Are we heading to Pay2Win? Plus, other concerns

I should probably not even make a comment, as I am very new, only Level 24 and only been playing for 2 months.

However, this game is loads of fun. But its a struggle to keep up. I am very active, part of an alliance and work hard on ‘a game’. There is no way that a person can get anywhere in this game by simply not paying. The time it will take and the frustration would be enough to quit.

Spending money on Event summons praying for decent Heroes so that I can compete properly in raids, wars and titans, but getting the exact same 3* heroes. I received 1 gold epic token since i started.

Apparently there are ‘elemental chests’ that are random? How random? Apparently once every 2 months it seems…

I sit back and wonder what are the perks to play…as doesnt feel free. My concern is also with season 2 coming out… how will newbies or average players do… sounds like summoning will be more gems…and heroes stronger…

Also, no feedback or information is available. If i didnt google or ask in the global chat, i wouldnt have had information i needed to help me in the game.

The algorithms in this game are super clever, as i get same heroes over and over, and other players ger their same heroes over. The chests are laughable, as i mean, 1 x potion and 1 x gem… really? Or sticks and stones and 1 gem… i dont expect at all to immediately get 5* and summon them up in 3 months…but surely give a dog a bone and make it exciting. Start an inhouse alliance store (with obvious rules…has to be partof alliance for x amount of days etc etc) least then alliance members can help each other and alliances can also grow stronger and make it more fun

This game is fun
…but also not willing to spend x amount of money to try and keep up…hoping they will do quality over quantity (trying to milk the cow)…

Until then, happy gaming and lets hope all new changes will be good for The game, but also for its members

3 Likes

Well all could be. But it was beta, we can see another thing on release or it will be so for a short period and then, like with elemental chests, will be dropping farmable AM too.

I disagree with the notion that ftp players will go nowwhere in this game.

I am total ftp (for me ist and added challenge ) and in my 5th month now.
I have a good assortment of 3* heroes and 5 4* heroes 3 of which I have ascended to the last stage,

This gives me at the moment a raiding team around 3050 team strenhgth ( 1 4* is pretty new and not in the line up yet ) and puts me in the high gold league with bottom feeding excursions into platinium league.

I can finish most rare events.

This together with very conservative diamond use ( only the guaranteed super deals ) makes me a happy player so far

Try to get a trainingcamp to 13 and 2 to 11 as fast as possible so you can start training 3* heroes with the chance ( around 5% ) of the occasional 4 * hero.
So you will be training your first 4* team before you arrive at stronghold lv. 20.

If you start buying heroes you will probabely encounter a shortage of ascension materials ( if you had good hero pulls ) which will be a strong incentive to spend more money for faster progress.

Wish you the best of luck and lots of fun.

6 Likes

I’m a few months ahead but same policy, all going to plan, mat drops match my pace almost exactly. Two 4* rainbow teams almost fully levelled to mix and match for raids and two 3* rainbow teams fully levelled for extra war teams, plus a few spares for the full 30.

TC 20 opens in four days with a minor local celebrity to cut the ribbon and free bouncy castle and face painting for the kids.

I may never be top 100 but I expect to be competitive in Diamond if I’m still having fun.

2 Likes

If this helps any comparison I’m 11 months into the game. I have roughly 40 maxed 4* or higher heros, 6 of those are 5* working on maxing 3 more 5* as we speak. And yes I’m p2w.

Yes, it’s entirely possible that I’m wrong. I don’t think so, but people who are wrong rarely think they are wrong, so there’s that.

It may very well be that what I’m referring to happened before the “more detailed” release notes we started getting and doesn’t count for what she was talking about. I’m ok with that if they would just say that - “we aren’t going to go back and retro update all the release notes, going forward we will identify loot drop changes [in generalities of course]”.

But at the end of the day, I honestly don’t care. I’ve moved into a phase where I just play the game and have fun and don’t get bent out of shape about things I can’t control. I like raids, I like AW, I focus on that. I like new stuff and have a smaller budget I’m sticking to. Everything else is just noise, including posting a lot on the forums, which is why I don’t post more…

5 Likes

I like your new philosophy and approach, though your presence here is always a pleasure.

4 Likes

You are not alone. There should be a point where they say, “OK, this person has spent enough. Here is your HoTM.” I have gotten every single Hero of the Month since starting play over a year ago and it has gotten increasingly harder to obtain one. No, I don’t need to see the pictures from people who have gotten 8 of them. I know that happens.

What I’m saying is that there ought to be a point where you are just awarded the HoTM for supporting the game with Money.

1 Like

Sounds like pay to win to be honest. If money can guarantee you an awesome hero.

1 Like

Money can pretty much already guarantee you an awesome Hero. The only question is how much you are willing to spend.

1 Like

If that is so, why does it need to change? Because your money isn’t enough to guarantee a an awesome hero?

I’m spending around 20 bucks every month. Willing to spend more if the deal is nice. Still I limit my budget to 50 bucks. But if small giant decides to give a hotm at 100 bucks. Then I think that screws me over. Because lot of people here are willing to pay that. Rather then that I think it’s more fair if it continues to be random. I laugh if someone spend 1000 bucks and end up with no hotm and someone else use one free epic coin and ends up with the hotm. In my opinion that is fair and less pay to win.

I’m not certain how that “screws you over.” I think it benefits those willing to spend more. If you are under any sort of impression that this game is not Pay to Win by this point, you have missed something along the way. The only difference is how much you will spend.

