing Ares, I’m in the same situation as Jim where I need to bring Magni + Grimm +Sonya (usually along with Albi and BT, though the non-albi healer varies based on defense). Looking forward to potentially having alaise and 1 more scope. :wink:

1 Like

You got a blue diamond right away

Lucky board

2 Likes

im putting up another video. not all 80 but Ares is 80 rest are pretty consistent with my level

Was this a lucky board too ?

I’m uploading another with another full 80 squad first failed attempted but got it 2nd time around.

1 Like

Yes it was…you had 9 blue match right off the start…mathematically that is slim especially with most hitting Ares

1 Like