|Hero of the Month||Hero of the Month|
|Special Skill: Might of Ares|
|All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully
|Or: Where can I get this Hero From?|
Past HotM are available from a number of locations depending on their age.
Tavern of Legends
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are added to the summons pool in the Tavern of Legends Portal.
Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining
HotM’s which are >12 months of age are also added as a possible outcome of Hero Academy Level 10 Retraining.
More information on HA10 Retraining here: 🤓 Hero Academy! FAQ, Links, Guides and Discussion
|Avoiding Overspending & Heartache|
|Or: How many summons are needed to get an old HotM?|
|Below Maths is current as of September 2020.
Subject to change as additional heroes are added to the Portal.
It’s important to remember that the Tavern of Legends Portal has the lowest odds for a specific hero of ANY portal… No amount of summoning will guarantee a Featured Hero.
You have a 0.25% chance of summoning a specific Featured Past HotM from the Tavern of Legends Portal (0.0125% for a specific Non-Featured).
On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2.47% chance of summoning a particular Featured Past HotM (0.12% chance for a specific Non-Featured & 12.27% chance for ANY Past HotM).
But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.
Some useful insights:
(Each 30x Summons costs 8,000 gems or ~$79.99 USD).
|# of Summons||
|Odds for Specific Featured Past HotM||Odds for Non-Featured Past HotM|
Putting that in Perspective
If 100 people were to complete 100x summons, spending
- 27 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
- 78 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
- 99 WON’T get a specific Non-Featured Past HotM
If 100 people were to conduct 1500x summons, spending
- 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
- 23 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
- 83 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM
If 1 Million players each completed 10,000 summons, spending
- 1 WON’T get ANY Past HotM
- 1 WON’T get a specific Featured Past HotM
- 286,500 WON’T geta a specific Non-Featured Past HotM
More Insights & Reading
I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:
- How much should I spend?- HotM cost, and odds, analysis
- What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about “unfair pulls”)
- [WARNING] A Summons Experience - Chasing Guardian Panther - A Warning for Chasing Heroes
If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later.