Are we the baddies?

It is a game. I am so over with this.

I’m pretty sure it’s meant to be a light hearted and humorous idea rather than than a serious moral commentary :relaxed::+1:

20 Likes

D@mn, we metal as f***. :laughing:

This is gonna make defeating the dark lord that much more satisfying.

2 Likes

My first post on the forum… I have to say that your post was well thought out and you have a vivid imagination… Not to forget too much time… LOL

3 Likes

In the game we’re playing as the bad guys, but we’re masquerading as the good guys.

To be honest this is better than being a boring ol good guy. Now lets go pillage the north pole!

4 Likes

In today’s world?

Whenever someone tells me they meant something as a joke, I have become a cynic and take it that they are trying to deny what they truly meant

This doesn’t change the fact that this one of the most light hearted threads recently posted so in spite of personality traits its slightly odd someone wouldn’t pick up thate the entire point of the thread is to be humorous + jovial

9 Likes

This is hilarious, well done.

7 Likes

I promise I meant the tofu ham response as a joke. I am not a vegan militant. (or am I?)

Stick one of my brothers in the oven and you’ll have a nice turkey for Thanksgiving. :turkey:

1 Like

You do know that SANTA CLAUS lives at the North Pole … don’t want to see your Christmas stocking this year :open_mouth:

1 Like

We’ll raid the factory he forces the elves to work at and make them our own minions. We will control christmas and who gets what!

2 Likes

Do you notice how tiny Lianna is when she’s on the opponent’s raid team? She must be an elf for Santa. Maybe a spy :thinking:

5 Likes

Perhaps there will be a free gift during the Christmas event featuring Ebenezer Scrooge that gives you one ham.

2 Likes

We all are going to be Grinch in this Chrismas! We are sending all our groups to defeat Santa! No more holidays for our villagers!

Plus we are to blame for not having dinosaurs around anymore, since we haunt those last stegosaurians in season 2.

It’s so nice to be in dark side! Force is strong with all of us!

4 Likes

Hahahaha yessss :laughing:

You win everything:)

You know it bothers me titans don’t attack. I suggested there be attacking titans for that very reason.

You’re spot on with the other observations I think. Esp w the quests.

It’s poor writing really. They could make us seem a lot more righteous

… related ish: check out reddit/empiredidnothingwrong

2 Likes

I like the way you think my friend!! :grin: Christmas domination!!

2 Likes

You need to add a “Muhahahaha” to that post!

4 Likes

Edited, just for you :smile:

Counterpoint

There is no mention of “ham” anywhere in the game. That’s a generic term adopted by the community for food. These “farms” are very clearly mills, which could be used to grind corn or grain into flour, which is probably what you see next to the mills.
We don’t literally feed heroes to each other, we train them. That’s why trainer heroes give more experience; they’re not some random recruit who just picked up a sword. These people aren’t being eaten, they’re being trained and going to garrison the various provinces we’ve liberated. Yes, I know they all seem to have the same names but that’s because the sergeant can’t be bothered to learn the names of the hundreds of recruits being shuttled through his training grounds every day. If you have an affinity for nature and your’e a female then you’re called Aife, if you’re male, then you’re Derric, etc.

These titans are rampaging across the countryside. Just because they haven’t reached our stronghold and are only terrorizing the outlying provinces we should leave them alone? Meanwhile the Dark Lord’s monsters have conquered most of the land and you advocate allowing them to continue their oppression of our population? I guess you are a bad guy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The recruits we pick up are grateful villagers who probably lost everything when the monsters attacked and are only to eager to strike back and help others avoid the same fate. They probably were going to be eaten…by the monsters.

The “collect gems” dialogue also says that it’s a ruined city. The “locals” that are also “heroes” that we are killing are in fact mercenaries (go ahead and check next time) that are clearly pillaging the city they just conquered razed.

The rats infested our mines and needed to be exterminated. The vampires…you know how vampires sustain themselves, right? They are the ones that feed on humans. Given your insistence that we eat people it’s no wonder that you think evicting vampires form our lands is cruel. The Guardians are clearly testing our worthiness before they bestow their treasures upon us.

I’m sorry, are you talking about the same Dark Lord that subjugated (I forget his name: Gray?) one of our people using his dark magic and forced him to serve the Dark Lord’s wishes? And You’re calling him merciful? Because being unburdened of free will is such a merciful act.

People of Empires and Puzzles I am calling for a new campaign against Tamsin the Jaded. This person is spouting the Dark Lord’s propaganda in an attempt to cover up his heinous acts and turn the population against it’s rightful, benevolent leadership.

Disclaimer:
Just in case the tone of this post is lost on some people: this all in fun. I’m not actually calling for a campaign of harassment against anyone, or calling them a bad person or cannibal or any other slight one might imagine.

12 Likes