1 Like

That’s a really dangerous area.
How much is the cap to obtain it? Is it too much? Too low? It push people to just accumulate over time and don’t spend every month?
This lead small giant to do very desiderable heroes?
Not that easy, i guess.

I still prefer increased chance every tot bad pull or some kind of fusion.

Ok. So 100 bucks is no problem. What if they raise it to 500 bucks still ok with you
?

Hi man, i read your post and i mean i have easy answer for your question on pics and video.
Are we heading to Pay2Win?

This its Nov 2017 MISTIC VISION REWARD

Here the video to probe its not edited pic go to 0:58

And this its actually:

Im not expert but like i see, At the beginning, as you can see, good prizes are given even in mystical vision, now when completing chests of heroes or titans or monster results, they give pity, I agree that it is a business, I agree with buying gems, but I do not agree with being forced to buy items of ascension to be able to advance. I am grateful that the titans continue to give items of ascension, although now it will take months to ascend the heroes because even the titans were also modified to give less. So I hope this answers your question.

2 Likes

useless to say the results I guess… forth time in a row Im buying this pack without 4* AM
I should record my screen next time on video in order to show the great randomness of thats most fair offer SG provide in the game.
yeah yeah bad luck… I know… try it harder next time :rofl:

1 Like

@Rimbros
@MakeSGGreatAgain (nice name! )

absolutely!

(tl;dr:
Nowadays, players cannot make progress in the game like I and many others did in the good days. To my mind, this is annoying and demotivating to the players. And this, in turn, will not be beneficial to the game)

I myself received a damascus blade in some measly little chest when I was approx. level 12.
I remember it so well because, at the time, I had no idea what it was :wink:

The 5 titans chest was something to look forward to.

I pulled a nice selection of 4* heroes from the hero pulls with the small money that I spent at the time. And even two 5* heroes, Richard and Joon, who serve me to this day.

…Whenever I beat an opponent in raids who has a blue tank, this very Richard is one of the attackers. So is this Joon, for the rare purple tank… :blush:

I still do not have a team of maxed 3* heroes, because I started on 4* heroes early in the game. And Joon. He replaced Bane before Bane was even fully ascended.

So, I started out well in the game.
Very well.
And this is what kept my interest in the game.
This is also what got me into the habit of spending money. Spending money paid off. Pure and simple.

It was fun getting nice heroes, working on them, getting the AM, ascending the heroes, getting bigger, getting stronger, doing more titan damage, discovering raids - in the days when food drops were plentiful! - and raiding happily as a robber baron, bringing home lots of food for my hungry heroes.

It was fun.
Work was rewarded.
Spending some money was rewarded.

I remember the Christmas Calendar.
It gave me the 3 final ascension items for my 3 5* heroes. YEAH!! The joy!!! :hugs:

I remember working like a momma bird, gathering feeders and food for her 3 hungry young who were crying in the nest :grin:

And then, the joy of having 3 fully ascended 5* heroes in my team, who went very nicely with the maxed 4* heroes, and who enabled me to make nice progress in raids. YEAH!! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

… Nice trip down memory lane… very enjoyable… it was such fun :blush:

And, while taking this little trip down memory lane, I came to realize what exactly is so annoying, frustrating and demotivating about the changes and nerfs that were made in the game in this year:

You no longer progress in the game.
Instead, you regress.
Work is no longer rewarded.
Instead, it is punished.
Effort - and expenditure - has become futile.

The nerf in titan damage cannot be counteracted by getting, leveling up and ascending heroes.

I myself got and fully ascended the green HOTM, Gregorian, at exactly the time when 11* titans mysteriously started one-shotting fully ascended 5* heroes.

My reaction was: WHAT THE F… ???

Titan damage got WORSE.
Not better.
Work and expenditure was punished.
Not rewarded.

Well, I watched this utter nonsense in dismay for a short while. Then I decided to quit the rat race, get out of the hamster wheel and retire from playing intensively.

I can do so. I had a lovely start in the game, I have heroes, troops, everything - which I gained and ascended during the good days - I can enjoy the fruits of my labor in peace and quiet.

BUT what about the many players who have not got that far yet?

What about the many players who get worse titan damage, worse / nerfed drops and loot for all their efforts?

What about the many players who are stuck forever for lack of AM?

What about the many players who are running like a hamster in a wheel, getting nowhere, no matter how much they run?

How long, exactly, will they keep running?

… Food for thought

10 Likes

Thanks, you brought it to paper well and spoke it direktly from my heart!

Similar to me, in the first view month I got pritty troops and I missed just 2 4* after starting, after 8 Month playing I still miss them. I just got 2 other 4* which I already have. Great progress :-1:t2:

AM? What is this? Ones upon a time…
My intension is not, and I really mean NOT to try to get any HTM, Because I am not able to get him up to lvl80! This is a joke! In the first 3 month I got each 8* AM ones and without this nice missions!
The current situation is boring and annoying.

You guys developed the game pretty well and this positive feedback you can read everywere in this forum, but it is a natural human need to make progress. So why are you make the things so dificult and rare to get?
Get the standard stuff more easy to get! And every newcommer will apreciate it. Easy, isn’t it.

To add, I play the game about 2 Years and I’m close to quit due to the ridiculous progress in the last 8 month…
But I stil have some hopes SG will improove to get more AM in the future.

4 Likes

My experience is the opposite. It took me 3 months to get my first 4*, I’ve received almost no 4* troops whether in the beginning or later. I’ve had to grind for everything.

On the other hand I’ve never had problem witj AM as I ger so little heroes. Also have npt noticed any nerfs in drops.

I started just before last christmas.