Are we heading to Pay2Win? Plus, other concerns

@avicious I don’t agree with you 100%

I wouldn’t say that game is pay to win. Yes, it’s “pay to gamble”, but you don’t get ‘win’ at the end.

However, I think we have different problem. ‘You have to get them all’ syndrom.

I think 7D hero guide also helped with that hype.

I mean, if it’s not A, it’s worthless in many people’s eyes. And since this game is type of Gacha game that leads to feeling worthless if you don’t have top heroes. Which is weird to conclude, but people feel it like that and try to compensate.

I think that’s wrong approach. We should encourage people to play with what they have and to see good points and to learn how to use regular heroes.

Also, since my main focus is tile damage, when I check 7D tables, it has many cases of assigning different letters for heroes with the same attack stats. So in some sense, that also helps with confusion ‘is it worth it’. I’d say - it depends what you’re looking for. But people are stuck in the final letters.

Second, people burn out because general approach is higher, faster, more, better.

Best example is seen in wars. Many wars are ‘organised’ as chaotic mess on the battlefield where you constantly run to get some target before someone else gets it faster. And competing against each other basically. Oh and you all have to be there at the same time, or two. That’s stressfull. It can work for some time, and be major fun, and then you will burn out. It just depends on the person how fast. Or how obedient they are and they will suffer in silence and obey the leaders. And then quit.

That’s approach what I’ve seen in some alliances.

Oh and also ‘you’re not worthy if you don’t have 3800-4000 TP’ approach, that’s also ‘fun’ part to see.

Third, this is a game for long run, and if that’s mentioned, it usually sound like a disappointed conclusion. I don’t think it should be like that.

We players are forcing the perspective of ‘pay to win’. Let’s not. Let’s learn to enjoy what we have.

I mean, war loot is crap, titan loot is usually crap. So why exactly are we paying to get more heroes and to be more frustrated because we can’t level them? Or better - why we feel entitled that we have to have them if we paid?

We can’t have fun if we didn’t catch all Pokemons? Really? :thinking:

I don’t think this game is about having them all, nor that there’s some ultimate win in it.

I 100% agree with you is that changes to heroes, if they happened, should be announced.
However, I didn’t experience anything wrong with Wu these days, he’s crazy as usual.

Mats drop rate should be better. I mean, for example, it’s said that wars give mats, I’ve never heard that anyone got anything unfarmable from wars.

I agree with some others that different approach can be taken - it really doesn’t make much sense to give bunch of ascension mats to top 10 players in the events, because you know, they already have bunch of heroes.

Game isn’t generous for little players, that’s true.

So basically, I agree with @Pois1 it’s not the game itself alotough it can be improved of course, it’s the people who have lost their track.

18 Likes